GreaseSpot Cafe

The Absent Christ?

OldSkool

8 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I'm down with what you are saying, but is it different when you engage him vs say T-Bone? I respect where you are coming from and agree that there are many non-sensical posts responding to mike and I sure have my share of non-sensical BS retorts as well...but your responding to mike multiple times and discouraging others from responding to his BS? How does that work?

Perhaps try it and find out. T-bone is not a troll/provocateur.

Measure against the standard of what constitutes open and honest communication. 

As to my comments/responses to Mike, I generally do not respond as if I am taking his bait.

49 minutes ago, Rocky said:

As to my comments/responses to Mike, I generally do not respond as if I am taking his bait.

Fair enough, sounds like a plan. Peace!

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, skyrider said:

…. Rarely, does he start threads, but moves in when he sees an opportunity to elevate wierwille's written works.  Thus, not every thread is derailed into "Mikeville"..... but all of them where he invests heavily in challenging statements and banter to where the train leaves its tracks.

The only way to stop his train is to NOT acknowledge its presence or passing.  Treat Mike's ramblings [trolling] like a ghost train in the night with no destination in sight.

Good job, everyone.

When someone thrives on conflict…. it becomes the fuel that feeds his engine.  Remove the fuel (banter, conflict) and voila… the engine can no longer function.

Soon enough, the provocateur moves on looking to start another conflict.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Anyone who reads this thread will see how Mike's many locked-in beliefs have been dealt with so why continue to spend any more time correcting him?  As for me and my computer, we're done.  (No matter what that piece of wise advice claims we should never do - "never say never.") :nono5:

:biglaugh:

Edited by Charity
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm thinking of taking a GreaseSpot vacation.  I have had to do that with Facebook in the past when things would get under my skin and interest turns to preoccupation or even obsession.

Good idea. I wish you well.

When or if you ever return, remember what open and honest discussion means. You'll be tested/challenged on it.

36 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Never caught that...please explain? Interesting.

Holy Spirit came like cloven tongues

Before the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove

Madonna sang like a virgin

What does it all mean??

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I dunno bout that guy....thinking hes trouble...:jump:

Trouble is my middle name…well, actually it’s my confirmation name…Hyphen is my middle name:

Thelonious Hyphen Trouble Bone

I wanted them to put that on my Advanced Class diploma but they said it was too much Trouble …I also suggested they could use the symbol for Hyphen to save space but they felt that would be a bad sign - negative connotations and all…which I poo-pooed anyway after the fake doctor pontificating a bad diagnosis by flip flopping my name to Bone Trouble…that’s when I said “artios, amigos” …now I’m just another absent cult-follower of the Grease Spot kind…the integrity and accuracy of a choice piece of loin (gasp) is always at steak.

51 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

the integrity and accuracy of a choice piece of loin (gasp) is always at steak.

well...Im off to stake myself to a bowl of ice cream.....Have a kind evening Sir-Loin-Of-Beef!

Mike, you're welcome to leave, you're welcome to stay.

I realized after my change of heart that there was probably a shred of difference, if that, between the arguments we had and the arguments they had when the first believers had the audacity to suggest that Paul's letters were God-breathed. And those arguments no doubt preceded the endless debates about what gets in the cannon [sic] and what gets preserved as The Word of God. No doubt some wiseass completely dismissed Matthew and Luke for their painfully obvious plagiarism of Mark, and Mark got raked over the coals for knowing as much about Palestinian geography as Craig Martindale knew about celibacy and humility.

And I'm sure lists of contradictions were compiled.

How dare you put Paul's writings on the same level as Moses? Or John's writings on the same level as David's?

Funny thing is, I now put them ALL on the same plane, but not because they're divine. I put them on thecsame plane because they all contain massive errors that disqualify them from being anything other than the scribblings of ignorant men who could have guided us away from people owning each other but instead made damn sure cheeseburgers were not on the menu. Maybe throw in that rape is a violent crime against a woman, not a property crime against her husband or father.

But hey, go ahead and keep dodging and distracting and refusing to call an error an error. You won't be the first or the last. They did it with the 66 books, with the Quran, with the Book of Mormon. JWs refuse to admit their errors. 

It's the same old lie.

20 minutes ago, Raf said:

. . .

Funny thing is, I now put them ALL on the same plane, but not because they're divine. I put them on thecsame plane because they all contain massive errors that disqualify them from being anything other than the scribblings of ignorant men who could have guided us away from people owning each other but instead made damn sure cheeseburgers were not on the menu.  . . .

Is there a thread dedicated to this idea?  

Turn on the radio.  No lyrics makes sense.  

(You're blaming The Bible for slavery among other things . . . I assume there's some hyperbole here)

10 minutes ago, Raf said:

"You're blaming the Bible for slavery..."

No, I'm not. Not what I said and cannot be inferred by what I said.

" . . . they all contain massive errors that disqualify them from being anything other than the scribblings of ignorant men who could have guided us away from people owning each other . . "

okay . . . I was unclear

You're saying the writer's could have done something they didn't do.  

Mark has false geography . . . who gives a hoot?  What does that change?  What is the alternative?

Mike is coming from a place of VPW a$$-loving.  Your position is mysterious and that's what makes it interesting.