GreaseSpot Cafe

Raisin Brand According To The Word

"As parents, it is our responsibility to teach, or rub in by repetition."

This is NOT what it means to teach. This is NOT how (H-O-W) to teach. This error is so obvious, depraved and sinister, it is vomitous. And they aren't even trying to hide it.

This is NOT teaching. This is brainwashing, programming.

This is darkness.

A22C26EC-5AE5-4E1D-AADD-59E5761EE04E.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It has occurred to me this is child abuse. As a parent, I can't unsee the horror of this.

. . .

It was circa 2002/2003 when a memo went out at HQ concerning the discontinued standard of the wooden spoon.

Scripture interprets itself, so a child's understanding of when their believing is off shouldn't need to be repeated, unless it is.

My son's mother used to carry a wooden spoon in her purse, no doubt encouraged by her family who were strict vpw adherents (they left in '86).

Obviously, child abuse is not limited to physical abuse. As you know, the narc doesn't need to lift a finger to reek devastating abuse and trauma on his target.

"Rubbing in by repetition" is how children are raised, taught and indoctrinated in North Korea. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr

18 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Scripture interprets itself, so a child's understanding of when their believing is off shouldn't need to be repeated, unless it is.

It's important to remember that off believing is an early sign of stopped believing. Stopped believing, or dying, is caused by fatigue, obviously. Rubbing children can keep them awake, or at least massaged, while mail order MOGs are holding forth. 

On 6/15/2022 at 10:49 AM, Nathan_Jr said:

"As parents, it is our responsibility to teach, or rub in by repetition."

This is NOT what it means to teach. This is NOT how (H-O-W) to teach. This error is so obvious, depraved and sinister, it is vomitous. And they aren't even trying to hide it.

This is NOT teaching. This is brainwashing, programming.

This is darkness.

A22C26EC-5AE5-4E1D-AADD-59E5761EE04E.jpeg

It is possible the term rub in by repetition is not understood in its correct usage here?

While raising my daughter, when someone did something for her, or complemented her, I had to remind her many, many times to say thank you. I did this by ‘rub in by repetition.’ She was also required to clean her bedroom before she went to bed each night. Again, I had to remind her of the responsibility, many many times through the years. I had to ‘rub in by repetition’ the same instruction for a long time.

I did not abuse her physically, mentally, or emotionally, by teaching her over and over, to perform what was expected her to do. 

4 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

It is possible the term rub in by repetition is not understood in its correct usage here?

While raising my daughter, when someone did something for her, or complemented her, I had to remind her many, many times to say thank you. I did this by ‘rub in by repetition.’ She was also required to clean her bedroom before she went to bed each night. Again, I had to remind her of the responsibility, many many times through the years. I had to ‘rub in by repetition’ the same instruction for a long time.

I did not abuse her physically, mentally, or emotionally, by teaching her over and over, to perform what was expected her to do. 

Yes, repeating yourself is part of being a parent.

No, this is not misunderstood.  This about obedience to The Word.  The slides are very clear on that.  And The Word means The Way International.

Nowhere is their room for change between generations.  This is about arresting development, inhibiting growth, for the purpose of control.  The parent and child are not family.  The cult is family.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

No, this is not misunderstood.  This about obedience to The Word.  The slides are very clear on that.  And The Word means The Way International.

Nowhere is their room for change between generations.  This is about arresting development, inhibiting growth, for the purpose of control.  The parent and child are not family.  The cult is family.

Thanks Bolshevik. Well said. The usage is determined by the context of the propaganda.

Reminding one's child of appropriate behavior like cleaning their room or using good manners is not what I'm pointing to, nor is it what the text of the slide is talking about. I have to remind my son all the time, repetitively, not to beleeeve everything he sees or hears. I'm not forcing Soma down his throat by reminding him of this.

To dull a sharp object one must rub it with pressure repetitively. The propaganda here is about the dulling of one's sensitivity, perception, awareness, critical thinking, ability to learn, ability to love. It's about memory by rote. It's about programming children to be zombies of the cult. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Soma makes Jack a dull boy. All cults LOVE to teach.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Every religion teaches parents to instruct their children in their beliefs. Why? So the children will continue their belief’s in the future.
TWI is not the only religion who instructs  parents to teach their doctrine to their cildren. If you go to a Catholic church they do not finish their teaching, and then say, “oh by the way, here is a 30 minute dialog about what the Baptist believe, and the Morman’s think this way, and the Methodist’s go this direction.” “Next week we’ll have a round robin and have the Quackers, Churrch of Christ, Seventh Day Adventists, and Church of Satan tells us what they believe.” 
TWI has it’s problems, but you make it sound like if TWI was gone, the problems of the world would be solved. 

3 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Every religion teaches parents to instruct their children in their beliefs. Why? So the children will continue their belief’s in the future.
TWI is not the only religion who instructs  parents to teach their doctrine to their cildren. If you go to a Catholic church they do not finish their teaching, and then say, “oh by the way, here is a 30 minute dialog about what the Baptist believe, and the Morman’s think this way, and the Methodist’s go this direction.” “Next week we’ll have a round robin and have the Quackers, Churrch of Christ, Seventh Day Adventists, and Church of Satan tells us what they believe.” 
TWI has it’s problems, but you make it sound like if TWI was gone, the problems of the world would be solved. 

I'm not suggesting, implying, stating, insinuating, dictating, commanding, ordering, subtextuly sliding in, or sounding like that if TWI were gone the problems of the world would be gone.  That's absurd, idiotic, stupid, moronic, dumb, or as LCM would say, malarkey, which is Aramaic for bologna.  

The cult is a product of disease and abuse.  And it manifests and occurs where it does.

You're opening sentence paragraph is, and I mean it, an interesting thought, which seems loaded, and a thread unto itself.

1 hour ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Not sure if every religion instructs their children in the same way destructive cults like TWI do, but every cult certainly does rub in by repetition in some form.

Is that what I made it sound like or is that what you wanted to hear? I want to be clear, so, please know: I am an equal opportunity critic when it comes to ideology like religious dogmatism. I don't discriminate. But abusive cults like TWI have earned my extra special criticism and disdain. 

*Stayed -- I just realized your post was a response to Bolshevik, not to me. But I'm still ok with this post - what it means, says, in the context, etc. Which is to say, I hope my post will interpret itself like scripture.*

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Teach your children how to spot charlatans

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I'm not suggesting, implying, stating, insinuating, dictating, commanding, ordering, subtextuly sliding in, or sounding like that if TWI were gone the problems of the world would be gone.  That's absurd, idiotic, stupid, moronic, dumb, or as LCM would say, malarkey, which is Aramaic for bologna.  

The cult is a product of disease and abuse.  And it manifests and occurs where it does.

You're opening sentence paragraph is, and I mean it, an interesting thought, which seems loaded, and a thread unto itself.

You certainly addressed the last sentence of my post, but  completely ignored the previous ones, explaining how all religions indoctrinate their followers so they remain in their group. 

12 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

You certainly addressed the last sentence of my post, but  completely ignored the previous ones, explaining how all religions indoctrinate their followers so they remain in their group. 

I could cross out religion in your sentence and put culture, language, nation, tribe and probability a lot of others words, words that describe things.

I could cross out beliefs too.

This thread is specific to The Way.

I can tell you that there is no transition from childhood to adulthood in The Way.  The goalposts were repeatedly moved.  There was an effort to extend childhood.  They just kept changes their minds about when Ephesians 6:1 did not apply, 18? 21? 30? 50?  Marriage was one way out.

How is that a functioning anything?

21 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

certain type of thinking. 

Well, it certainly is NOT critical thinking or analysis. But it does seem to reflect magical thinking.

As if God's going to automatically supply everything a parent needs. Which leaves room only for blaming a lack of believing when it doesn't happen. That, IMO, is complete horsespit.

More appropriately, parents have responsibility to care for a child or children. I was so damn naive when I was in twi.

Edited by Rocky

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

More appropriately, parents have responsibility to care for a child or children. I was so damn naive when I was in twi.

As far as a parent leading a child in the way s/he should go, it now occurs to me that may reasonably really mean by setting a powerful example of what it is and what it takes to love one another.

Authoritarian domination of children is evil... hopefully a child so subjected can grow into being a person who loves God and others genuinely.

• Upvote 1