GreaseSpot Cafe

Being on-call and other misadventures

T-Bone

6 hours ago, oldiesman said:

Ahh, Anne Francis was so gorgeous.

I’ll say !!!!!

I think I was probably about seven years old when I saw Forbidden Planet for the first time …and that’s when I fell in love with sci-fi…and Anne Francis…I also remember her on TV as  Honey West.

Edited by T-Bone
got mixed up on Connie Francis and Anne Francis...my bad.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

THIS . . . is dedication . . . 

Leslie Nielsen Gravestone

Thanks for posting that, Bolshevik…and of course I had to look up why “let ‘er rip” was on his tombstone…did some online digging and found this:

It was a sad day last year when Airplane and Naked Gun mastermind Leslie Nielsen passed away on November 28, 2010, but as a final gesture to his silly attitude towards life and his love for fart jokes it looks like he left us one last reminder of his love for life.

On Nielsen's tombstone which was recently revealed he had the words "Let 'er Rip" etched for everyone to see.

Nielsen when on the set of his movies and even when off the set loved to tell fart jokes and use whoopee cushions as much as possible so it seems just right that he would leave this world with one last permanent fart joke.

But let's be honest, his tombstone isn't just about a final fart joke, but rather a statement to have fun with life and to not let it hold you down...actually it's probably just a final fart joke, just the way Nielsen wanted it.
From: Inquisitr: Leslie Nielsen Had Fart Joke Etched Into His Tombstone

And here’s another thread tie-in…Leslie Nielsen was also in the film Forbidden Planet…small universe isn’t it.

c9c6b00b01b79ad096116958b96c6fbc.jpg&ehk

Another Leslie Nielsen “connection” is that I always thought his face reminded me a lot of my father-in-law…and Tonto agrees…and of further interest is that she likes fart jokes too…coincidence? Or another manifestation of cosmic consciousness?

5 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Thanks for posting that, Bolshevik…and of course I had to look up why “let ‘er rip” was on his tombstone…did some online digging and found this:

It was a sad day last year when Airplane and Naked Gun mastermind Leslie Nielsen passed away on November 28, 2010, but as a final gesture to his silly attitude towards life and his love for fart jokes it looks like he left us one last reminder of his love for life.

On Nielsen's tombstone which was recently revealed he had the words "Let 'er Rip" etched for everyone to see.

Nielsen when on the set of his movies and even when off the set loved to tell fart jokes and use whoopee cushions as much as possible so it seems just right that he would leave this world with one last permanent fart joke.

But let's be honest, his tombstone isn't just about a final fart joke, but rather a statement to have fun with life and to not let it hold you down...actually it's probably just a final fart joke, just the way Nielsen wanted it.
From: Inquisitr: Leslie Nielsen Had Fart Joke Etched Into His Tombstone

And here’s another thread tie-in…Leslie Nielsen was also in the film Forbidden Planet…small universe isn’t it.

c9c6b00b01b79ad096116958b96c6fbc.jpg&ehk

Another Leslie Nielsen “connection” is that I always thought his face reminded me a lot of my father-in-law…and Tonto agrees…and of further interest is that she likes fart jokes too…coincidence? Or another manifestation of cosmic consciousness?

I had no idea he passed.  What a bummer.  Sounds like he had a good time.

For some reason, I used to have a DVD of this movie, and the following scene is etched in my memory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Creature_Wasn't_Nice

On 7/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, Bolshevik said:

I had no idea he passed.  What a bummer.  Sounds like he had a good time.

For some reason, I used to have a DVD of this movie, and the following scene is etched in my memory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Creature_Wasn't_Nice

That’s odd – you posted a picture of his tombstone.    :biglaugh:

Which reminds me of a riddle:

What is this thing?

The person who makes it doesn’t want it.

The person who buys it doesn’t need it.

The person using it doesn’t know it.

Answer: a coffin

~ ~ ~ ~

I watched that clip of The Creature Wasn’t Nice – and think I’ll pass on watching the whole movie.:rolleyes:

Hello. We’re with the Any Old Way Ministry,

and in no particular order we haphazardly read stuff out of the Bible.

Mind if we come in and share the greatness of aimless. 

OIP.ohbD-2gfFhKLa1lp1EYDWwHaD4?pid=ImgDe

All month you’ve been saying how you've been believing to have the money for the class.
Now you’re saying you’re overdue on paying rent.
Does your landlord even know how important this class is?

cfb201b9c64b38d16d1b73b8ec3c3523.jpg

I think you’re mistaken my good fellow.

Watson and I are way corps six…and you haven’t even taken the Advanced Class yet…

...so no – we don’t have to chip in for class refreshments.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCNACELwBSFryq4

Hangus Frank and his lab partner Bheire Stein were attending the University of Ingolstadt in Bavaria. The professor said to set up a project to study and describe the properties of quantum mechanics – but they thought he said wampum mechanics. They worked for months on end traveling to coastal towns of the Netherlands collecting beautiful seashells and hand fashioning them into beads for use as both currency and jewelry. Of course, on the first day of project reviews they were expelled immediately from the university, all because of a simple misunderstanding of a lab assignment. 

Not to be undone by this critical rejection, they had the presence of mind to use the wampum from their project for tuition to a degree-mill-institute and were soon awarded - sight unseen and no questions asked - the title of doctor.

Doctors Frank and Stein were now convinced that this wampum thing was an untapped resource. Doctor Stein had a hunch that shoes made from wampum could walk on water. The shoes were huge and looked like flatboat barges – which further helped to suggest the idea of floating on water…and now you know the rest of the story.

creating+a+monster.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
My editor exclaimed "it's alive!"

Curious to see if the cook’s claim of having a cast iron butt was true,

Commander Adams had Chief Quinn activate the ginormous electromagnet

7e1e43aaf7c61b4a79e4f4370986b505.jpg

Even though it never failed to put a smile on the faces of the crew whenever Robby punched up the 1969 tune Space Cowboy on the United Planets Starship C-57D   8-Track-Tape-Player, the commander and his new girlfriend always seemed unfazed.

3e7eff41622aaa46a10c2897eeb01d93--sci-fi

Not satisfied with just being known as the first woman to walk on the Moon,

Betty wanted to be known as the first woman to wear a formfitting skirt and block heel pumps with buckle to assemble the Lego Lunar Research Base on the Moon. 

21802443c10ac4e036fedc84dd27f6c8.jpg

The Mark 1 is often said to be the first Iron Man suit created and built by Tony Stark. 
For some reason the Mark 0 is rarely mentioned.

78f95e0cfc5e125586fd29994c1a7fef.jpg