GreaseSpot Cafe

"Spiritual Goals"

Nathan_Jr

13 hours ago, Rocky said:

IIRC, a couple of clergy/researchers/corpse grads were exiled (fired and/or M&A'd) for publishing a research paper on adultery.

John Schoenheit word study on adultery that was a simple research piece was used to confront immoral behavior in the BOD.

Instead of receiving the reproof, as Vic manner was he excommunicated the messenger sent.

Same ministry. Same pattern.  Different faces wielding the power.

11 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I know something about addiction and sobriety, too, OldSkool. I think your right about this. He rationalized so, so much.

He probably had too many enablers to hit rock bottom. (Enablers for narcissists are called flying monkeys.) But rock bottom is different for everyone. If we are to believe the quotes attributed to him in POP, it looks like he was very close to rock bottom. 

What does the blue book say about the fate for those those unwilling or unable to get honest? Prison, insane asylum, or death. Victor got death.

Very interesting view point on enablers in this context. Who would have had the guts to confront Wierwille on his drinking? They would have been fired anyway. Good point.

If anyone knows about goals and the appropriate action plans to achieve them – I assume it would be God:

When Joseph’s brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, “What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back for all the wrongs we did to him?” So they sent word to Joseph, saying, “Your father left these instructions before he died: ‘This is what you are to say to Joseph: I ask you to forgive your brothers the sins and the wrongs they committed in treating you so badly.’ Now please forgive the sins of the servants of the God of your father.” When their message came to him, Joseph wept.

His brothers then came and threw themselves down before him. “We are your slaves,” they said.

But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God?  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.” And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.        Genesis 50:15-21

~ ~ ~ ~

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.     Romans 8:28-30

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Very interesting view point on enablers in this context. Who would have had the guts to confront Wierwille on his drinking? They would have been fired anyway. Good point.

Apparently nobody who wanted to remain in the "household" of twi.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 6:46 AM, chockfull said:

John Schoenheit word study on adultery that was a simple research piece was used to confront immoral behavior in the BOD.

Instead of receiving the reproof, as Vic manner was he excommunicated the messenger sent.

Same ministry. Same pattern.  Different faces wielding the power.

I was aware of all the bruhaha surrounding that paper.  People even got in trouble is if it was mailed to them. I read it.  It was simply a well done logical research paper.  Those who overreacted were incriminating themselves.

• Upvote 1