GreaseSpot Cafe

Offshore financing

Ghosted

The way is also incorporated in Barbados. https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/101225180

I dunno if this is well known. But I was googling Jean Yves Delisle and his page on this was like the 10th result or something. There's no financial details, but I think its a little interesting.  I guess they wanted to hedge their bets against US tax law. Also, this info was leaked in 2016, so don't expect it to reflect whatever changes in leadership have come about since then.

It's likely nothing suspicious.  TWI sets up companies in each of its overseas countries under country names, eg, The Way in Great Britain, (and later, The Way of the UK - or maybe these two were the other way round - before and after the split when Europe fell deeply under CGeer's sway), The Way of Australia/of New Zealand, The Way Ministry of Canada.  

The Spanish-speaking countries are usually El Camion... and the French-speaking countries are La Voie de...

The company directors are invariably the trustees of TWI together with the country coordinator and maybe one other local to the country.

The money in each country belongs to that country's company, not to TWI itself.  Though the country-company may well directly contribute to TWI, and with TWI directors as the directors of the country-company, TWI can exercise significant control.

17 minutes ago, Twinky said:

It's likely nothing suspicious.  TWI sets up companies in each of its overseas countries under country names, eg, The Way in Great Britain, (and later, The Way of the UK - or maybe these two were the other way round - before and after the split when Europe fell deeply under CGeer's sway), The Way of Australia/of New Zealand, The Way Ministry of Canada.  

The Spanish-speaking countries are usually El Camion... and the French-speaking countries are La Voie de...

The company directors are invariably the trustees of TWI together with the country coordinator and maybe one other local to the country.

The money in each country belongs to that country's company, not to TWI itself.  Though the country-company may well directly contribute to TWI, and with TWI directors as the directors of the country-company, TWI can exercise significant control.

Ah, the Spanish-speaking countries are usually "EL CAMINO". ("The path".)  "El Camion" would translate to "The Truck."  

• Upvote 1

I know ex-wayfers in Australia have been trying to get their hands on the loose million or two in the way's account here in Australia...don't know what happened but insiders have told me it's locked up with the bank and has been for years...maybe that's why the Weekly's have turned up again lol

Ah yes, WordWolf.  El Camino.  Of course.

But maybe The Truck gives a better idea of just how it runs away with and over those who come into contact with it. :evilshades:

13 hours ago, Allan said:

I know ex-wayfers in Australia have been trying to get their hands on the loose million or two in the way's account here in Australia...don't know what happened but insiders have told me it's locked up with the bank and has been for years...maybe that's why the Weekly's have turned up again lol

Is the Way of/in Oz (as incorporated by TWI) still going?  It will depend on how it's constituted, but if not, then it may be possible to apply for it to be wound up and its assets distributed to other institutions with similar aims.  Is "The Way in Australia" (which looks active) the original (seems to be, from the guff that's in the About section on Facebook), or is it some unaffiliated offshoot?

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

Is the Way of/in Oz (as incorporated by TWI) still going?  It will depend on how it's constituted, but if not, then it may be possible to apply for it to be wound up and its assets distributed to other institutions with similar aims.  Is "The Way in Australia" (which looks active) the original (seems to be, from the guff that's in the About section on Facebook), or is it some unaffiliated offshoot?

I believe it's still active, if only on 'life support'

i don't think twi will ever disappear. all they need is 3 directors who meet once a year to maintain legal status and control of property and funds. With the sale of gunnison they could pay themselves handsomely for another century. And maybe send out a newsletter once a year to a dozen people to show they are maintaining religious activities..

On 12/1/2021 at 2:28 AM, Allan said:

3 hots and a cot.  Putting people in priests office for filthy lucre sake from OT.  The way will ride this into the sunset with a country song and a trailer.

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

I believe twinky however is a lawyer if I am not mistaken.

You're right, was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 1984 after many years study.  I also re-qualified in another country, where I am Called to the Bar and enrolled on the Bar List (= I'm a barrister and a solicitor there).  I've done some work in most of the major areas of law.  I also worked at HQ in a quasi-legal capacity in relation to some matters following Chris Geer's meltdown.