GreaseSpot Cafe

Married and tired.

Tiredgirl

Hi. I’m Tiredgirl. I was in TWI for many hears until I just couldn’t stomach it anymore. My spouse says they are a christan. But is angry all the time. This contributed to me realizing that his belief system, IE doctrine is not real, so how could mine be. It’s not much of a relationship. Therefore I am tired

Welcome to Grease Spot, Tiredgirl !

There’s a lot of folks here that can relate to that, myself included. I was in TWI for 12 years – and at my corps assignment when in ’86 all the craziness of the Patriarch paper aftermath frustrated the hell out of me. Since then, my wife and I got back into our careers. One of my hobbies is unraveling the toxic doctrines of that pseudo-Christian organization. I joined Grease Spot Café in 2006. Great bunch of folks here with a wide variety of belief systems. It’s not as busy here as it used to be.

I think it’s really challenging to maintain healthy relationships in TWI – just because of the demands of the ministry…the more involved you get – the more you’re guilted into believing the ministry’s agenda is the most important thing…I married my WOW sister and we’ve been together now 46 years. I don’t dispense words of wisdom for couples – I ain’t got none. But I will say this since we left TWI in ’86 we don’t fight over me putting the ministry first. We have “normal couple” fights. Like the other day…we’re both retired and she was getting on my nerves and I was getting on hers…we realized our individual “me” time was out of sync. I was wanting to read a book with headphones on and she wanted to talk about our upcoming fence replacement project. The contractor starts tomorrow…it’s a lot easier to straighten out little things like that than worrying about how to pay a bill cuz we came up short – we used to faithfully abundantly share 15% of our income…geez we were such suckers.

Please stick around – check out other threads in About the Way, open, doctrinal or whatever hits your fancy. The search feature at the top right of this web page is pretty useful too. Of course you can yak more here with other Grease Spotters – share whatever you feel comfortable sharing…and be smart about – remember the Internet is watching. Ooooooooohhhh that’s really scary. :biglaugh:

6 hours ago, Tiredgirl said:

Hi. I’m Tiredgirl. I was in TWI for many hears until I just couldn’t stomach it anymore. My spouse says they are a christan. But is angry all the time. This contributed to me realizing that his belief system, IE doctrine is not real, so how could mine be. It’s not much of a relationship. Therefore I am tired

What are you hoping to achieve or learn here at GSC? Is your relationship stressful for you? Your spouse is your husband? He says he's Christian? Do either you or he attend fellowships? Do you have children? If so, how are they doing?

Hi.

1)  Please remember not to get TOO specific in your posts.  "I live in Billings, MT and have 3 children, ages...."   Twi used to have people who read every single post here and tried to figure out who was posting who was still in twi and who they were.  (We called those readers "the WayGB.")   If you have something specific to say while you are in twi, you'll probably want to send a private message with it, not a public one.  

2) You're welcome here, whether you're still in twi or not.  You opinions and positions don't have to be a certain way, either.  We've had posters who agreed with vpw or twi, posters who hated them,  Christians of considerable variety, non-Christian posters of different religions, and agnostics and atheists.  They're all welcome, as long as they behave themselves.  (Not surprisingly, the ones who trumpet how fantastic vpw- the plagiarizing rapist- was, tend to be the rudest to everyone.)

3) There's been hundreds to thousands of threads, with hundreds of thousands of posts. We've covered a lot of ground in discussions, often with multiple threads discussing the same subject, if from different perspectives.  You're welcome to read any and all of them.  You're welcome to post.  You're welcome to start new threads.  And we have some threads with games on them if you'd just like to relax.  They're in the "Movies, Music, Books, Art" forum.   Read the first post of such a thread and the first page to get an idea of how they work before joining a game, please, each game has posted rules.  (They're also on the honor system, and we trust each other not to cheat.)  

4) Please enjoy your stay here.

10 hours ago, Tiredgirl said:

"Christian" was pointed out to be a derogatory term at one time in TWI.

The Way is centered around the thinking of one twisted individual, therefore the "rules to life" are very restricting, and these maladaptive habits create a lot of internal friction, since control has been handed over to the organization.  Thus anger.  

I advise the acquisition of a potato cannon immediately.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:56 AM, Tiredgirl said:

Hi Tiredgirl.  Others might offer you coffee and cake on the house.

I just want to send you a hug.  image.png

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, LoriAlberts said:

When I was with TWI in 1978-1983 the tithe was 10%.  Did LCM raise it?  And where in the Bible does it even say an percentage?  It only says God loves a cheerful giver

You had to start by tithing - giving 10% - because if you didn't, God wouldn't even spit in your direction.  Later, you had to give of your abundance - 15%.  Never mind that some could barely afford to tithe - and "giving of their abundance" caused big financial problems - even to the point of putting people into debt (gasp!). 

TWI liked tithes, money, anything  God says [Amp]: “Woe to you, [self-righteous] scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you give a tenth (tithe) of your mint and dill and cumin [focusing on minor matters], and have neglected the weightier [more important moral and spiritual] provisions of the Law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the [primary] things you ought to have done without neglecting the others.

Well actually, can we say that TWI neglected the more important matters?  Did it even know of them, to neglect them?

Tiredgirl seems to have made only the one post.  Hope things are working out for her, somehow.

• 4 months later...

quote: 

You sound like there's something unresolved between you and your husband. Maybe if that's true you should wait to see how it plays out.

1 hour ago, johniam said:

You sound like there's something unresolved between you and your husband. Maybe if that's true you should wait to see how it plays out.

Unresolved? No. You miss the mark. Again.

It sounds like abuse. It sounds like she has been letting it play out for years. It sounds like she has let it play out long enough. Hence, her fatigue.

l can make inferences about her relationship, because what she describes sounds just like my experience. She can't change him. He has to wake up on his own. I hope she has a support system outside of her marriage and the cult. I hope she has the courage to stand up, declare her freedom, and begin the healing process.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:05 PM, LoriAlberts said:

When I was with TWI in 1978-1983 the tithe was 10%.  Did LCM raise it?  And where in the Bible does it even say an percentage?  It only says God loves a cheerful giver

I believe TWI got the tithing doctrine completely wrong, so I wouldn't spend time getting headaches over it.   The key to prosperity is not tithing, it's a bunch of other things including WORK.    I did research on this topic and addressed it with them personally, and the answer was "we should tithe to the ministry that represents God."   And we know they meant TWI, but, they couldn't answer definitively if it worked inside another religious group, but if it did, it was less effective.    And it didn't work for me, so as greasespotters say, it was a bunch of "bull shonta"  from the "Bull dangta" text.   :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

quote: 

Unresolved? No. You miss the mark. Again.

It sounds like abuse. It sounds like she has been letting it play out for years. It sounds like she has let it play out long enough. Hence, her fatigue.

l can make inferences about her relationship, because what she describes sounds just like my experience. She can't change him. He has to wake up on his own. I hope she has a support system outside of her marriage and the cult. I hope she has the courage to stand up, declare her freedom, and begin the healing process.

Miss the mark? Cute.

Everything sounds like abuse to you. Do you actually know her? This post comes across to me like she'd been coming on here possibly without her husband knowing and finally decided to post and then had second thoughts. She says she's tired, but also sounds really frustrated.

43 minutes ago, johniam said:

Miss the mark? Cute.

Hey, I didn't write the book.

Everything sounds like abuse to you.

EVERYTHING? Is that everything without exception or everything without distinction. The context of this website is abuse survival and healing. 

Do you actually know her?

No. Do you?

This post comes across to me like she'd been coming on here possibly without her husband knowing and finally decided to post and then had second thoughts. She says she's tired, but also sounds really frustrated.

I rest my case.