GreaseSpot Cafe

Craig Has His Own Offshoot Going On

He slowly reads the verse and injects so many tangents as he reads it, how do you truly follow it without giving in? . . . Immediately frames it in us versus them (senses versus the spiritual) . . . A heavy, condescending, cadence, . . . You're just waiting for the body slam like it's a wresting match

• Like 1

Not so sure about that.  I think someone may be uploading some of his old teachings from quite a long time ago.  Other sources suggest one of his 1995 teachings was only uploaded in 2018.  Some look like series but there are only a few in the series.  Google search shows this: "23 Jun 2018  The Way International 1995 Rock of Ages teaching from the Word of God, on how to Live Sanctified, by L. Craig Martindale."

What's a bit concerning is that, while most recordings are in mid double figures, some have had more than 150, nearly 200 audits.  Wonder if that's people who are interested in what he says, or nosey parkers (like patrons at the cafe) just trying to find out what he's up to?  But I'll leave that task to others at the cafe.  I heard quite enough of him when I was in rez.

He references the word "we" in Corinthians . . . First he puts everyone down, then puts down the people in Bible, then he associates Paul with those people as Paul tries to help them (because he knows Pauls thoughts), then relates modern day people to those folks, and of course *he* is standing in gap for them. 

If you followed any of that . . . It looks like he is blurring boundaries.  Boundaries between a modern narrative and characters in the Bible.  And then blurring boundaries between himself and the listener.

30 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

He references the word "we" in Corinthians . . . First he puts everyone down, then puts down the people in Bible, then he associates Paul with those people as Paul tries to help them (because he knows Pauls thoughts), then relates modern day people to those folks, and of course *he* is standing in gap for them. 

If you followed any of that . . . It looks like he is blurring boundaries.  Boundaries between a modern narrative and characters in the Bible.  And then blurring boundaries between himself and the listener.

Any good story telling there is going to be identifying of the audience with a character.  It just feels he is doing more than that.

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

Not so sure about that.  I think someone may be uploading some of his old teachings from quite a long time ago.  Other sources suggest one of his 1995 teachings was only uploaded in 2018.  Some look like series but there are only a few in the series.  Google search shows this: "23 Jun 2018  The Way International 1995 Rock of Ages teaching from the Word of God, on how to Live Sanctified, by L. Craig Martindale."

What's a bit concerning is that, while most recordings are in mid double figures, some have had more than 150, nearly 200 audits.  Wonder if that's people who are interested in what he says, or nosey parkers (like patrons at the cafe) just trying to find out what he's up to?  But I'll leave that task to others at the cafe.  I heard quite enough of him when I was in rez.

Craig states the date at the beginning of the teaching and they are current as of this year.

Edited by Stayed Too Long

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

It looks like he is blurring boundaries.

That's definitely his specialty.  Especially the boundaries between himself and other men's wives.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

That's definitely his specialty.  Especially the boundaries between himself and other men's wives.

He references "something he's been working on for 20 years"  . . . Which would be back to the time of the lawsuit

First - Thank you all for every word you've ever written here. GSC has been an invaluable source of insight into the pathology of twi.

Now, onto topic relevance: Thanks for the LCM Archive.org link. I've been looking for LCM material there for some time, but without success. (Archive.org is great, but vast and cumbersome to navigate.)

Archive.org also has lots of vpw material, including full transcripts and audio of AC '71/'79; full transcripts and audio of Romans Corps teaching from vpw; full video of vpw teaching CF&S, excluding the beastiality.

Vpw and lcm's voices cause me to recoil in severe, vomitous discomfort, but I find the transcripts are helpful to see through the utter BS, inaccuracies, fallacies and childish exegesis.

• Upvote 2

Good find Stayed Too Long ! Thanks.

So I listened to a few of them and noticed on this one

https://archive.org/details/the-remnant-of-grace-81-2-23-2020

A brief description was given:

The Remnant of Grace, For Modern Day Believers Who Are Freed From Spirit Realm Incarceration. Everything in LIFE  is  Ephesians 6:12; But: 1 John 4:4.” 

~ ~ ~~ 

The wording is so clunky and reminded me of Craig’s typical sensationalistic demonology that appeals to fans of wierwille’s spiritualism …then my brain went to a passage with something along those lines: 

1 Peter 3:19–20 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; (20) Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (KJV)

~ ~ ~ ~ 

Then being in the spirit of spritely and devious - I thought of the Bizarro World Enquirer headlines:

Ousted Cult-Leader Helps Spirits in Prison Escape

Edited by T-Bone
resized by the editors from Spirit World Today
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

. . .

The wording is so clunky and reminded me of Craig’s typical sensationalistic demonology that appeals to fans of wierwille’s spiritualism …

Yeah . . . In that "clunkiness" I think is an emotional language.  It's obviously nonsense when approached critically or rationally.  But teasing out from that noise he is speaking to other parts of the mind.  It often sounds childish. . . . But that is likely the point IMO

58 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Yeah . . . In that "clunkiness" I think is an emotional language.  It's obviously nonsense when approached critically or rationally.  But teasing out from that noise he is speaking to other parts of the mind.  It often sounds childish. . . . But that is likely the point IMO

Oh yeah – you nailed it Bolshevik!

An alarming aspect of TWI-follower’s/big PFAL-fans’ fascination with demonology is the amount of control it affords cult-leaders.

They elevate consequences for disobedience to the most frightening level.

TWI-leadership used the fear of devil spirits, fear of getting possessed and fear of the power and influence exercised by those supposedly “born of the seed of the serpent” the way some parents use the boogeyman to frighten their kids into parental-approved behavior. To NOT follow TWI-guidelines or even worse to recklessly oppose TWI-leadership is to risk punishment from Satan’s minions.

That’s something wierwille/Craig did to keep us trapped inside their theological box. We didn’t need to fear what the adversary could steal from us or do to us since wierwille/Craig already stole...  or   sabotaged   our greatest asset – the ability to THINK and CHOOSE.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

They elevate consequences for disobedience to the most frightening level.. . . TWI-leadership used the fear . . . ..  the way some parents use the boogeyman to frighten their kids into parental-approved behavior. To NOT follow TWI-guidelines or even worse to recklessly oppose TWI-leadership is to risk punishment from Satan’s minions.

I agree there's a definite stick aspect in a parental-like relationship (actually there was a literal stick but that is a tangent)

There was the carrots, too.  Earlier I quoted LCM using SIT to say when you SIT you are perfect.  Like a parent might say to a child they are Ironman.

In that fantasy world. . . The leaders and followers are children when they should be adults . . . And posing as adults over matters that don't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Why audio only?  Craig so wanted to be the star on video and film!!  And two new books WE have finished.  Who is "WE"???  On one of his recordings he said they are having good connections with his internet teachings.  I thought "the internet is of Satan?"  So many memories come back...but I digress!

Edited by Rejoice