GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW Loaded with demons, LCM Angry at Gay believer anonymously requested prayer at Business/Professions Conference

11 hours ago, modcat5 said:

Ok, so it appears some dialogue got out of hand and you guys resolved it among yourselves.

To reiterate the rules: No namecalling (this includes altering the person's handle to mock him).

No politics (and absolutely zero tolerance for COVID misinformation, no warnings).

Please restrict your criticism to the arguments being made, not to the people making them. Calling people fools for their beliefs is unacceptable. Demanding proof for assertions is perfectly acceptable.

Using figurative wording: "Wag more bark less", comparing us to dog pets.  Or comparing us to kitty cats, "Purr more growl less". I hope that I at least got you to laugh a little bit. I even have a sticker on the back of my car that says "Wag More Bark Less".

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Sanguinetti said:

Using figurative wording: "Wag more bark less", comparing us to dog pets.  Or comparing us to kitty cats, "Purr more growl less". I hope that I at least got you to laugh a little bit.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think a good 60 percent of the GSC rules were to stop the kind of behavior I engaged in regularly back when I was feuding with... who was I feuding with? I forget his name.

In any event, James was around back then and hasn't been around since, so he probably thought that was still considered acceptable conduct. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, James French said:

modcat5: Yes, you figured right. I haven't been here in a long time. We were rubbing each other the wrong way for a while.

Thanks. I don't know if this will go to you or not, as its locked as you said?

James French

The notice that the thread was locked on 3/3 was directly followed by a notice the thread was UNlocked on 3/3, and the mod said he'd read everything, and we'd resolved things ourselves by the time it was locked, and regular discussion had resumed.  So, the thread is currently NOT locked.  If it was locked, neither your post I'm quoting, nor my reply, would be saved.  (Locked threads are read-only while locked.)