GreaseSpot Cafe

Is there a setting that allows the user to be informed of all new postings?

oldiesman

9 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

With 177 views and no replies (except this one), I suspect that there is no such setting.  :rolleyes:

George

Or, if there is, nobody who read this thread knows or uses such a setting. I don't know. If one exists. However, one might try asking a moderator directly or posting a thread in the tech issues forum.

On 9/6/2022 at 10:40 AM, oldiesman said:

I haven't been on GSC for a few weeks and find topics that I like to regularly review.    

How may I set it so that I am informed of all new topics posted?  (if it exists.)

Thank you.

Hey Oldies,

Not sure if this will fit the bill but you could try it and see: 

1.       Sign in and click on Notifications icon at top near the right side – it looks like a bell. 

2.       When the Notifications window opens up – click on the Notification settings at top right. 

3.       Look at the listing and choose the notifications you would like.

good luck 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Hey Oldies,

Not sure if this will fit the bill but you could try it and see: 

1.       Sign in and click on Notifications icon at top near the right side – it looks like a bell. 

2.       When the Notifications window opens up – click on the Notification settings at top right. 

3.       Look at the listing and choose the notifications you would like.

good luck 

There ya go, Oldies... and T-bone. https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/notifications/options/

There's options for content you want to be following and/or members you want to do the same.

Otherwise, I would suppose you have to scan through the forums at the highlighted threads to determine if there's one or more you'd like to follow.

Edited by Rocky

Several other solutions that you may have already thought of:

1.) have your administrative assistant keep an eye out for all new Grease Spot Cafe postings and then notify you immediately .

2.) set a periodic reminder on your smartphone - in 2 hour intervals (or shorter or longer intervals depending on your preferences) at which time you check  Grease Spot for new postings.

3.) always have Grease Spot website pulled up wherever you are - except while driving or at the movies of course

4.) contract an IT professional who specializes in writing code for automation systems, to create a monitor-bot to observe GSC   24/7  and send you email and/or text alerts of new postings.

• Upvote 1

Just now, oldiesman said:

Oh thanks Nathan, what I meant was I would like to be notified by an email when someone posts any new topic.  (If that is possible.)

I don't beleeve there is. Probability is very low. It would likely be a burden on the server. It's not impossible, but the setting would be controlled at the back end. I don't beleeve the user has this control.

HOWEVER, you can set your login opening view to the path I illustrated, or you can bookmark this view in your browser, so whenever you open Greasespot you will see literally any and every new post whether you're logged in or not.