GreaseSpot Cafe

Have you ever been the only person in a theatre?

Just bought a ticket to a late Tuesday showing of The Lost City. Movie starts in about 20 minutes and it looks like I bought the only ticket in the theatre so far.

This got me thinking, what can I do to have some fun screwing around in the theatre as the only person in there…providing that nobody else shows up.

Things to do as the lone movie watcher:

Talk back to the actors

Overreact - when something happens or someone makes a threat yell out “oh no not that!!!!

Any time Sandra Bullock is about to get into a vehicle yell out a reference to her Speed movie “get on or get off”

When they find the lost city - have a You Tube of the theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark cued up and ready to go

Take some selfies of you standing in front of the screen so it looks like you’re in the movie.

Every so often yell out “down in front” or “quiet please” just so it feels like you’re in total control.

~~~~~

Hopefully the movie is not boring…I sat through Independence Day 2 in a theater of about 10 people - the film was boring - I started rewriting the script in my head and got into redesigning the theater and messed with playlists on my iPhone…good luck…and welcome to Grease Spot!

Thanks to studios releasing movies on streaming services at the same time they open in theaters, sitting in a theater with one or two people isn't that uncommon, these days.  I think people miss out on the full experience when they go the streaming route (unless they have a BIG TV).  

I don't mind having a little more room to place my drink and popcorn.

My only "go to" line when entering an empty or nearly empty theater with a date is, "I think I see a couple of seats over there!"

George