GreaseSpot Cafe

Being on-call and other misadventures

T-Bone

Here’s a fun fact about me. I once designed a vehicle that was rollover-proof.

My inspiration was that old saying “you can’t beat a dead horse.”

11-microbus-ball_umoSh_7071.jpg&ehk=GzXS

I got tired of working at The Mattress Firm, so I just got up and walked off the job

dt_160714_sleepwalking_800x600.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
I can edit in my sleep...I often do...zzzzzZZZZZzzzzz

As a test pilot for Blue Origin, I often conduct a thorough shakedown of new products for space travelers.
                                                 This Etch A Sketch Lunar Edition is sweet!

qghhzjlxv5zpxep2o1xe.jpg

15 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

This Is Not a Pipe - Super Mario Bros T-Shirt - The Shirt List

I like that... This is not a pipe   ...I had to look that up...good job - make your audience work for it - it will mean so much more to them! :biglaugh:

later on I showed my son your post - he informed me that's the pipe from The Mario Brothers game - the brothers are plumbers ! That's like a piranha or a Venus fly trap or something.

You get double points that's like a wheel within a wheel ...I mean pipe within a pipe thing. way cool.

Edited by T-Bone
an edit within an edit

It was a very long awkward moment. I had just handed Mr. Pacino the check and was going to tend to other tables – but his loud gasp and bug-eyed stare at the check made me snap to attention. It seemed like time stood still – and I thought for sure all eyes were upon Mr. Pacino and me. Did I bring him the wrong check? Did we overcharge him? Did I forget to mention the blue-plate special? Did I miss something? Did he want something else? I thought I had been very attentive since I knew who he was. 

Al-Pacino-1992-Scent-of-a-Woman.jpg

After what seemed like years of my career being in suspended animation – frozen in uncertainty and embarrassment – Mr. Pacino gracefully withdrew his wallet as a magician would pull a rabbit out of his hat. He stuffed a bill in the check folder - kicked back his chair – and announced in a loud gruff voice while pounding both fists on the table in sync with each word: “Al      Pacino     is    done!”  . He stood up and briskly walked out.

I dropped off the check folder to the cashier. I didn’t want to think about the incident anymore. I didn’t even go five steps when I heard Cheryl say Geez, that’s a big tip for just pie and coffee – you want that now or later?He had left a hundred-dollar bill.

Edited by T-Bone
Thelonious Hyphen Bone is done !

Being curious about the local baker who claimed he made all those exquisite upside-down cakes at home ...

I decided to follow him and see where he lived.

I0NxmQb0sA%2BklOIPulc=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&

14 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Being curious about the local baker who claimed he made all those exquisite upside-down cakes at home ...

I decided to follow him and see where he lived.

I0NxmQb0sA%2BklOIPulc=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&

Do I light a match in the bathroom or the fireplace? . . . . I mean . . . do I pee out the chimney?

8 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Do I light a match in the bathroom or the fireplace? . . . . I mean . . . do I pee out the chimney?

I was wondering about the same thing…you should ask the baker – it’s his house

When I was working on my degree in architectural design one of my professors had an indirect way of belittling me in class. While gazing at my blueprints he’d say, “Hmmmm…I don’t know if this will work - some of you should really think about changing careers.”

I’d say, “Professor Maison is there a problem with my design?"

He’d just sigh and move on to the next student’s set of prints while saying “If the shoe fits wear it.”

I swore that one day I would show him. And one day I did. The CEO of RockRooster Footwear  hired me to design his home.

Shoehouse.jpg

7 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Hi Mr T-Bone!  This situation seemed clear to me, but I thought you'd like to wade in on it, water you think?

9a821415-56c2-4b90-b1b1-bb0ee450b09b-62b

Good afternoon Mr. Bolshevik, nice and pun-derful

Ok – now watch…nothing up my sleeve…my Ouija board is offline…shooting from the hip:

1.    The person read the thread about bad tap water and is now thinking of living off the grid

2.    Is that a peach in your pool? Better wash off the chlorine before you eat it.

3.    Consider using the L-shaped movement of the hooded-Knight to block the peachy pawn.

4.    Deleted scene from Innerspace movie: Dennis Quaid exits the miniaturized submersible pod, walks across the hernia repair membrane to retrieve the Kosher candy ball left by the surgeon. The music director wanted Aerosmith's  Walk This Way as the soundtrack

5.    Storyboard circa 1979/80 for pitching Pac-Man to game developers.

Edited by T-Bone
Edit This Way

44 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Those were good Dude!  I'm still working out the rules here.  Boundaries and whatnot.

6b01c80ab11c99d643ca762a258f394d.jpg

Bolshevik – I like that picture! That’s the spirit!

Rules…schmules…there ain’t no rules here…just don’t get political or  QAnon-esque.
My formula is I look for unusual pictures then I try to come up with the story behind the picture…Feel free to do what you want…I just start these things to amuse myself and I get tickled when someone else participates.

~ ~ ~ ~                       ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Nervous before my job interview… no one wanted to talk about the elephant on the couch

2fed5d66261629.5d3a654be0b96.jpg

Doctor: Mister Putter, I think you’re suffering from ingrammaria.

Patient: That’s ridiculous I've never heard of such a 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
a typo is kind of a