GreaseSpot Cafe

Stop focusing on imperfections and move on with your lives.

WordWolf

People, people!

John Wayne Gacy was a pillar of his community, and a member of the Jaycees.  He went to children's hospitals dressed up as Pogo the clown and entertained children. This was obviously a man who benefited people in society and helped change their lives for the better.

Why, then,

do people insist on focusing on the 33 people he murdered, rather than on the hundreds or thousands of lives he elevated?   Is it an insistence on dwelling on evil that motivates them?  They could just forget about his imperfections- after all, none of us are perfect.   In Gacy's case, they were so fixated on his little slips that he was sentenced to death by lethal injection. As Christians, shouldn't we have just forgiven him and let him go his merry way?  Think of all the other people whose lives will never be cheered by Pogo the clown!  

Surely there's something wrong with us if we can't just forgive someone for his little slips.  After all, it's been some years, and Gacy's moments of oops are still being discussed.  Aren't we supposed to forget and stop talking about them? 

And, if you were related to any of those 33 people, this still applies to you. An unhealthy obsession with Gacy's flaws doesn't reflect well on you.  Surely God would want you to turn the other cheek, put it entirely behind you, get on with your life, and never mention it again.

https://www.biography.com/crime-figure/john-wayne-gacy

Great point, WordWolf.

I think if JWG would have lived long enough, he would have rejected the Trinity and that would have blessed him. At least, that's what my music coordinator said. And even though I don't know what that even means, I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

4 hours ago, waysider said:

Excuse me, did someone lose this?...../s

Aha! There it is! It must have slipped out of my oily fingers. You know. From the anointing.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
The seventh TMOG is something to enjoy while you can
  • Like 1

Bernie Madoff gave $millions to philanthropic endeavors, but all anyone wants to focus on are the lies and the defrauding of thousands out of $billions.

Harvey Weinstein produced Pulp Fiction, True Romance and Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead, but all anyone wants to focus on is the raping.

Michael Jackson made Thriller. THRILLER.  But all anyone wants to focus on is the child f#cking.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
I never heard it before, and I don't understand it, so I will enjoy it while believing it.
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Raf said:

While we're at it, why do we always concentrate on the people Jeffrey Dahmer ate.

He met SO MANY people he DIDN'T eat. What about them?

thanks for the laugh Raf 

Methamphetamine creates a euphoria . . . good old days . . . Why get all focused on what might happen later?  Let them feel the dopamine.  Why the buzzkill?

The idealization phase of a person is part of an addiction.