GreaseSpot Cafe

WayDale - You Challenging Counterfeit

Bolshevik

2 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Bolsh near as I can figure out your parents went to a splinter over this BS and held you hostage about it.  That sucks.  

I think different people get different things from this site.  But mostly we are here to tell the truth underneath all the whitewash.  At least I am.

I'm talking about thing in the 90s and early 2000s.   I was a kid and a teenager.  

You meet someone outside of TWI,  . . . then their parents come down on you because your going to rape their daughter.

You know, UP YOURS PAUL ALLEN

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

I'm talking about thing in the 90s and early 2000s.   I was a kid and a teenager.  

You meet someone outside of TWI,  . . . then their parents come down on you because your going to rape their daughter.

You know, UP YOURS PAUL ALLEN

You know I honestly never considered that angle on the impact of a website.

It’s your life it’s true.

But does it transfer the responsibility of the sin from LCM to Paul Allen?  That’s twisted up.

Paul was just trying to escape a cult intact with his wife both of them alive.

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

But does it transfer the responsibility of the sin from LCM to Paul Allen?  That’s twisted up.

It remains unclear to me what happened between them.  I mean there was another party.  

I should have never heard about it.  But it was suddenly made my business.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

LCM did not start these websites.  He used STS and the like.  When we're avoiding him, . . . the harassment of the websites was caused by others.

Paul Allen trying to escape seems silly.  You just walk away.  Unless he was a child. 

On 10/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, Bolshevik said:

LCM did not start these websites.  He used STS and the like.  When we're avoiding him, . . . the harassment of the websites was caused by others.

Paul Allen trying to escape seems silly.  You just walk away.  Unless he was a child. 

You mean like the other guy whose wife was in a similar situation did?  The wife under coercion did not leave with the husband.  The husband was so despondent he committed suicide.  They convinced the wife she would have been a murder suicide victim.  She is remarried still in leadership.

There is one consistent thing that seems silly to me.  Your rationalization of the actual issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, chockfull said:

You mean like the other guy whose wife was in a similar situation did?  The wife under coercion did not leave with the husband.  The husband was so despondent he committed suicide.  They convinced the wife she would have been a murder suicide victim.  She is remarried still in leadership.

There is one consistent thing that seems silly to me.  Your rationalization of the actual issues.

I knew the lady you're speaking of a little.  I spent a lot of time with her next husband. 

Ok, what actual issue?  

Everyone involved was in a cult.  Everyone was in the wrong.  What the heck was everyone doing in the first place?

3 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I knew the lady you're speaking of a little.  I spent a lot of time with her next husband. 

Ok, what actual issue?  

Everyone involved was in a cult.  Everyone was in the wrong.  What the heck was everyone doing in the first place?

The issue of the abuse of trust of a clergyman and adultery as well as quid pro quo sexual harassment at HQ resulting in a man killing himself and the wife involved sweeping it under the carpet with some talk of devil spirits like it was her avoiding the mumps.

Everyone was not in the wrong.  The man who was sued was in the wrong along with the org he worked for which was complicit in the wrong.

Just now, chockfull said:

The issue of the abuse of trust of a clergyman and adultery as well as quid pro quo sexual harassment at HQ resulting in a man killing himself and the wife involved sweeping it under the carpet with some talk of devil spirits like it was her avoiding the mumps.

Everyone was not in the wrong.  The man who was sued was in the wrong along with the org he worked for which was complicit in the wrong.

Why use the term clergyman?  

PFAL did not teach the right thing to do.  Weren't boundaries broken as soon as you were witnessed to?

Those involved were PFAL grads.

The pattern of behavior in the example you give . . . . it's not really that different than all the other behaviors in being in a cult . . . stupid decision after stupid explanation from all levels . . . . it might be more dramatic and click baity.

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

Why use the term clergyman?  

PFAL did not teach the right thing to do.  Weren't boundaries broken as soon as you were witnessed to?

Those involved were PFAL grads.

The pattern of behavior in the example you give . . . . it's not really that different than all the other behaviors in being in a cult . . . stupid decision after stupid explanation from all levels . . . . it might be more dramatic and click baity.

Because it denotes a person in a position of trust relationship like a judge or a therapist.  It describes the betrayal of the trust that society normally places in a person with those credentials.

If you don’t find my example that different than the normal thoroughfare of what you saw, isn’t that even more reason to call out the abuse?

Abuse happens in all sorts of churches not just the Way.  That book is a good one - The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse - check it out if you want a good read.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

Because it denotes a person in a position of trust relationship like a judge or a therapist.  It describes the betrayal of the trust that society normally places in a person with those credentials.

If you don’t find my example that different than the normal thoroughfare of what you saw, isn’t that even more reason to call out the abuse?

Abuse happens in all sorts of churches not just the Way.  That book is a good one - The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse - check it out if you want a good read.

I am not claiming TWI is not abusive . . . nearly every act was abuse.

I guess I don't understand why some wait until the sex scandal to see it.

9 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I am not claiming TWI is not abusive . . . nearly every act was abuse.

I guess I don't understand why some wait until the sex scandal to see it.

I can only speak for me.  I saw far less far later than you would think.  And what I saw the communication was controlled and explained away.  Dissent was removed from public view along with the people with waves of silence.  Even after the sex scandal it was controlled.  I was part of controlling the lessening of the impact of it initially.  I explained it away also.  To myself and then to others who looked up to me.  I didn’t want to believe it was a problem.  Then I didn’t want to believe it was a systemic problem.  Then I wanted to believe different people would change it if only they would be in power.  Then I excused it away saying like chapelle and Cosby it is the greater good so protect the ministry.  Then I saw sign after miracle after sign personally for me that God lined up showing me His body of Christ interacting with no knowledge of the Way.  Then I took action and left and started posting about the evils from an insider view.  Hope that’s a good enough answer for you.

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse - check it out if you want a good read.

Read the book and feel your burden lighten with every paragraph.  When I first read it, I thought: "These guys must be ex-TWI; they really know what it was like!"  No.  They just know what cults are like.  

If you really want "release from your prisons," read this book.

• Upvote 1