GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI: culty cult or ethical cult? Past, present, or future possibilities

Rocky

I am being mocked for repeating the ideas of others, such as billionaires known for putting their money where their mouth is.

The fact someone joined a cult proves further people will have increasing reliance on AI.

People like VPW are followed all the time.  Not because of what they are, but because of what followers choose to see.

As the society, again, I do not coin the term, becomes atomized, people will become their own cult leaders.

Every interaction in The Way was nonsense.  What interaction was real?  Were the humans real?

How horrible was it?  

Is being suggested here AI couldn't do BETTER than The Way?

Edited by Bolshevik

Rocky, 

I've gone through the start of this thread.

You asked what do you think?

I told you.

You were a vague jerk who never gave his view.

The PFAL graduate is a defender of child abuse.

I should hate all of them.

I'm seeing posts now that weren't there before.  I don't know why that is.  Sometimes when I switch between different computers and handheld devices that happens.

It looks to me like there's amusement over the topic of child abuse.  

I'm never amused by that.  

I boil over that topic.  Always have.

Maybe AI could help those without guidance.  If that amuses you, go F yourself with a red hot iron.

Edited by Bolshevik
Because poor grammar justifies abuse

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

I suppose they might... for some people. I don't believe that will change human nature, however.

I think your argument had no merit. 

1)  All species change over time.  It's called evolution.  That includes behavior.

2)  Nurture can greatly affect a person's decisions in life. 

I can't fathom how you wouldn't know that.  Thus I see aggression by you.

Moving AI in to replace absent roles is an idea, when I see none from you.

My take on this is somewhat of a blend between the two ideas.

The core essence of human nature remains the same. (Maslow's hierarchy and all that jazz.) That doesn't negate the fact that all species evolve (or de-evolve, as DEVO posited) over time.

However, as society is becoming progressively unable to meet those needs, AI is increasingly being used to try to fill the voids.

For consideration, I offer THIS piece about a current trend in Japan.

Accept it, reject it, doesn't matter. This is the reality we are dealing with in the modern world.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

. . .

Accept it, reject it, doesn't matter. This is the reality we are dealing with in the modern world.

Japan also has businesses and insurance policies meant for the elderly, who have nobody.   They pass and nobody knows for a long time.  I don't imagine that existence is pleasant.

With younger people I predict surrogate parents.  We don't want "lost boys" running around or easily gathered by some leader type.

Edited by Bolshevik

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

So AI is trying to replace humans for jobs they can’t stand like call in customer support.  Some form of chat bot is used that posts nonstop links to self help documents.

Chat Bot, heal thyself 

(* standard reply disclaimer: your post is very important to me/us at T - B o n e _ _ _ _ _ and will be answered in the order it was received. Tik Tok Hunan Wok give a dog a bone)

On 4/18/2022 at 4:59 AM, Bolshevik said:

I can't fathom how you wouldn't know that.  Thus I see aggression by you.

Wow! You see? How could you possibly?

I don't think I've seen you ask for clarification on anything I've said that could lead you to such a conclusion.

I'm not going to argue or bicker with you.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:03 PM, Rocky said:

From page 2 of this thread:

Further, the Big Think topic seems to me to be: we know cults exist and are bad, but can the badness be mitigated into something more benign. Further, we also know the importance to humans of BELONGING socially. Can groups which provide a sense of belonging yet do so without most of the adverse characteristics we have come to associate with cults?

To reiterate MY premise for this discussion.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:58 AM, waysider said:

Be that as it may, I don't really think that's the subject of this thread.