GreaseSpot Cafe

Being on-call and other misadventures

T-Bone

17 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Let me guess...looks like they're halfway through session one of PFAL Today.

Now for the Present Truth on yesterday's old wine skins from the First Century Today, everyone take out your laptops and scroll to John 10:10,  . . . "Ransomware commeth not but for to . . .

• Upvote 1

Actually T-Bone,  I was up all night with a sick kid.  No sleep.  Coffee . . . coffee . . . coffee. . .   THEN I had ANOTHER two hour workshop this morning on unconscious bias training . . S-E-E-D-S and whatnot . .   UNCONSCIOUS . . . training.

I personally, find this humourous.

Human Humerus Bone by PixelSquid360 on Envato Elements

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Actually T-Bone,  I was up all night with a sick kid.  No sleep.  Coffee . . . coffee . . . coffee. . .   THEN I had ANOTHER two hour workshop this morning on unconscious bias training . . S-E-E-D-S and whatnot . .   UNCONSCIOUS . . . training.

I personally, find this humourous.

Human Humerus Bone by PixelSquid360 on Envato Elements

Hope your kid gets to feeling better

unconscious bias training sounds interesting are you teaching or taking the class?

8 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Hope your kid gets to feeling better

unconscious bias training sounds interesting are you teaching or taking the class?

Nothing Oreo cookies can't solve.

I'm doing this unconsciously.  So I'm teaching by example.  Unpaid.  Step 1 in SEEDS is Similarity.  

In this Highlights Magazine, circle the differences in these two photos and then decide which one is WRONG.  

The 5 Depressing Lessons We Learned from Highlights Magazine | Cracked.com

Edited by Bolshevik
to and two are SIMILAR but WRONG

10 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

The second E is experience.

0514a93010f2b499890029e523e5de7f42ab0e.j

I love the vibe of this one!

I think I have a kinship with any lone wolf types…a demotivator poster came to mind: 

meetingsdemotivator_grande.jpeg?v=155432

years ago my wife found this website     despair website for demotivators posters     and we actually ordered little framed posters for a desktop of certain demotivators, and we took them to our jobs. 

On my desk was 
mistakesdemotivator_grande.jpeg?v=155432

Everyone in our tech shop got a kick out of it except for this one tech – he was a Christian and let everyone know that. Time frame was about 10 years after I left TWI and about 10 years before I joined Grease Spot. I was starting to get over the stigma of being in a harmful and controlling cult and was practicing how to unabashedly express my feelings and experiences.

Of course, this Christian guy had his eye on me as his next project to fix. Since his condescending manner reminded me of some of the elder-corps-jerks when I was in residence – I had no problem staying calm and not taking his "superior-ness" personally…Anyway that little poster of mistakes on my desk bugged the $hit out of him and he’d let me know it. He’d say “Do you really feel that’s the purpose of your life? To serve as a warning for others?” I told him I find it humorous and sobering at the same time – in the bigger picture of my life I see that it’s multi-purposed. One reason I share that I was in a pseudo-Christian cult is to warn others that are seeking answers to be careful where they look. 

Edited by T-Bone
I think my editor is demotivated
  • Upvote 1

Funny Church Bulletins and Announcement Mistakes and Bloopers

I let my kids know I don't want them to make the same mistakes as Dad.  Impress me and make new ones I hadn't thought of.

While unconscious bias is probably a thing . . . is that a thing that can be measured?  Identified correctly?  Trained out of?  Spread to the masses without consequences?  Reminds me of purge patrol and maybe something else.

The 1970s Witchcraft Trial and Other Oddities in Witch History

Edited by Bolshevik
same grammar mistakes over and over and over and . .
  • Like 1

Bolshevik - I love both of those...I take it the church sign is an honest mistake.

and I absolutely love the witch trial cartoon !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

The 1970s Witchcraft Trial and Other Oddities in Witch History

I think this cartoon ought to be in the dictionary next to the definition of  confirmation bias

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I think this cartoon ought to be in the dictionary next to the definition of  confirmation bias

https://childcareta.acf.hhs.gov/systemsbuilding/systems-guides/leadership/leading-ourselves/seeds-model

Confirmation bias seems to be part of the first "E" in "SEEDS".  That was was the Flash pic . . . the solution is to slow down. 

The real reason the tortoise beat the hare - The Globe and Mail

I fail to see the logic in their interpretation of alien tongues, Captain.  Our scanner indicate only noise.  Although punctuated by numerous lo shantas, there's nothing that indicates a pattern.

Can Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Avoid Rebooting Captain Kirk? | Den of  Geek

Dammit Jim,  I'm a doctor - not a theologian! 

...and  he's   not even  a  real   doctor.

QN6lYFoRcMArQEzwAgi4CQLn6s7K4=&risl=&pid

Edited by T-Bone
beam me up editor

Captain, even if I give the Betamax more power the students are still going to fall asleep!

more-power-scotty-627x376.png

Edited by T-Bone
Great Scott, have you heard of Great Ceasar's Ghost?

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I fail to see the logic in their interpretation of alien tongues, Captain.  Our scanner indicate only noise.  Although punctuated by numerous lo shantas, there's nothing that indicates a pattern.

Can Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Avoid Rebooting Captain Kirk? | Den of  Geek

Hey guys, wait a minute…I ran the signal through an Ovaltine Secret Decoder Ring that my great great exceedingly abundantly above typical greatness grandmother left me…hmmm... wait now...let me double check this…i  before  e  except  after  c ...zoom, zoom carry the 2…yeah…I’ll be doggone! It’s a distressing signal alright... and it repeats itself every 12th session…it says   " take PFAL again "

OIP.91Dw7XD_CMxMQm7riLJo_wHaFk?pid=ImgDe

Edited by T-Bone
to edit typos where they've never been edited before...live long and post

Jim, I’m telling you it’s that same stupid $hit  you had to deal with before…

only now they’re calling it    PFAL Today ...I guess "The Next Generation" was already taken...although they've never been averse to plagiarism.

7cf4bb40a46294bf735399b8445b3ce5.jpg?ito

Edited by T-Bone
Oh, Captain my Captain

Captain Picard I was wondering…since your Enterprise is so much bigger than our dinky ship – could we run a Public Ex on it? If you or any of your crew haven’t yet heard about our class you’re welcome to attend. 

Romulans_threaten_Enterprise.jpg&ehk=uxu

Seriously, Belle. What if we post short clips of us dancing on Tik Tok? Lumiere has an iPhone 13 Pro Max, he could video us. Who knows, we need some side gig since we don’t get diddly-squat from Disney royalties. 

beauty-and-the-beast_emma-watson-dancing

It was during one of their weekly fisticuffs that the old sailor had second thoughts about switching to kale. It had a much more earthy taste…but it also had 22 percent of the recommended dietary intake of vitamin C compared to spinach’s measly 9 percent. But he also knew it contained goitrogens which can interfere with thyroid function – and that can impact his metabolism and cause symptoms like fatigue…and right now he was really feeling worn out.

edd9d6a76d1df9498b2df23810cd4376.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
I yam what I yam and that's what I yam...I'm a freakin' yam!