GreaseSpot Cafe

Donna Randall

Junebug120

Question

Hello! I'm wondering if any of you have any information on Donna Randall. I'm closely related to her, and I have always heard about The Way growing up (I was never involved with it, nor was my immediate family), but it's just now in my adulthood that I've started to investigate what the group really was and what role she played. For what it's worth, I have always had a bad relationship with her and we have not spoken in years, so feel free to be as brutally honest as you'd like. I read the book Cultish, which talks a little bit about TWI, and that's what started me on this journey. Any information you can share would be appreciated!

• Upvote 1

7 answers to this question

Hi Junebug120,

I knew Donna Randall. I was in the second Way Corps training program (1971-1973) and she and Gene, her husband, lived at HQ at that time in the trailer near the ones for the Corps.

In my memoir, Undertow (see the thread here about that) she appears, although I did not use her real name. She was Wierwille's "research" secretary beginning before he even filmed the PFAL class. She taught the Way Corps a class on biblical research keys. The woman who taught me Aramaic, Bernit* Jess, is also noted in my book but by her real name because she was already deceased when I published it in 2017. She was Donna's friend. My story covers the years of my involvement, 1970 - 1987. Donna was still around when I left, but not prominent.

For more history on The Way, I suggest you try and find a copy of The Way Living in Love by Elena Scott Whiteside. Donna is written about in that story.

You can also send me a private message here, and I'll try to answer any questions you might want to ask me.

Cheers,

Charlene Lamy Edge

Edited by penworks
  • Upvote 1

Start reading the forums and you will learn more about The Way than you ever imagined. Also, enter  Donna Randall in the search box and you will see her named numerous times.

This is the obit for Donna’s husband, Gene.

https://www.mccolaughfuneralhome.com/obituary/eugene-randall

Edited by Stayed Too Long

50 minutes ago, waysider said:

I took a weekend class she taught about 50 years ago called Keys To Biblical Research or something along those lines. Outside of that, I never knew her.

I enjoyed that class…explaining the function of grammar was a big help…I remember when she taught about the word “but” it means “but in contrast” …then mentioned at a meal someone saying “please pass the but-in-contrastor”…I’ve always been a fan of puns!

23 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Start reading the forums and you will learn more about The Way than you ever imagined. Also, enter  Donna Randall in the search box and you will see her named numerous times.

This is the obit for Donna’s husband, Gene.

https://www.mccolaughfuneralhome.com/obituary/eugene-randall

I passed along some inaccurate information in the above message concerning entering “Donna Randell” in the search box. The result is an abundance of responses to “Donna”, who is another person, not referring to Donna Randell. Entering “Randell” in the search box brings up nothing.

i hope you are finding success in your endeavor.