GreaseSpot Cafe

Southern Baptists, Roman Catholics, TWI, the whole business model is corrupt

Rocky

Read this WaPo story without charge because I have a subscription and provide the link because of it.

Leaders in the Southern Baptist Convention on Sunday released a major third-party investigation that found that sex abuse survivors were often ignored, minimized and “even vilified” by top clergy in the nation’s largest Protestant denomination.

The findings of nearly 300 pages include shocking new details about specific abuse cases and shine a light on how denominational leaders for decades actively resisted calls for abuse prevention and reform. Evidence in the report suggests leaders also lied to Southern Baptists over whether they could maintain a database of offenders to prevent more abuse when top leaders were secretly keeping a private list for years.

Oh, if only everyone who knew of such abuse in TWI could have, would have stepped up and spoken out or kept such a list. At least two brought lawsuits against the second president of TWI.

I think there are many of us who know women abused by TWI leaders, dead ones, current ones, and TWI offshoot ones, who must be suffering from PTSD as this news story gets played. 

I am sickened all over again.

So, in my view, we should get someone to do away with the whole "business model." Yeah, right. If only ...

Edited by penworks
  • Upvote 1