GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

14 minutes ago, waysider said:

High Covid rates in T supporter states is a statistical fact, not an opinion or speculation. You can clearly see it if you look at current state by state data.

People with critical thinking skills can anyway.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

My experience with cognitive dissonance is that your cognitive (points to his head) and your emotional (points to chest) are at odds.

that makes sense...maybe that was some of my frustration in TWI - my mind thinks that's what the man of god says - but in my gut something feels out of whack

55 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

A narcissist creates an addiction in their victim.

You mention pain, and dopamine.  

I'm tempted to say the conditioning carrot and stick is all related.

41 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

LINK

T-Bone I think this relates.  It includes mice.  

yeah - I think you've got something there - good eye on seeing a relation

39 minutes ago, waysider said:

High Covid rates in T supporter states is a statistical fact, not an opinion or speculation. You can clearly see it if you look at current state by state data.

Well , here's the latest data, as of , um yesterday....

It's a 'seasonal' thing ya know ? summer more people indoors to keep cooler in Southern States and more indoors in winter to keep warmer in Northern States....THIS is called 'critical thinking' instead of playing the political card...shame on you and your false narratives !!

Where COVID-19 Cases Are Rising and Falling (healthline.com)

14 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

that makes sense...maybe that was some of my frustration in TWI - my mind thinks that's what the man of god says - but in my gut something feels out of whack

You know I was thinking the reverse . . . But I think I've been in that situation too

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Well , here's the latest data, as of , um yesterday....

It's a 'seasonal' thing ya know ? summer more people indoors to keep cooler in Southern States and more indoors in winter to keep warmer in Northern States....THIS is called 'critical thinking' instead of playing the political card...shame on you and your false narratives !!

Where COVID-19 Cases Are Rising and Falling (healthline.com)

I had cited county data. Allan, you're STILL full of BS and completely lacking critical thinking and analysis skills. You project and you operate completely on confirmation bias.

Until you can reassess your complete dismissal of anything anyone else posts that you don't like, you're not going to make your case about having any critical thinking skills.

49 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I had cited county data. Allan, you're STILL full of BS and completely lacking critical thinking and analysis skills. You project and you operate completely on confirmation bias.

Until you can reassess your complete dismissal of anything anyone else posts that you don't like, you're not going to make your case about having any critical thinking skills.

Actually, it was Waysider who quoted STATE statistics...you cannot even remember what you DIDN'T post ??!! Possibly a covid jab side effect lol...I have posted Current STATE statistics (all except Nevada are BLUE STATES which is purple)...and as I said "it's a SEASONAL rise and fall, NOT political !!! Get ur Facts on brutha !!!!

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Actually, it was Waysider who quoted STATE statistics...you cannot even remember what you DIDN'T post ??!! Possibly a covid jab side effect lol...I have posted Current STATE statistics (all except Nevada are BLUE STATES which is purple)...and as I said "it's a SEASONAL rise and fall, NOT political !!! Get ur Facts on brutha !!!!

You've obviously got no clue.

If you want to understand what's going on in a particular state, on any matter of interest, not just the virus situation, you can't simply look at the state en toto. You have to look at the differences in counties, districts, metro areas vs. rural areas, etc. You have to consider the differences in behavioral patterns and general attitudes.

Is Yahoo News reliable?

I just saw this article on Dr. Fauci, vaccines and boosters......

And, WOW........the comments section is brutal.

Dr. Fauci just issued urgent warning

[snippet from article]

"I think when all is said and done, as we get through boosting the overwhelming majority of the people who've been primarily vaccinated, we're gonna say, just like other vaccines that require multiple doses, like hepatitis B, like some of the childhood vaccinations, that it is likely" a booster is needed, he explained. "I'm making my own personal projection as an immunologist and infectious disease person. We don't have the proof yet—the proof of the pudding will be after you get people vaccinated and boosted, and we have a greater durability of protection that doesn't wane as easily."

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Is Yahoo News reliable?

[snippet from article]

"I think when all is said and done, as we get through boosting the overwhelming majority of the people who've been primarily vaccinated, we're gonna say, just like other vaccines that require multiple doses, like hepatitis B, like some of the childhood vaccinations, that it is likely" a booster is needed, he explained. "I'm making my own personal projection as an immunologist and infectious disease person. We don't have the proof yet—the proof of the pudding will be after you get people vaccinated and boosted, and we have a greater durability of protection that doesn't wane as easily."

May be an image of outdoors, tree and text that says "YOUCANVAX CANVAX THE ENTiRE PLANET BUT YOUCANT FEED THE STARVING"

4 hours ago, waysider said:

If you want to understand what's going on in a particular state, on any matter of interest, not just the virus situation, you can't simply look at the state en toto. You have to look at the differences in counties, districts, metro areas vs. rural areas, etc. You have to consider the differences in behavioral patterns and general attitudes.

As opposed to what you said 4 posts ago ??- "High Covid rates in T supporter states is a statistical fact, not an opinion or speculation. You can clearly see it if you look at current state by state data."- inconsistency is a sure sign of 'fudging'

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

Is Yahoo News reliable?

[snippet from article]

from the article:

“On Nov. 12, White House COVID adviser Anthony Fauci, MD, went on The New York Times' podcast The Daily to discuss the current state of the coronavirus in the U.S. According to Fauci, officials are now starting to see some waning immunity against both infection and hospitalization several months after initial vaccination. The infectious disease expert pointed toward incoming data from Israel, which he noted tends to be about a month to a month and a half ahead of us in terms of the outbreak…The need for boosters doesn't mean that the vaccines don't work, however. On the contrary, Fauci stressed that he does not think that "we've given the full rein to prove what it is that you need to make them work," like additional doses. According to the virus expert, researchers did not "have to time" to do extensive studies to determine whether two doses would be better than three, as there was a pressing need to get vaccines out to people sooner rather than later, which was "life-saving for millions of people," he noted.”

I clicked on the link in that article and listened to the 36-minute podcast – and yes this is some very concerning stuff!   here is the Fauci podcast  NY Times Fauci interview   - especially when Fauci said we are plateauing where we are now at some 70 to 73,000 cases a day – which he said  can be a setup for a resurgence upon that very high baseline…Delta variant is essentially a different species and a more formidable enemy…

but he like so many other experts on viruses are being very cautious about predicting any long term scenarios…I’m not saying he or any of these experts are painting a gloom and doom picture – but with my layman perspective I appreciate when they lay out realistic and possible scenarios.

If anyone listened to that     2 hour podcast of interview with Dr. Roger ( click here >   interview with Dr. Roger Seheult     ) I gave in an earlier post -  he gives a brief history in science’s fight with various diseases and it’s usually a very protracted timeline…. As  far as those “brutal comments” to the article  - and for that matter, social media in general – anyone can play armchair quarterback – I’ve read comments on some other forums that talk about since these vaccines were fast-tracked we should be over and done with it already – or for whatever reasons it seems they just want to criticize Fauci – even though they have no direct/experiential knowledge of vaccines, viruses, processing the data, etc.some armchair quarterbacks suggest this should be easy to figure out or theorize various conspiratorial hitches to our predicament

Edited by T-Bone
typos and formatting and adding links
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

What is your take on that brutal comment section?

What jumps out at me......is people are frustrated and confused by the mixed-messaging.  People are looking to Dr. Fauci, FDA and CDC to answer underlying questions that are swirling around......and straight-forward answers are hard to come by.

As one comment explained......"From the article,  "It's waning to the point that you're seeing more and more people getting breakthrough infections, and more and more of those people who are getting breakthrough infections are winding up in the hospital."    So......what you are really saying is that the vaccine really isn't all that effective in either preventing contracting the disease, nor is it as effective in preventing serious symptoms or from preventing death as the media has been pushing down our throats the past year. Again, I would like to ask the media and this administration, "what is the urgency for getting the population vaccinated if its not that good at preventing those already vaccinated from catching it or preventing serious symptoms & death? As a matter of "FACT" the ONLY consistency I have seen with this disease and the vaccination, according to the government & media is that the longer it goes on the more they are finding out about it. With that in mind the media wants to criticize those who are apprehensive about getting the vaccine because they feel like it wasn't studied enough. So far the media & government have done nothing but justifying those concerns.

Probably didn't help matters when the Yahoo article ended with Dr. Fauci saying this....... "We don't have the proof yet—the proof of the pudding will be after you get people vaccinated and boosted, and we have a greater durability of protection that doesn't wane as easily."

26 minutes ago, skyrider said:

What jumps out at me......is people are frustrated and confused by the mixed-messaging.  People are looking to Dr. Fauci, FDA and CDC to answer underlying questions that are swirling around......and straight-forward answers are hard to come by.

As one comment explained......"From the article,  "It's waning to the point that you're seeing more and more people getting breakthrough infections, and more and more of those people who are getting breakthrough infections are winding up in the hospital."    So......what you are really saying is that the vaccine really isn't all that effective in either preventing contracting the disease, nor is it as effective in preventing serious symptoms or from preventing death as the media has been pushing down our throats the past year. Again, I would like to ask the media and this administration, "what is the urgency for getting the population vaccinated if its not that good at preventing those already vaccinated from catching it or preventing serious symptoms & death? As a matter of "FACT" the ONLY consistency I have seen with this disease and the vaccination, according to the government & media is that the longer it goes on the more they are finding out about it. With that in mind the media wants to criticize those who are apprehensive about getting the vaccine because they feel like it wasn't studied enough. So far the media & government have done nothing but justifying those concerns.

Probably didn't help matters when the Yahoo article ended with Dr. Fauci saying this....... "We don't have the proof yet—the proof of the pudding will be after you get people vaccinated and boosted, and we have a greater durability of protection that doesn't wane as easily."

:eusa_clap:

46 minutes ago, skyrider said:

How much of the history of 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic history have you read?

I also wonder why there's still far too little reporting on that history.

1 hour ago, Allan said:

And my point again about the 'Iron Triangle' (That seems to get Bolshe almost in a state of orgasmic euphoria)....The media, the Government and activists...all working together to push/mandate a narrative. What's the narrative ? As in the article above, it will become clearer as 'their' plan unravels. "Truth is like a beachball that one tries to hold under water...can only do it so long because the beachballs natural inertia is to burst up through the surface of the water" - Dan Bongino.

What?  I thought we were just flirting.

I left you a youtube video a few posts back I thought you'd like and you haven't even commented on it.

*sniff*

As one comment explained......From the article,  "It's waning to the point that you're seeing more and more people getting breakthrough infections, and more and more of those people who are getting breakthrough infections are winding up in the hospital."    So......what you are really saying is that the vaccine really isn't all that effective in either preventing contracting the disease, nor is it as effective in preventing serious symptoms or from preventing death as the media has been pushing down our throats the past year. Again, I would like to ask the media and this administration, "what is the urgency for getting the population vaccinated if its not that good at preventing those already vaccinated from catching it or preventing serious symptoms & death?"........[snip]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who follow NFL Sports...... it's been an interesting two weeks.

• Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers QB [unvaccinated] got Covid.....(and yes, I know the tit-for-tat backstory).  He contacted Joe Rogan, who had recovered from Covid earlier this year) and followed the same protocols of Ivermectin, zinc, vitamin D3, etc......and played in the game today against the Seattle Seahawks.  Packers won 17-0.
  • Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers QB [fully vaccinated] got Covid.....and was placed on the reserve/Covid-19 list and missed today's game against the Detroit Lions.

These are the kinds of scenarios that are surfacing.  If we leave the politics and tribal thinking out of it.... why can't our health experts take a look at other therapeutic treatments like IVERMECTIN?

Rodgers was sick with Covid-19 just 10-12 days ago (??)..... and he's out on the football field TODAY leading his team to a shutout over the Seattle Seahawks 17-0.  Why is there silence in the media?  Shouldn't medical experts be phoning him and asking him to explain his treatment, his recovery?

56 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Do you think anyone is doing anything with what you post/comment other shake their heads or mock you? No one has given any indication that they believe your perspective or take seriously what you post. Nevertheless, carry on to your narcissistic heart's content.

You haven't engaged in ANY legitimate discussion on this thread.

Probs not !....guess what ? I don't care !!! The truth will be manifested as the evidence slowly but surely comes out...I'm just concerned I'll get lonely if 90% of the population is gone, gonzo, ta ta Ron in the next couple of years but then again, I have my narcissistic self to keep myself company :) Please tell me you have a rebuilt '69 Mustang in your garage...be sure to leave the keys in a convenient spot :dance:

skyrider:

"As one comment explained......"From the article,  "It's waning to the point that you're seeing more and more people getting breakthrough infections, and more and more of those people who are getting breakthrough infections are winding up in the hospital."    So......what you are really saying is that the vaccine really isn't all that effective in either preventing contracting the disease, nor is it as effective in preventing serious symptoms or from preventing death as the media has been pushing down our throats the past year. "

===============================================

Anyone who thinks that this meant the vaccine isn't effective don't understand what's happening.

The people winding up in the hospital are the people who are still refusing vaccinations.

The "breakthrough" infections are from the variants, with Delta being the most popular one to catch right now. If you catch a variant, you might not be 100% protected against the infection- but if you were totally innoculated with 2 shots before, then you're going to have a lot of resistance against the variant.  If you actually get sick, the severity and length will both be way down.

Anyone heard of Gabriel Iglesias?  He's a stand-up comedian from the US,  Mexican-American, and he's rather corpulent. His nickname is "Fluffy."    "Why do I drink diet soda?  So I can eat regular cake."    He's not that young anymore. He's seriously overweight, and has related problems (Type 2 diabetes, etc.)   He got one of the breakthrough infections from the Delta variant.   He's got a load of pre-existing problems.  He took to his bed and was fine the next day.  He said that's entirely due to him having both doses.  He said he's had worse incidents from HANGOVERS. 

Want to risk ending up in the hospital from one variant of Covid or another?  Just keep skipping the shots.  The shots decrease the risk of getting sick at all, and they decrease the severity of the illness if you DO get sick. 

Or, you know, you can just keep thinking that governments all agreed on innoculations as part of some conspiracy, and that every country manufacturing one or another is including some weird spying thing or something when they make it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

What?  I thought we were just flirting.

I left you a youtube video a few posts back I thought you'd like and you haven't even commented on it.

*sniff*

I did enjoy it...with my Drambuie LMAO...so shove that in your holy spirit pipe and inhale deeply...:knuddel:

Just now, WordWolf said:

skyrider:

"As one comment explained......"From the article,  "It's waning to the point that you're seeing more and more people getting breakthrough infections, and more and more of those people who are getting breakthrough infections are winding up in the hospital."    So......what you are really saying is that the vaccine really isn't all that effective in either preventing contracting the disease, nor is it as effective in preventing serious symptoms or from preventing death as the media has been pushing down our throats the past year. "

===============================================

Anyone who thinks that this meant the vaccine isn't effective don't understand what's happening.

The people winding up in the hospital are the people who are still refusing vaccinations.

The "breakthrough" infections are from the variants, with Delta being the most popular one to catch right now. If you catch a variant, you might not be 100% protected against the infection- but if you were totally innoculated with 2 shots before, then you're going to have a lot of resistance against the variant.  If you actually get sick, the severity and length will both be way down.

Anyone heard of Gabriel Iglesias?  He's a stand-up comedian from the US,  Mexican-American, and he's rather corpulent. His nickname is "Fluffy."    "Why do I drink diet soda?  So I can eat regular cake."    He's not that young anymore. He's seriously overweight, and has related problems (Type 2 diabetes, etc.)   He got one of the breakthrough infections from the Delta variant.   He's got a load of pre-existing problems.  He took to his bed and was fine the next day.  He said that's entirely due to him having both doses.  He said he's had worse incidents from HANGOVERS. 

Want to risk ending up in the hospital from one variant of Covid or another?  Just keep skipping the shots.  The shots decrease the risk of getting sick at all, and they decrease the severity of the illness if you DO get sick. 

Or, you know, you can just keep thinking that governments all agreed on innoculations as part of some conspiracy, and that every country manufacturing one or another is including some weird spying thing or something when they make it.

yeah, I'll go with the second option thanks anyhoo :drink:

11 minutes ago, Allan said:

I did enjoy it...with my Drambuie LMAO...so shove that in your holy spirit pipe and inhale deeply...:knuddel:

I thought the video actually supported some of your views.

If you actually have any.