GreaseSpot Cafe

Martindale Sorry On Twitter

19 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

I am not familiar with posting on Twitter, but found these incomplete tweets?

https://twitter.com/LCMARTINDALE/with_replies

If it is really LCM he's still using cultspeak in those tweets.  He's apologizing in terms of a fantasy and not in terms of consequences as others would perceive.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

If it is really LCM he's still using cultspeak in those tweets.  He's apologizing in terms of a fantasy and not in terms of consequences as others would perceive.

I'm confident it's not really him.

• Upvote 1

I can't see the tweet, but I can see the comments beneath.  That's not him.  And he hates the name Loy - only ever called himself Craig, and only ever gave his name as L.Craig Martindale.

Somebody posted under a similar name many years ago.  On Facebook, was it?  Or somewhere else?  That was fake, too.

Don't know if this would be some "follower" trying to put things right by apologising in LCM's stead, or a "hater" trying to rile people up, or whatever.

I am damn sure LCM knows about the Cafe and knows he could apologise here.  If he were prepared to take the flak and hurt and general jumping on that that would entail.  Yeah, right.

• Like 1

whether it's him or not - if you ask me, that all just seems like crocodile tears…speaking of insincerity I think some folks have a wishy-washy and unbiblical approach to sin in the Church…

one very suspicious poster named Robinette Byden came on Grease Spot back in October of 2020 – though unspecified in their posts the main thrust – going on the details and context given - was about forgiving Martindale…In one of their posts > here 

“In all due respect to your response, WordWolf, I don't believe I was active with The Way during this "MOMENTUS incident", maybe if I had, I wouldn't give John Lynn the time of day right now. I can't help but think of somebody like Pastor Jim Bakker, who back in the 80's had a multi-million dollar world-wide ministry called the PTL Club and then served several years in Prison on Fraud charges. Today, Bakker remarried, has a church service in Branson MO, and managed to get a weekday, half hour show on Daystar TV. Not too shabby, but it's clearly a mere shell of the Ministry Bakker had 35-40 years ago.her 

On one hand, I respect the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who literally got exploited by Bakker via contributing tons of money to his ministry while he and then wife, Tammy Faye Bakker were living like grossly spoiled billionaires, to either go worship elsewhere or just plain not do anything at all for God anymore. I definitely get it.

On the flip-side, I'm eternally grateful that God Almighty gives Second Chances to people. If Jim Bakker is still ripping people off and messing them over spiritually, I'm sure God will make him pay for that on Judgement Day. Ditto with King David having an affair with a married woman and still continuing as Israel's spiritual leader. Ditto with Paul the Apostle representing God after murdering numerous Christians.

Just for the record, I'm not a "member" to either John's TLTF, or Bakker's Branson MO church, nor have I given even a penny to either of their ministries. If either or both are con artists ripping people off or destroying folks spiritually, I'm sure God Almighty will deal with them come Judgement Day. Call me naive or gullible if you will, but I just respect these two guys or anybody else who strives to make an effort to do God's Will. Will there be some back-sliding here and there? Probably, but give them some credit for persistence and determination.
I hope, WordWolf, this clears some stuff up a little bit.
Peace out.”

= = = = =

I quoted Robinette Byden’s post  and in my response  >  here and I said:

“Hi Robinette Byden,
Your posts have brought up some interesting points and after giving them some thought I wanted to address a few things.

God does forgive – but he does not always remove the consequences of sin. You mentioned David remained king even after his sins (adultery and the murder of Uriah). That’s true but even though he was forgiven there were severe lingering consequences. Since he had done evil to another man’s family, King David would receive evil in his own family – the rape of Tamar (daughter of David by Macaah) by David’s son Amnon and then another son of David Absalom avenges Tamar by murdering Amnon (    II Samuel 13        ). Sometime later Absalom was rebellious – and quietly built up support, declared himself king and mounted a revolt at Hebron, forcing David to flee to Jerusalem (  II Samuel 15      ); later on Absalom set up a tent on the roof of the palace ( perhaps throwing in David's face where his adulterous musing began) and had sexual relations with David’s concubines to assert his right to his father’s throne (    II Samuel 16: 21, 22      )       – fulfilling the judgement pronounced by Nathan (   II Samuel 12: 11, 12     )…after his affair with Bathsheba and his murder of Uriah, David wrote of his confession and plea for forgiveness in   Psalm 51    ...the whole mess was not something that was swept under the carpet.

Moving on to your reference of Paul chosen to be an apostle of Jesus Christ even after he so violently persecuted the church – you left out the most critical life-changing event – his conversion – being witnessed to by Jesus Christ himself! Paul’s former life as a persecutor would indeed look odd on an application to be a pastor of a church. Who would hire someone like that? Indeed many Christians initially had a hard time believing this persecutor had changed for the better and was now truly one of them  (     Acts 9       )…Paul even said of himself he was unworthy to be called an apostle – probably recalling his previous life of overseeing the imprisonment and death of Christians – but he could not deny the effect of God’s grace and forgiveness  (   I Corinthians 15  verses 8-10     )  “The conversion of Paul, in spite of his attempts to completely eradicate Christianity, is seen as evidence of the power of Divine Grace, with "no fall so deep that grace cannot descend to it" and "no height so lofty that grace cannot lift the sinner to it." It also demonstrates "God's power to use everything, even the hostile persecutor, to achieve the divine purpose."  From   Wikipedia on the conversion of Paul     . Again Paul's former lifestyle as a persecutor of the Church was not something that was swept under the carpet.”

And ended my post by asking Robinette Byden:

“Hey, I was wondering - and I hope it's not rude to ask -
What did you do in TWI? Corps? WOW? Leadership roles?
Why did you leave TWI?

What do you do now – fellowship wise?”

~ ~~ ~ 
But I never got a response…like I said earlier -  I tend to be suspicious of crocodile tears…especially when they seem to want to guilt me into doing the supposedly Christian thing of forgiving…to me it’s a wishy-washy and unbiblical approach to sin in the Church wrapped up in a multi-colored coat of hypocrisy, piousness, pretentiousness, and self-righteousness.  

Comparing apples to oranges   :biglaugh: - it’s always interesting to compare “the world’s” reaction to big time sins and the way some fallen preachers wish to be treated. I think of the public’s reaction to the bad behavior of people like Larry Nassar, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and Jeffrey Epstein…You can knock all the organized religions that you want to – but I have a lot of respect for any of them when they not only air their dirty laundry, but also hold people accountable, and deal justly, legally, and fairly with all involved in order to hold true to the principles of their faith. "Must be something wrong with our scale of values"  ...yikes ! another blast from the past :biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone
the editor cried real crocodile tears
  • Upvote 1

I Timothy 4:2   "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;"

As much as I'd liked to imagine that lcm, once out of the spotlight, got quiet, got humble, and went to God and learned humility,

it's obvious he did none of the kind.  He was out of the spotlight, but has learned nothing in all the years he's been under wraps.

That's amazing, since some of us have lived entire new lives during that same time-frame.

lcm has never understood what he did wrong, he has never understood how he hurt innocent people.  vpw abused him by leading him astray and teaching lcm how to abuse people, but lcm has never even asked whether or not it was right to do so in all the years since.  He has no remorse over his actions, because he has no remorse over actions that hurt people.  That's a shame.

• Upvote 1