GreaseSpot Cafe

Being on-call and other misadventures

T-Bone

• 2 weeks later...

In an alternate universe the inhabitants are devourer of worlds

In that beginning there was a nesting planet

And let there be a few layers to separate the chewy caramel center from the rest of the dirt and stuff

And so, a world was created that would melt in your mouth and not in your hand

There’s a little bit of continent or ocean in every bite

Whether in the wrapper or out of the wrapper I know not

Sweet-toothing just got easier

You can’t spell candy without the word ‘candy’

230124103823-earth-core-structure.jpg?c=

Ode to Galactic Gumby

Somewhere in the ludicrous quadrant

of what could only be described as a fourth of the tacky universe,

Gumby of the Claymation Civilization wrote a simple song:

I knew a feral pony by the name of Hokey Pokey

But an interplanetary plagiarist turned the song around.

Hokey Pokey became Mustang Sally in Star Date 1965

On terror-firma when hummus beans were afraid of gigundous cars.

AA16NNAM.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

23 and Me

I thought it was someone’s yearly journal…

…evidently, it’s got something to do with DNA testing, ancestry breakdown, personalized health insights and such…

...Who knew?

s-l500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Lady-horse-blinders-1-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-

Sometimes it's good to look at matters from another person's perspective.

Sometimes.

Love it Bolshevik!

That's what this thread needed - some fresh eyes on it :biglaugh:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Staying behind God's Hedgehog of Protection requires a Stayed Mind, A Mind Renewed to God's Word while your Steps are Ordered on the Straight and Narrow Path.  Similar to how some may focus on the Tube.

994809.jpg

10 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Thou wilt keep her perfectly fleeced, whose mind is Stayed on www.theway.org

4d39e3e4ccd1d5d77b0b0000?width=750&forma

The stayed mind can get you in trouble.

That’s why when it comes to religion and politics, I prefer my mind stay out of it.

Otherwise, I tend to give others a piece of my mind.

7c6f3f1e69a27d67f9fd6cb979226e70.jpg

8 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

The stayed mind can get you in trouble.

That’s why when it comes to religion and politics, I prefer my mind stay out of it.

Otherwise, I tend to give others a piece of my mind.

7c6f3f1e69a27d67f9fd6cb979226e70.jpg

Nice. 

I'm hoping to get a new amygdala. Was looking for a donor.

43 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Nice. 

I'm hoping to get a new amygdala. Was looking for a donor.

Interesting choice of brain parts if you don’t mind my saying so. The amygdala is responsible for many important functions that involve emotional responses, decision-making, and processing memory.

Not sure how I feel about that. I go back and forth on whether I should get rid of mine…but come to think of it - I may have done that already - just can’t remember where or when. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

Interesting choice of brain parts if you don’t mind my saying so. The amygdala is responsible for many important functions that involve emotional responses, decision-making, and processing memory.

Not sure how I feel about that. I go back and forth on whether I should get rid of mine…but come to think of it - I may have done that already - just can’t remember where or when. 

Right, paradoxes in other threads got me thinking about decision-making and sometimes we humans like choices to be black and white.  That takes maturity and sounds like effort.  So anyway, some humor:

existentialparadox.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Right, paradoxes in other threads got me thinking about decision-making and sometimes we humans like choices to be black and white.  That takes maturity and sounds like effort.  So anyway, some humor:

existentialparadox.jpg

I used to have this fuzzy notion that the ideal couple were made for each other…

frankenstein_dancehouse.png

…after 47 years of marriage I think I’ve demystified how marriage works. This isn’t the time and place for me to dispense words of wisdom on the married life – nor will there ever be a time and place for me since I have no words of wisdom on the married life.  :spy:    

I’m more suited for being in an ad for a licensed marriage and family therapist as another satisfied customer – since we have been to one a few times – to help us root out a lot of the erroneous teachings / practices of wierwille / The Way International – probably the last folks you’d ever want to seek counsel on relationships…

My only comment on having a long-term relationship is that it’s a lot of hard work and both sides will need to make some concessions…why am I posting this stuff in the humor forum? ...well... ...I don’t take myself seriously most of the time   :wink2:  – and I find there’s a lot of funny stuff about relationships anyway - as a wannabe comedic writer, that is a target-rich environment :biglaugh:

Bolshevik, I loved your posts   here  and    here   on another thread  where you talked about boundaries being agreed upon implicitly or explicitly…and that by-products of each other’s internal dialog may have something to do with how we validate and acknowledge others (I’m thinking maybe it’s by me sensing the other person holds some similar values), and your great one-liners “If you love anything or anyone you don't do whatever you want.  You do what's best for them.  And I think self respect is involved”.

Edited by T-Bone
How I Edited by Dr. Frankenstein

On 2/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, T-Bone said:

I used to have this fuzzy notion that the ideal couple were made for each other…

frankenstein_dancehouse.png

…after 47 years of marriage I think I’ve demystified how marriage works. This isn’t the time and place for me to dispense words of wisdom on the married life – nor will there ever be a time and place for me since I have no words of wisdom on the married life.  :spy:    

I’m more suited for being in an ad for a licensed marriage and family therapist as another satisfied customer – since we have been to one a few times – to help us root out a lot of the erroneous teachings / practices of wierwille / The Way International – probably the last folks you’d ever want to seek counsel on relationships…

My only comment on having a long-term relationship is that it’s a lot of hard work and both sides will need to make some concessions…why am I posting this stuff in the humor forum? ...well... ...I don’t take myself seriously most of the time   :wink2:  – and I find there’s a lot of funny stuff about relationships anyway - as a wannabe comedic writer, that is a target-rich environment :biglaugh:

Bolshevik, I loved your posts   here  and    here   on another thread  where you talked about boundaries being agreed upon implicitly or explicitly…and that by-products of each other’s internal dialog may have something to do with how we validate and acknowledge others (I’m thinking maybe it’s by me sensing the other person holds some similar values), and your great one-liners “If you love anything or anyone you don't do whatever you want.  You do what's best for them.  And I think self respect is involved”.

. . . I haven't known myself for 47 years . . yet

…after 47 years of marriage I think I’ve demystified how marriage works.

. . . One hard lesson might be is not to try to understand all of it.  If you touch a bubble it pops.  Smell the flowers don't pick them.  

Or demystifying things isn't always to everyone's advantage.

EhR2ufiVPPqlubNJmFEJ_j0wEf24An9UgpQ_OkPb