GreaseSpot Cafe

My mom, their newest member

dubistkrank

Question

I find those website very very difficult. I've never had so much trouble in my life. Not sure if it's my phone or what but I can't figure out where to post there's too many options and can't figure out how to edit and just joining has taken me well over a year with random attempts.

My mom is a fairly new member. I assume this is for ex members that don't think highly of the group? What can I do to get her to see the truth? I have already gotten her the book Undertow. I would really love to hear from recent ex members. As her excuse now is, that was under the old leader. As if things are different now.

3 answers to this question

On 8/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, dubistkrank said:

I find those website very very difficult. I've never had so much trouble in my life. Not sure if it's my phone or what but I can't figure out where to post there's too many options and can't figure out how to edit and just joining has taken me well over a year with random attempts.

My mom is a fairly new member. I assume this is for ex members that don't think highly of the group? What can I do to get her to see the truth? I have already gotten her the book Undertow. I would really love to hear from recent ex members. As her excuse now is, that was under the old leader. As if things are different now.

I find it much easier to figure out GSC forum posting and editing on my computer rather than on my phone.

Your mother, if I understand your post correctly, is a fairly new follower of TWI? Undertow is a great first effort to clue your mother in on what The Way is all about. As to getting her to see the truth, that's a difficult question. For me, it took 12 years and plenty of friends leaving the group before I did.

Love your mother, listen to her and try to understand what The Way provided her that made her decide to be a part of it.

What Rocky said.

Also, try to keep lines of communication open between you and your mom.  There may come a time when she tries to withdraw from you under pressure from leadership, who don't want their culties to associate with people who refuse to take "the class." 

If you are a Bible student of any sort yourself, when she raises it, gently ask her how such-and-such a proposition (that TWI teaches) lines up with more accepted Bible teaching, or passages of scripture.  If you need help on any topics, you are more than welcome to ask here.  Whatever it is, we as a group are likely to have dissected it and rebutted erroneous parts.  Not everything TWI teaches is wrong (especially at the beginning), but everything has a slant to it, that quickly turns into a slippery slope.

• Upvote 1

Oh, and dubistkrank - welcome.  Have a cup of coffee on the house.

Image result for cup of coffee

or would you prefer a beer?

image.png