GreaseSpot Cafe

Power for Abundant Living Today™

OldSkool

13 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

You used the ROA to illustrate a sense of belonging.

The ROA.

It's like saying life is in the TWIG.  The opposite is true.

It really sounds like taunting.

This is where, if you didn't understand, you need to ask for clarification. Instead, you, with hostility, declare the meaning you inferred without any reference to what was the intended message.

Frankly, WW did a very good job (IMO) of explaining key sociological issues you seemed to have misunderstood, intentionally or otherwise.

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

They are afraid of losing their social status. It was a huge glass of ice water to the face when I had to adjust to life outside TWI's household. Life has never been better --- that social trap is tough to climb out of but it can be done.

They are afraid of losing their social status. That's one definition of "belonging."

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

This is where, if you didn't understand, you need to ask for clarification. Instead, you, with hostility, declare the meaning you inferred without any reference to what was the intended message.

Frankly, WW did a very good job (IMO) of explaining key sociological issues you seemed to have misunderstood, intentionally or otherwise.

I haven't seemed to misunderstood.  I've read this place for over 15 years.

I present a MODEL.

The two of you went on an ad hominem tirade.

40 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I haven't seemed to misunderstood.  I've read this place for over 15 years.

I present a MODEL.

The two of you went on an ad hominem tirade.

That claim is not true. It seems your confirmation bias is radiating out brightly.

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

That claim is not true. It seems your confirmation bias is radiating out brightly.

Did I ever say belonging was not a thing?  I said it was a thing, and I put on a spectrum other things, that a person put together.

The two of you tried to argue whether the thing exists or not.  Which was NOT my claim.

5 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Soooo - what if the compulsion to belonging stems from a form of Stockholm syndrome?

:spy:

Yes and no.  We need the bottom of the hierarchy of needs to engage in the top of the hierarchy of needs.  The Class pressures from the top down.  Belonging is not on the top, or very bottom, but sometimes I've seen it there.

I have restated what GSC has already said. And got an argument.

14 minutes ago, Rocky said:

You misstated and mischaracterized previous threads, comments, and posts.

If you're argument is that the threads interpret themselves, we've done that already.

You're initial response was "seriously?".  Presupposing gawd knows what.  You discredited me from the get go.  What do you expect?

11 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

If you're argument is that the threads interpret themselves, we've done that already.

You're initial response was "seriously?".  Presupposing gawd knows what.  You discredited me from the get go.  What do you expect?

Not an argument. A statement. 

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Not an argument. A statement. 

The problem with belonging is the behavior of the followers of the way I witnessed.

13 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Exactly Twinky.

Trying to hide acceptance for the class material with "belonging" is old as time.. heard it all before

The Class does NOT make sense

YOU are the one conflating the issues.

Btw, this is salient and can provide you with solace, if you want solace, that is. Bless your heart. 

:love3: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeEiHCOA9pk/

Edited by Rocky

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

YOU are the one conflating the issues.

Btw, this is salient and can provide you with solace, if you want solace, that is. Bless your heart. 

:love3: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeEiHCOA9pk/

Weird

If you're not see the contradiction . . . Belonging. . . At the same time . . . Everyone needed to be pushing others out  . . . That's important 

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I don't see a vomit emoticon.

The Class if full of contradictions.  You felt you belonged to a place that treated you and others badly.

11 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

If you're not see the contradiction . . . Belonging. . . At the same time . . . Everyone needed to be pushing others out  . . . That's important 

What I see is you doing what TWI did for eons... get mad when people disagreed with them. They always had to be right. Now, selectively conflating concepts/issues/notions, you have to be the only one with the right answer.

That's not how life works, my friend. :wave: