GreaseSpot Cafe

Who were the supposed 7 "THE Man of God"s?

WordWolf

"VPW is DEAD! 37 yrs and counting.

I believe he had a one of a kind ministry. Back in 1980 or so, the coordinator of the music group I was in said that VP was the 7th "THE man of God" and that this was very significant. I never heard that same message from anybody else and I'm not sure what it even means, but I do believe that VPs combination of gift ministries was unique, not cookie cutter. Nobody has duplicated the respect and impact he got from his people."

Ok, leaving aside the usual delusions about how vpw motivated "his" people, and how he used showmanship to INSINUATE he was getting Revelation all the time, and plagiarized his way through other people's writings and conspiracy theory hotlines and make it sound like he was getting that all by Revelation,  and his rephrasing of the definitions of all the "gift ministries" so that he could INSINUATE he had them all when he had none of them,  leaving those aside......

What's this business about "vpw was the 7th THE man of God"?    Who, supposedly, were the other 6, and what did this reference even mean?

Someone once claimed that exactly 3 people in history ever faced the devil directly-  Jesus Christ, Paul and vpw.   Where does this stuff even COME FROM?

No, seriously, I'm asking because I want to know.   Anybody?

• Upvote 2

No telling what was meant by the "seven."

If I recall correctly, only Moses was called "the man of God" in the Bible.  There was an unnamed prophet in the Book of Kings (I think) also referred to as "the man of God."  Paul refers to Timothy as "thou man of God."  Notably, Jesus is not given THAT title anywhere. (He has to make do with about thirty other ones...)

George

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"VPW is DEAD! 37 yrs and counting.

I believe he had a one of a kind ministry. Back in 1980 or so, the coordinator of the music group I was in said that VP was the 7th "THE man of God" and that this was very significant. I never heard that same message from anybody else and I'm not sure what it even means, but I do believe that VPs combination of gift ministries was unique, not cookie cutter. Nobody has duplicated the respect and impact he got from his people."

Ok, leaving aside the usual delusions about how vpw motivated "his" people, and how he used showmanship to INSINUATE he was getting Revelation all the time, and plagiarized his way through other people's writings and conspiracy theory hotlines and make it sound like he was getting that all by Revelation,  and his rephrasing of the definitions of all the "gift ministries" so that he could INSINUATE he had them all when he had none of them,  leaving those aside......

What's this business about "vpw was the 7th THE man of God"?    Who, supposedly, were the other 6, and what did this reference even mean?

Someone once claimed that exactly 3 people in history ever faced the devil directly-  Jesus Christ, Paul and vpw.   Where does this stuff even COME FROM?

No, seriously, I'm asking because I want to know.   Anybody?

I tried Googling “7 men of God” and other variations – didn’t find anything significant. Most of the finds were Christian studies that listed notable men of God in the Bible.

Personally, I think that idea (see original post mentioning this idea here >    post on Trinity: asset or liability?   :confused:  ) is a typical method used by a lot of conspiracy theorists and those who like to spread misinformation/disinformation/conspiracy theories

one can even make it sound like they’re just echoing what they’ve  HEARD  from others – even though they might be the ORIGINATOR. That way it lets the originator off the hook since it appears that they did not start it. 

For example: “I’ve heard from some guy who was in the 2nd corps that VP was a consultant to several governments that had programs studying  UFOs. VP’s expertise was in aviator devil spirits.” I just made that up now. I referenced that I HEARD IT FROM a supposedly reputable source – someone who was in the 2nd way corps. 

It's probably one of the most used misinformation/disinformation tactics out there on social media. The person is NOT saying “in my opinion…  ,or  “I looked into the issue and found this out…” or “I know for a fact…” it sounds innocent and innocuous to say “hey, I just   HEARD   that from someone”. the first three rules of working at the Rumor Mill is to

1. obfuscate

2. obfuscate some more

3. review your work and make sure you've obfuscated properly

~ ~ ~ ~ 

For extra credit Grease Spotters can check out these links:
Very Well Mind: why people believe in conspiracies?

Psych Central: why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?

Psychology Today: why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

10 reasons why people believe in conspiracy theories

Psychology Today: Why People Ignore Facts - When it comes to reasoning, identity trumps truth

Why do humans ignore facts and embrace myths as truth?

Quora: why do people willfully and purposely ignore facts?

Quora: Why do so many people ignore facts and stand so strong to their opinion-based views?

Edited by T-Bone
edited by Obfuscator-in-Chief

Reading between the lines:

1. The person making the statement is only mentioning one by name, VPW, thus, downgrading the significance of the other six.

2. The person is making a point to award him the number7, which, according to TWI theology, signified perfection.

Hence, VPW was the most important and perfect of all Men of God.

:doh:

(Jesus has entered the chat.)

Edited by waysider

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The apologist's belief: VPW had a one of a kind ministry.

The reasons why (W-H-Y) the apologist clings to the belief:

• The music coordinator said VP was the 7th "The man of God." (Authority)
  • The message of VP's slot in the lineage is unique, previous never heard by the apologist. (Non sequitur)
  • The meaning of this message is unknown to the apologist. (Non sequitur)

Well, there you have it. The apologist's epistemology: Authority plus two Non Sequiturs equals the fixation of belief by Tenacity. (The weakest reason to believe anything.) The music coordinator said something, I don't understand it, therefore I believe it, that settles it  The fruit salad of a dull mind - a mind dulled by "rubbing in by repetition."

As for the other six The Men of God?  Moses, some guy in Kings (thanks Oldies), Timothy, Carl, Jasper and Scott.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
The music coordinator isn't wearing gloves

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

402EE6D2-46C9-425F-8726-7EA24B8FC9A5.jpeg

I wish I could like this 7 x 70!!  I had to  look up Barbara Brown Taylor. She's an Episcopal priest.  Wow.  Didn't expect that.

The one who claims to have the truth is surely the one who does not.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Research does NOT mean search again.

10 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

As for the other six The Men of God?  Moses, some guy in Kings (thanks Oldies), Timothy, Carl, Jasper and Scott.

Have you ever noticed they never mention Skippy?

Looks a bit suspicious to me.

39 minutes ago, waysider said:

Reading between the lines:

1. The person making the statement is only mentioning one by name, VPW, thus, downgrading the significance of the other six.

2. The person is making a point to award him the number7, which, according to TWI theology, signified perfection.

Hence, VPW was the most important and perfect of all Men of God.

:doh:

(Jesus has entered the chat.)

The seventh and FINAL. The eschaton is near.

38 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Speaking of kings – we could get into a subset of the 3 kings – aka the 3 wise men…wierwille would probably fit in better with these 3 wise guys:

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The source of this is imagination from a mind transformed through the "rubbing in by repetition." A mind of an apologist walking by the spirit of delusion, clutching desperately to the blinding bull$hit. A mind of an apologist fervent in his rejection of the freedom required to know that which is eternal, Truth, Love.

Or, to provide a very loose, free interpretation literally according to usage: it comes from the devil himself. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
I never heard that before, it's unique and incomprehensible, that settles it, I believe it.
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Back in 1980 or so, the coordinator of the music group I was in said that VP was the 7th "THE man of God" and that this was very significant

If we could find our who this music coordinator is, we could ask him directly.

I suspect this coordinator of music groups is the funniest man of all time. A real clever fellow. An entertainer. It's worth finding out if he has a podcast or YouTube channel. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Get that music coordinator some gloves, please. And MAKE 'em fit.

54 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I read somewhere VPW could stop the Russians.

You read the accuracy like it has never been read before. He stopped the Russians once by beleeeving. Imagine what VPW could do if he didn't get so tired that he stopped beleeeving. Well, he could stop them again, that's what.

He was the seventh, after all. After Scott, precisely. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Believing implies obedience.

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

You read the accuracy like it has never been read before. He stopped the Russians once by beleeeving. Imagine what VPW could do if he didn't get so tired that he stopped beleeeving. Well, he could stop them again, that's what.

He was the seventh, after all. After Scott, precisely. 

See the grass, all the grass, not just 1 acre of grass, all the grass, had to be cut to the same height.

If you're cutting one end of the property, is the other end growing?

Cause if the grass is uneven that's a spiritual loss to the Adversary.

So while cutting one must stop the growth.  If it's not growing it's dying, or not belieivng.  I imagine believing to stop believing of others is exhausting.

13 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Cause that would make 4 people. 

Four trees. The people were trees. Axiomatically, the trees were people.

The number 4 is significant because of 18th century French tombstones. "The earth is flat," said a man who wrote a pamphlet called "Also."

Gosh, all this beleeeving IS, indeed, exhausting. I hope it's not deadly.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves for the coordinator of music

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I read somewhere VPW could stop the Russians.

I heard about a séance back in February where a medium who also runs a Twig in New Knoxville had contacted a certain dearly departed cult-leader. During the séance the TWItch of New Knox – who, incidentally, was marked and avoided by the tabloids, said she heard a disembodied voice say “Lo Shonta my Shonta. If only seven Ukrainians would have taken the class, God would have changed all the international laws recognized by other countries , in a quid pro quo and a do-si-do with the devil in the motorcoach.”   :dance:     :dance:

Here's a fun fact from Wikipedia - a   séance    or seance (/ˈseɪ.ɑːns/; French: [seɑ̃s]) is an attempt to communicate with spirits. The word séance comes from the French word for "session", from the Old French seoir, "to sit". ...In session 12 of PFAL students are told to stand and SIT....Coincidence? I don’t think so. 

News update: in a related story - the TWItch of New Knox  drafted a Twig-resolution to make the King James Version of the Bible as interpreted by The Word-Daddy the only rule for faith and practice. Several protestors stood outside TWItch’s home with signs that read “My Bible My choice

Edited by T-Bone
in session 12, I corrected typos in an unknown language...uhm...so I'm not sure if they were typos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

"Not cookie cutter" . . .what is the coordinator saying?  What is the coordinator not saying?

He's NOT saying THE Ginderbread man is NOT a Man of Gawd.

Or was it Frosty the Snowman? Hmmmm?

He does rises again from the snow every winter.