GreaseSpot Cafe

Mark Paxton

One thing we know is that he's a conspiracy nut.  On his "about us" page, he has a notice:

URGENT!  Look up patent 7279327  at USPTO.gov  and save a screenshot of the result!  URGENT!

https://biblebookprofiler.com/images/urgent-msg.png

I looked up the patent. It's a patent about magnetics and memory storage,  computer high-tech stuff for storing memory.

So, I looked up other references to this patent.  Despite the patent clearly being about magnetics and memory storage,  some conspiracy fools are saying it's a patent for covid that was taken out decades ago, and thus proof that it was invented decades ago.  This is not only stupid, it's easy to check! 

35 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

One thing we know is that he's a conspiracy nut.  On his "about us" page, he has a notice:

URGENT!  Look up patent 7279327  at USPTO.gov  and save a screenshot of the result!  URGENT!

https://biblebookprofiler.com/images/urgent-msg.png

I looked up the patent. It's a patent about magnetics and memory storage,  computer high-tech stuff for storing memory.

So, I looked up other references to this patent.  Despite the patent clearly being about magnetics and memory storage,  some conspiracy fools are saying it's a patent for covid that was taken out decades ago, and thus proof that it was invented decades ago.  This is not only stupid, it's easy to check! 

yeah you probably came across some of the same dubious websites that I did - one offered a corrected translation of Zelensky's speech to congress and other conspiratorial nonsense. 

But- he had the right website for the Patent Office, and a full patent number!  It may take a few minutes to figure out the navigation, but the details are right there!  Was he that lazy that he didn't look, or did he look and was unable to tell the difference between a patent for memory storage and one for virus DNA, if there is even such a thing?

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

But- he had the right website for the Patent Office, and a full patent number!  It may take a few minutes to figure out the navigation, but the details are right there!  Was he that lazy that he didn't look, or did he look and was unable to tell the difference between a patent for memory storage and one for virus DNA, if there is even such a thing?

initially what I did was google "patent 7279327" and then google also added "hoax" so first time around in my search I went with that - and that's probably what steered me to some dubious websites

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Given that a certain Big Ag mega corp has patents on some corn and soybean (and probably more) DNA, I'd figure there actually may be such a thing. Then again, unless Mr Paxton (or anyone else) actually synthesizes a particular virus DNA, apparently not.