GreaseSpot Cafe

Craig Has His Own Offshoot Going On

13 minutes ago, johniam said:

As for the trinity, the devil is laughing (rotflmaopimp) at mainstream Christianity just like Hogan's Heroes laugh at Klink and Schultz.

Why would you care what "the devil is" doing at all?

14 minutes ago, johniam said:

As for the trinity, the devil is laughing (rotflmaopimp) at mainstream Christianity just like Hogan's Heroes laugh at Klink and Schultz. Christ led captivity (the devil) captive, right? God's people are supposed to have Acts 19:20 impact (so mightily grew the word of God and prevailed), not Jude 3 impact (...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints).  But the devil deceives the whole world. He's laughing at you too. VP is DEAD. He is out of your control. At the gathering together, he will be rewarded for ANYTHING he's done that pleased God, and he will not be rewarded for anything he's done that did not please God. It's simple. 

A talebearer is a liar. The devil is the father of lies. Every time you repeat all that crap, you parrot the father of lies. I don't care how factual you think it is, your human pov doesn't even come close to God's eternal perspective. God planned our salvation availability when we were dead in trespasses and sins. You obsessively repeat one man's sins ad nauseum. Do you realize how self righteous and retarded that is?

Relevance?

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitterIsaiah 5:20 

The Son: Hey, Pop why did wierwille so hate the Trinity?

The Father: Well, Son – I was going to tell you this some time –  wierwille was so busy schtooping the flock – I mean that both literally and metaphorically (see, I do interpret myself) he needed a scapegoat to blame for how messed up Christianity is and real believers would need him to save it.

The Son: But I’m the Lamb of God!

The Father: wierwille taught you were chopped liver – the main reason people took PFAL was to hear how they could get whatever they want in life.

The Son: How sad…and his fans still defend that rotting wolf with pretentious hate speech.

The Father: What do you expect? The devil is the father of lies. wierwille fathered a following built on lies.

il_1588xN.2347547903_13jg.jpg

1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, a putting them in chains of darkness b to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh c and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from d the Lord. 12But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

13They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you. e 14With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, f who loved the wages of wickedness. 16But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.” 20If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” g and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”    2 Peter 2 NIV

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

6“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! 8If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

10“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. [11] a

12“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

15“If your brother or sister b sins, c go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ d 17If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be e bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be f loosed in heaven.

19“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”   Matthew 18 NIV

Just watch the pendant…yes…no…yes…no…maybe so...Now when I count to three, you will lick your lips and act real natural…and say “wierwille is the great power of god

Hypnotic_Hypnotist460_-300x180.jpg

45 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitterIsaiah 5:20 

The Son: Hey, Pop why did wierwille so hate the Trinity?

The Father: Well, Son – I was going to tell you this some time –  wierwille was so busy schtooping the flock – I mean that both literally and metaphorically (see, I do interpret myself) he needed a scapegoat to blame for how messed up Christianity is and real believers would need him to save it.

The Son: But I’m the Lamb of God!

The Father: wierwille taught you were chopped liver – the main reason people took PFAL was to hear how they could get whatever they want in life.

The Son: How sad…and his fans still defend that rotting wolf with pretentious hate speech.

The Father: What do you expect? The devil is the father of lies. wierwille fathered a following built on lies.

il_1588xN.2347547903_13jg.jpg

1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, a putting them in chains of darkness b to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh c and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings; 11yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them from d the Lord. 12But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

13They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you. e 14With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, f who loved the wages of wickedness. 16But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

17These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.” 20If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” g and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”    2 Peter 2 NIV

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

6“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! 8If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

10“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. [11] a

12“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

15“If your brother or sister b sins, c go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ d 17If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

18“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be e bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be f loosed in heaven.

19“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”   Matthew 18 NIV

Just watch the pendant…yes…no…yes…no…maybe so...Now when I count to three, you will lick your lips and act real natural…and say “wierwille is the great power of god

Hypnotic_Hypnotist460_-300x180.jpg

Mmmmph!

(Seriously. No snark. Damn. Well done, Mr. Bone. Mmmmph.)

"As for the trinity, the devil is laughing (rotflmaopimp) at mainstream Christianity just like Hogan's Heroes laugh at Klink and Schultz." 

[bI'm curious what Bible verse supposedly alleges that one.[/b]

"A talebearer is a liar. The devil is the father of lies. Every time you repeat all that crap, you parrot the father of lies. I don't care how factual you think it is, "

It's fascinating how things that are factually correct are actually labelled "lies" here.   The key is the conflation of "talebearer" with "bearer of bad news."  The watchman was supposed to warn the city, and that was a respected job.  So, it isn't just bearing bad news that's a problem.  Concordances mention a connection between a talebearer and SLANDER- which explains the conflation between "slander" and saying something bad about someone.   It's slanderous if it is FALSE.  

So, to warn about a corrupt official is recommended. That's not "slanderous."  It's "slanderous" if an honest, respected person is maligned- like someone claimed he went around slandering others when he did no such thing.  

So, someone went step-by=step, conflating one thing with another, until telling the truth was labelled "being a liar" and "parroting the father of lies" even if factually correct.   

It's like going step by step from "You shall surely die" to "You shall NOT surely die." Now, someone's gone and done the same thing.  Someone seems to have parroted the father of lies.  For an encore, they accused other people of what they themself did- which is something I was actually warned about in twi. By lcm.

quote: Why would you care what "the devil is" doing at all?

We are not to be ignorant of his devices. He's the adversary of God's people (body of Christ) who walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Any of that sound familiar?

As usual, this thread has veered off topic and is now a discussion about VPW, whereas it was originally about  LCM starting his own offshoot.

In light of the topic heading, maybe people might want to consider LCM in light of the information and descriptors in Joe Navarro's comments, as reported by T-Bone.  IMO, he suffers from many of these traits.  I draw your attention to point 35 in the list below.

On 2/25/2023 at 6:28 PM, T-Bone said:

That is something common in harmful and controlling cult-leaders. They REQUIRE excessive admiration...Consider some excerpts from a Joe Navarro article.

Joe Navarro, a former FBI Counterintelligence Agent and the author of What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People wrote an August 2012 Psychology Today article Psychology Today: Dangerous Cult Leaders, Clues to what makes for a pathological cult leader

Navarro said the two questions he gets asked most frequently by students of criminology and psychology are: How do you know when a cult leader is bad, evil, or toxic?  and   when is a cult leader pathological or a danger to others?    Navarro said those are valid questions in view of the historical record of suffering and hurt caused by various cult leaders around the world:

“From my studies of cults and cult leaders during my time in the FBI, I learned early on that there are some things to look for that, at a minimum, say "caution, this individual is dangerous, and in all likelihood will cause harm to others. Having studied at length the life, teachings, and behaviors of Jim Jones (Jonestown Guyana), David Koresh (Branch Davidians), Stewart Traill (The Church of Bible Understanding), Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo), Joseph Di Mambro (The Order of the Solar Temple a.k.a. Ordre du Temple Solaire), Marshall Heff Applewhit (Heaven’s Gate), Bhagwan Rajneesh (Rajneesh Movement), and Warren Jeffs (polygamist leader), I can say that what stands out about these individuals is that they were or are all pathologically narcissistic.

They all have or had an overabundant belief that they were special, that they and they alone had the answers to problems, and that they had to be revered. They demanded perfect loyalty from followers, they overvalued themselves and devalued those around them, they were intolerant of criticism, and above all they did not like being questioned or challenged. And yet, in spite of these less than charming traits, they had no trouble attracting those who were willing to overlook these features…

…These personality traits stand out as the first warning to those who would associate with them, but there are many others. Here is a collection of traits of cult leaders that give us hints as to their psychopathology. This list is not all-inclusive nor is it the final word on the subject; it is merely my personal collection based on studies and interviews that I conducted in my previous career.

If you know of a cult leader who has many of these traits there is a high probability that they are hurting those around them emotionally, psychologically, physically, spiritually, or financially. And of course, this does not take into account the hurt that their loved ones will also experience.

Here are the typical traits of the pathological cult leader (from Dangerous Personalities) that you should watch for:

1.    He has a grandiose idea of who he is and what he can achieve.

2.    Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, or brilliance.

3.    Demands blind, unquestioned obedience.

4.    Requires excessive admiration from followers and outsiders.

5.    Has a sense of entitlement—expecting to be treated as special at all times.

6.    Is exploitative of others by asking for their money or that of relatives, putting others at financial risk.

7.    Is arrogant and haughty in his behavior or attitude.

8.    Has an exaggerated sense of power (entitlement) that allows him to bend rules and break laws.

9.    Takes sexual advantage of members of his sect or cult.

10.    Sex is a requirement with adults and sub adults as part of a ritual or rite.

11.    Is hypersensitive to how he is seen or perceived by others.

12.    Publicly devalues others as being inferior, incapable, or not worthy.

13.    Makes members confess their sins or faults, publicly subjecting them to ridicule or humiliation while revealing exploitable weaknesses of the penitent.

14.    Has ignored the needs of others, including: biological, physical, emotional, and financial needs.

15.    Is frequently boastful of accomplishments.

16.    Needs to be the center of attention and does things to distract others to ensure that he or she is being noticed, e.g., by arriving late, using exotic clothing, overdramatic speech, or by making theatrical entrances.

17.    Has insisted on always having the best of anything (house, car, jewelry, clothes) even when others are relegated to lesser facilities, amenities, or clothing.

18.    Doesn’t seem to listen well to needs of others; communication is usually one-way, in the form of dictates.

19.    Haughtiness, grandiosity, and the need to be controlling is part of his personality.

20.    Behaves as though people are objects to be used, manipulated or exploited for personal gain.

21.    When criticized he tends to lash out not just with anger but with rage.

22.    Anyone who criticizes or questions him is called an “enemy.”

23.    Refers to non-members or non-believers as “the enemy.”

24.    Acts imperious at times, not wishing to know what others think or desire.

25.    Believes himself to be omnipotent.

26.    Has “magical” answers or solutions to problems.

27.    Is superficially charming.

28.    Habitually puts down others as inferior; only he is superior.

29.    Has a certain coldness or aloofness about him that makes others worry about who this person really is and or whether they really know him.

30.    Is deeply offended when there are perceived signs of boredom, being ignored or of being slighted.

31.    Treats others with contempt and arrogance.

32.    Is constantly assessing people to determine those who are a threat or those who revere him.

33.    The word “I” dominates his conversations. He is oblivious to how often he references himself.

34.    Hates to be embarrassed or fail publicly; when he does he acts out with rage.

35.    Doesn’t seem to feel guilty for anything he has done wrong nor does he apologize for his actions.

36.    Believes he possesses the answers and solutions to world problems.

37.    Believes himself to be a deity or a chosen representative of a deity.

38.    "Rigid," "unbending," or "insensitive" describes how this person thinks.

39.    Tries to control others in what they do, read, view, or think.

40.    Has isolated members of his sect from contact with family or the outside world.

41.    Monitors and/or restricts contact with family or outsiders.

42.    Works the least but demands the most.

43.    Has stated that he is “destined for greatness” or that he will be “martyred.”

44.    Seems to be highly dependent on tribute and adoration and will often fish for compliments.

45.    Uses enforcers or sycophants to ensure compliance from members or believers.

46.    Sees self as “unstoppable” and perhaps has even said so.

47.    Conceals background or family, which would disclose how plain or ordinary he is.

48.    Doesn’t think there is anything wrong with himself and in fact sees himself as perfection or “blessed.”

49.    Has taken away followers' freedom to leave, to travel, to pursue life and liberty.

50.    Has isolated the group physically (moved to a remote area) so as to not be observed.

this is the list that I use to survey the cult leader for dangerous traits. Of course the only way to know anything for sure is to observe and validate, but these characteristics can go a long way to help with that. And as I have said, there are other things to look for and there may be other lists, but this is the one that I found most useful from studying these groups and talking to former members of cults.

When a cult or organizational leader has a preponderance of these traits then we can anticipate that at some point those who associate with him will likely suffer physically, emotionally, psychologically, or financially. If these traits sound familiar to leaders, groups, sects, or organizations known to you, then expect those who associate with them to live in despair and to suffer, even if they don’t know yet that they will.”

End of excerpts

10 hours ago, johniam said:

He's the adversary of God's people (body of Christ) who walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Any of that sound familiar?

Yep. Boy, golly, does it ever!

Sounds like victor paul wierwille and his oily-headed seed boy, loy craig martindale.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Ask the music coordinator
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, johniam said:

quote: Why would you care what "the devil is" doing at all?

We are not to be ignorant of his devices. He's the adversary of God's people (body of Christ) who walks about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Any of that sound familiar?

Please expound on the difference between being ignorant (aware) of evil or (D'evil) and displacing your  attention on and love for God and your neighbor with obsession w/D'evil.

Then, please clarify how this (YOUR words from Wednesday afternoon) is awareness and not obsession:

As for the trinity, the devil is laughing (rotflmaopimp) at mainstream Christianity just like Hogan's Heroes laugh at Klink and Schultz. Christ led captivity (the devil) captive, right? God's people are supposed to have Acts 19:20 impact (so mightily grew the word of God and prevailed), not Jude 3 impact (...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints).  But the devil deceives the whole world. He's laughing at you too.

quote: From my studies of cults and cult leaders during my time in the FBI, I learned early on that there are some things to look for that, at a minimum, say "caution, this individual is dangerous, and in all likelihood will cause harm to others. Having studied at length the life, teachings, and behaviors of Jim Jones (Jonestown Guyana), David Koresh (Branch Davidians), Stewart Traill (The Church of Bible Understanding), Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo), Joseph Di Mambro (The Order of the Solar Temple a.k.a. Ordre du Temple Solaire), Marshall Heff Applewhit (Heaven’s Gate), Bhagwan Rajneesh (Rajneesh Movement), and Warren Jeffs (polygamist leader), I can say that what stands out about these individuals is that they were or are all pathologically narcissistic.

I am the way and the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me.

Sounds pretty narcissistic to me. Either way, I am a follower of that guy.

quote: Is the devil laughing at ... victor's interpretation of Romans 13?

You actually believe that the policeman is sent from God to help you? George Floyd and Michael Brown didn't. There is no govt anywhere that God did not put there. So you also believe that Hitler and Stalin were ministers of God? Just how you gonna act when it's YOU that is ridiculous?

Quote: 

It doesn't require being proven in a court of law before it becomes true.

Any torch carrying terrorist can say that. Such as...the people who call themselves "peaceful protesters" who then vandalize the cities they live in. Just whose side are you on?

4 hours ago, johniam said:

quote: From my studies of cults and cult leaders during my time in the FBI, I learned early on that there are some things to look for that, at a minimum, say "caution, this individual is dangerous, and in all likelihood will cause harm to others. Having studied at length the life, teachings, and behaviors of Jim Jones (Jonestown Guyana), David Koresh (Branch Davidians), Stewart Traill (The Church of Bible Understanding), Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo), Joseph Di Mambro (The Order of the Solar Temple a.k.a. Ordre du Temple Solaire), Marshall Heff Applewhit (Heaven’s Gate), Bhagwan Rajneesh (Rajneesh Movement), and Warren Jeffs (polygamist leader), I can say that what stands out about these individuals is that they were or are all pathologically narcissistic.

I am the way and the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me.

Sounds pretty narcissistic to me. Either way, I am a follower of that guy.

Hmmmm…can’t tell the difference between harmful / abusive cult-leaders and the Son of God who sacrificed himself to save others?

Here’s a thought:  maybe your people-picker is busted. :wink2:

1 hour ago, johniam said:

Quote: 

It doesn't require being proven in a court of law before it becomes true.

Any torch carrying terrorist can say that. Such as...the people who call themselves "peaceful protesters" who then vandalize the cities they live in. Just whose side are you on?

have you heard the one about the terrorists posing as tourists?

excerpts from a July 2021 article it mentions the ‘tourists’ at the Capitol on Jan.6. A lawmaker named Clyde described the rioters storming through the Capitol on January 6th  appearing to look like a “normal tourist visit” during a committee meeting.

Raskin, a member of the select panel, confronted Clyde during a Rules Committee meeting about his previous comments regarding the insurrection, in which he said people “would actually think it was a normal tourist visit” if they had not known the footage was from Jan. 6. “Do you stand by your statement that they were tourists?” Raskin asked Clyde. The lawmaker, however, refused to answer the question, claiming that Raskin had read an “interpretation” of his statement.

Raskin then recited Clyde’s statement in full: “Watching the TV footage of those who entered the Capitol and walked through Statuary Hall showed people in an orderly fashion staying between the stanchions and ropes, taking videos and pictures. You know, if you didn’t know the TV footage was a video from January the 6th, you would actually think it was a normal tourist visit.” “Those are your words,” Raskin continued. “And I stand by that exact statement, as I said it,” Clyde responded.

During the select committee hearing earlier Tuesday, several lawmakers had asked officers about comparisons made between the rioters and normal tourists.

Metropolitan Police Department Officer Daniel Hodges repeatedly referred to the rioters as “terrorists” throughout his testimony when recounting his experience of defending the Capitol.

When asked by Raskin during that hearing why he used the term “terrorists” to refer to the rioters, Hodges read directly from the U.S. code for domestic terrorism.

Officer Hodges reads U.S. Code definition of domestic terrorism to explain why he calls Capitol rioters “terrorists”

His response to Republicans comparing them to tourists: “If that’s what American tourists are like, I can see why foreign countries don’t like American tourists”

Excerpts from: lawmaker defends ‘normal tourist visit’ comparison for Jan. 6 | The Hill

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johniam said:

quote: Is the devil laughing at ... victor's interpretation of Romans 13?

You actually believe that the policeman is sent from God to help you? George Floyd and Michael Brown didn't. There is no govt anywhere that God did not put there. So you also believe that Hitler and Stalin were ministers of God? Just how you gonna act when it's YOU that is ridiculous?

You’re setting up your straw man as a false dilemma.

I don’t believe any of what you suggest I believe .

Romans 13 can be understood within Paul’s historical context — Roman imperial cult. What he’s saying in that chapter was for the 1st century Roman ekklesia (always ‘assembly,’ never ‘called out.’) not for 21st century Mericans.

Find out what cult meant in the Roman Empire of Paul’s lifetime. Find out about the beleeeved divine status of emperors and their families  Find out about gods EVERYWHERE during that time. Everyone honored and paid tribute to local and imperial gods, even Jews did — honor is not the same as worship.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

It seems this thread has devolved into politics. How'd that happen?

I don’t think it has really devolved into politics. Not REALLY.

But it does appear to have taken a turn into a cave well lit by torches and occupied by terrorists.

6 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

But it does appear to have taken a turn into a cave

There are caves in Toledo? Or wherever LCM now lives? LOL.

Actually, doesn't he live under a rock somewhere, rather than in a Rock?

quote: Romans 13 can be understood within Paul’s historical context — Roman imperial cult. What he’s saying in that chapter was for the 1st century Roman ekklesia (always ‘assembly,’ never ‘called out.’) not for 21st century Mericans.

Romans 13 can be understood as GOD BREATHED! Romans is addressed to the church of God, the body of Christ. There are 21st century Americans in the body of Christ.

VP taught on Romans 13 late 60s early 70s. He made the point that the "higher powers" are those in the church, not in the govt. The catholic church "honors" the pope that way and nobody complains. Why the double standard? 

So...the devil spirits who were stalking VP didn't like his take on Romans 13, so in 1972 they inspired the "Living Bible", which translates Romans 13 exactly as I quoted it. In 1975 VP did a teaching called 'the way of life and death' in which he had scathing things to say about Billy Graham, who made money off the publication of the "living bible". He said Karl Marx might as well have translated that, or the devil incarnate.