GreaseSpot Cafe

Humanitarian that believes in Jesus

Cynthia

It was 1978 in Oklahoma City.  The Bible Belt and I was a Catholic growing up looking for A Bible Study for Truth.

Four years later I realized this is All a lie and people were being used just to run classes and bring in $$$

After your sick of it all and want to start over it’s a maze a Labyrinth of recorrecting and unlearning everything you learned.

Years went by And I felt I’d been thru a war and so worried about the people left behind and worried about new people getting sucked into this madness.

I am just a humanitarian that loves Jesus 

Nothing else.  That is enough for me.

1CE6F9C6-B3E0-460F-8834-0D562B50AFFF.jpeg

• Like 2

Love God a lot, and Love your neighbor like you love yourself.  Think, feel, and act accordingly, and all the rules stemmed from that. 

vpw liked to TALK like that, but he neither thought, felt, nor acted accordingly. 

That's why there's a GSC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cynthia said:

It was 1978 in Oklahoma City.  The Bible Belt and I was a Catholic growing up looking for A Bible Study for Truth.

Four years later I realized this is All a lie and people were being used just to run classes and bring in $$$

After your sick of it all and want to start over it’s a maze a Labyrinth of recorrecting and unlearning everything you learned.

Years went by And I felt I’d been thru a war and so worried about the people left behind and worried about new people getting sucked into this madness.

Yeah – I agree – must be something common with many Grease Spotters – that feeling of disappointment when we discover that an organization, we thought was so altruistic was instead very exploitative of their followers – run more classes…push abundant sharing…sponsor people in the way corps program…money, money, money…and oh yeah, the way corps program – we got to be around top leadership during our in-residence “training” ( i.e. hardcore isolated indoctrination)  and got to witness firsthand the inconsistencies between the actions of top leadership and the ideals they supposedly represent. 

It is like being through a war…a war for your soul – as you recently mentioned on another thread –  here  – that is the real cost of their class or anything else they offer – your soul  !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cynthia said:

Some reading material you might be interested in.

If God is Love, Don't be a Jerk by John Pavlovitz

John came to a similar conclusion as you, but he apparently hadn't run into any Wayfers.

Bittersweet: How Sorrow and Longing Can Make You Whole by Susan Cain

Of course, we were conditioned to deny many of our emotions in twi. Susan Cain enlightens her readers and shows that we don't need to do so.

Welcome Humanitarian! :love3:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cynthia said:

Interesting and Jesus loved and still loves humanity even after he was persecuted by the people with religious titles such as the Pharisees and Sadducees in the first century. And this biblical teaching book fully explains this love that Jesus has. Our Loving Savior Jesus Christ

• Like 1