GreaseSpot Cafe

25 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

But all of experience is one hallucination.  Our illusion of choice is pretermined by a set of possibilities.  Such disfunctional authority is rooted in inevitable failures of systems billions of years old.

5 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

If Lot and his daughters were living today they would be in prison, because incest is about as bad as it gets. One of the daughter’s offspring with Lot, was even made the head of the Moabites. Along with slavery, rape, and child sacrifice, add incest to the list of sins God allows. Where, oh where, is his mind?

Right. Child-F-ing. Only religion can interpret away such a bloody glove. 

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Probably. Predetermined by a set of possibilities or causes? Authority is the 2nd weakest reason to believe anything, according to Peirce  

He was pushing anarchy?  Your Honor  . . . You're the second weakest reason here . . And I aim to test that

Edited by Bolshevik
Is it your or yer?

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

He was pushing anarchy?  Your Honor  . . . You're the second weakest reason here . . And I aim to test that

It must be true. 
Why? 
Because he said so.
Who said? 
The doctor, the reverend, the authority said. 
Why is he an authority? 
Because he himself said so about himself. 
Well, then. It must be true if he says it's true. After all, he's the authority according to himself. Victor said it, I believe it, that settles it.

This is stupidity. 

Authority is not a good enough reason to BELEEEVE. Questioning authority is not anarchy. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Glove fitting

As a father I want the best for my kids. That involves letting them think for themselves a lot, even if they are wrong.

From my children's perspective I am both good and bad, depends on the day, or moment, or year. I am the thief, the destroyer and I give them an abundant life, as much as is in my power. As they have grown, they see more of what actually happened, and still happening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, cman said:

As a father I want the best for my kids. That involves letting them think for themselves a lot, even if they are wrong.

From my children's perspective I am both good and bad, depends on the day, or moment, or year. I am the thief, the destroyer and I give them an abundant life, as much as is in my power. As they have grown, they see more of what actually happened, and still happening.

Are you attempting to justify God’s totally incomprehensible creation of mankind by comparing him to yourself? You are so much better than anything he could ever come up with. After all, he botched the first creation so bad, he ended up killing them all. I think your family is in good hands and do not have to fear for their lives. 

7 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It must be true. 
Why? 
Because he said so.
Who said? 
The doctor, the reverend, the authority said. 
Why is he an authority? 
Because he himself said so about himself. 
Well, then. It must be true if he says it's true. After all, he's the authority according to himself. Victor said it, I believe it, that settles it.

This is stupidity. 

Authority is not a good enough reason to BELEEEVE. Questioning authority is not anarchy. 

But that's exactly what the Soviets did.

That's the role of the wooden spoon.

4 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

We are all certainly the child of a woman and man (are these still an acceptable descriptions of today’s sexes?) who decided to “come up” with us. 

I'm trying to decode it.  .  . .  I think mermaids are genderfluid.  . . 

• Like 1

Zeus' siblings were eaten by his father.  I believe that same father had a conflict with his father.

Yaweh had a father back when there was still a pantheon.  Wonder if they quarreled?  Cause I think they were merged into one.

I just thought it very succinctly stated the obvious plus a few new ones. Combing through the bible you can easily read some crazy thing, (an animal is unclean if it doesn ‘t chew its cud), causing you to scratch your head, then close the book, and grab a beer. HOWEVER; Bob Dylan is now selling his brand of whiskey; Heavens Gate. So possibly a couple of shots of Double Barrel Whiskey will also do the trick.

Edited by Stayed Too Long

42 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

I just thought it very succinctly stated the obvious plus a few new ones. Combing through the bible you can easily read some crazy thing, (an animal is unclean if it doesn ‘t chew its cud), scratch your head, then close the book, and grab a beer. 

I've heard the terms aggressive atheist and new atheists.  I thought that fad went away.  That's what your unoriginal statements are usually associated with.  Seems more driven by an agenda than curiosity.   

Who's threatened by talking donkeys in a story when nobody goes to church?

Ever watched bugs bunny?  Uncle grandpa?  THAT should cause you seizures.

What actual practical practices are you selling by saying Jonah was a liar?  That introspection is BS?  

Snakes don't talk therefore evil doesn't exist?  Teach your children evil is an old wives tale.  Do it.  Deliver.

A bunch of guys, in secret, scribbled some some stuff down in ink and POOF.  The Constitution.  Written illegally.

SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND.

Edited by Bolshevik

Constant bickering over the interpretation of The Constitution too.  Which party is the CORRECT party?  Why so many?  They hardly agree within.

A document that discussed slavery and how slaves were 3/5 of a person.

3/5 of a person.

What sort of Founding Father would do that to a people!

Monsters!  All of them!

Edited by Bolshevik

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I've heard the terms aggressive atheist and new atheists.  I thought that fad went away.  That's what your unoriginal statements are usually associated with.  Seems more driven by an agenda than curiosity.   

What is the concern if what I post is an agenda or curiosity? 

Edited by Stayed Too Long

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Constant bickering over the interpretation of The Constitution too.  Which party is the CORRECT party?  Why so many?  They hardly agree within.

A document that discussed slavery and how slaves were 3/5 of a person.

3/5 of a person.

What sort of Founding Father would do that to a people!

Monsters!  All of them!

But the Constitution is a self-interpreting document from which we get righteous instruction for making three-fingered gloves for those completely incomplete people. Gloves for all without exception. It's so simple, if you just work it. Three-fingered hands fit perfectly in three-fingered gloves. Bless your little hearts. I wish you could read it in the original.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Glove fitting

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

But the Constitution is a self-interpreting document from which we get righteous instruction for making three-fingered gloves for those completely incomplete people. Gloves for all without exception. It's so simple, if you just work it. Three-fingered hands fit perfectly in three-fingered gloves. Bless your little hearts. I wish you could read it in the original.

There was a Thriteenth Amendment passed and a civil war fought over a 150 years ago to correct the horrible injustice. In 1964 the Civil Rights Voting Act was also passed.