GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Ambassadors

OldSkool

Yep....they have a new outreach program...mostly same as old outreach programs with some tweaks and a new name. Kinda sad really; try something new for a change. Thier only guiding light is their accumulated wisdom which basically equals institutional memory. 

https://www.theway.org/connect-and-grow/way-ambassadors/

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Yep....they have a new outreach program...mostly same as old outreach programs with some tweaks and a new name. Kinda sad really; try something new for a change. Thier only guiding light is their accumulated wisdom which basically equals institutional memory. 

The first thing I noticed was the introductory music sounded like the Kinks' tune You Really Got Me

Kinks: You Really Got Me

and all I had to do was change one word in the lyrics and voila - theme song for Way Ambassadors with an homage to the founder of a harmful and controlling cult:

wierwille , you really got me goin'
You got me so I don't know what I'm doin' now
Yeah, you really got me now
You got me so I can't sleep at night
Oh yeah, you really got me now
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
See, don't ever set me free
I always want to be by your side
wierwille, you really got me now
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me
Ohh no
See, don't ever set me free
I always want to be by your side
wierwille , you really got me now
You really got me
You really got me
You really got me

Edited by T-Bone
Typos, you really got me messed up

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

That video is so cringe.

• He said the only feedback ever given and considered was from the first ten kids from the fist wow summer. This alone provided the blueprint for all future wow. Do they really beleeeve that's enough? Was feedback/criticism of the program by subsequent participants ever encouraged and accepted by "leadership"?
  • Is there an applause prompter in the studio?
  • It's so painstakingly scripted. He just can't stop, won't stop, reading from the script in his hand.
  • Is that Syriac on the seal on the podium?

1B04F40C-158B-4066-94B6-CD1F34B62E91.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

That video is so cringe.

• He said the only feedback ever given and considered was from the first ten kids from the fist wow summer. This alone provided the blueprint for all future wow. Do they really beleeeve that's enough? Was feedback/criticism of the program by subsequent participants ever encouraged and accepted by "leadership"?
  • It's so painstakingly scripted. He just can't stop, won't stop, reading from the script in his hand.
  • Is that Syriac on the seal on the podium?

1B04F40C-158B-4066-94B6-CD1F34B62E91.jpeg

I think it's Aramaic, which they mistakingly believe was the first language ever or something like that. Aramaic was used as a diplomatic language through out the Persian empire, making Hebrew much older. I think the best anyone knows is Aramaic originated with the Arameans around the 11th century BC. Im going from memory here so if anyone finds out different cool.

Heres the thing with feedback in the way international. Hardly anybody gives honest feedback. Most feedback is lipservice designed to go along with what the directors want to do. Ive seen that hold true from the field to the cabinet/director level. Heck most field guys will filter what they consider negative feedback out so it never reaches HQ, in the case of soliciting feedback from the field. The only feedback I ever really seen during cabinet meetings was lipservice basically reinforcing the directors wishes. There's no honest feedback. It may be a little better with Vern running the show but that mindset is so ingrained in TWI culture that Vern cannot undo that.

6 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I think it's Aramaic, which they mistakingly believe was the first language ever or something like that. Aramaic was used as a diplomatic language through out the Persian empire, making Hebrew much older. I think the best anyone knows is Aramaic originated with the Arameans around the 11th century BC. Im going from memory here so if anyone finds out different cool.

It's definitely Syriac, aka Syriac Aramaic. I recognize some of the alphabet, though I'm not sure what it says. Anyone know?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriac_language

10 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Heres the thing with feedback in the way international. Hardly anybody gives honest feedback. Most feedback is lipservice designed to go along with what the directors want to do. Ive seen that hold true from the field to the cabinet/director level. Heck most field guys will filter what they consider negative feedback out so it never reaches HQ, in the case of soliciting feedback from the field. The only feedback I ever really seen during cabinet meetings was lipservice basically reinforcing the directors wishes. There's no honest feedback. It may be a little better with Vern running the show but that mindset is so ingrained in TWI culture that Vern cannot undo that.

No corporation interested in growth and in achieving goals, spiritual or carnal, can operate effectually this way. This is willful ignorance and a clear sign of spiritual immaturity.

Not since the mid-20th century and victor paul wierwille has anyone so enthusiastically squatted over the mouth of God to take a dump.

Just tremendous kernels of truth. Bless your little hearts in the original.

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

That video is so cringe.

I can say AMEN to that.

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:
  • It's so painstakingly scripted.

Idk about a prompter, but it seems obvious that they amplified the applause sound quite a bit.

I can't guarantee what it says, but- to a fair degree of accuracy-  I know the essence of it.

When the twi seal said "The Word over the World" in English, there was a phrase in Aramaic. From right to left, it read "word over the inhabited earth."    This phrase is written differently, so that's not it.  With the seal saying "the prevailing word",  I'm fairly confident that the Aramaic is a phrase that's roughly analogous to "the prevailing word." 

The original WOW program had so many problems with it, I'd hardly know where to start. If I had to try to fix it, I'd start over from scratch and redesign it from the ground up. There were too many things wrong with the old versions, and society has moved on from "the hippies hitchhike everywhere and hope the cops don't arrest them and they don't get raped or killed." Besides, some WOW grads were raped and some were killed, so that was defective even then (not counting crippling injuries resulting from forcing the students to travel in an unsafe manner and believe God to arrive safely",  a clear violation of twi's fiduciary responsibilities to their students.  That one was in the corps.)

Same old, same old.  Slight variation on this theme - the Ambassadors are going to cities where there is already a TWI (Corps?) presence. In some ways that has to be good - a bunch of people rocking up in a strange city with no support is very hard, as many of us here know.  It would be good if the believers there did give some support.  But with the presence of an existing mob of believers, complete with some sort of coordinator, is this going to be another way to keep the ambassadors under control?  (Waysider and Chockfull: no sneaking off to the truck stop!)

It sounds a bit like Lightbearers, where groups of in-rez Corps were sent off to cities where there was an established branch (Lightbearers stayed with current believers) and  were expected to get a class together within the two weeks they were there.

Who noticed the sleight of hand?  "The requirements are..." but if you read the words below the video, some sneaky additional words appear: "must complete a 500- to 750-word essay describing (a) their spiritual goals and (b) how they expect to contribute as a Way Ambassador."  Not saying this is a bad thing, just that they don't mention it right away.

8 hours ago, Twinky said:

"must complete a 500- to 750-word essay describing (a) their spiritual goals and (b) how they expect to contribute as a Way Ambassador."

I would have to say - Do Not Do this Essay! This is a corrupt organization that will use your own words against you to trap, intimidate, and coerce you into following their lead. It's just one more thing for them to sink their hooks in to you.

• Upvote 1

You mean like how vpw took the "From Birth to the Corps" required papers and used them to screen the applicants to see which women would be, in his estimation, easiest to sexually assault, and how he sometimes even had the papers in his hand when summoning her to a private location so he could try to sexually assault her?  

Maybe.

Yep, that's what I thought.  Some manipulation later based on the WA paper?  "I was delivered from xyz abuse.  Now I know what God says and I want to share that with others" becomes "This person is vulnerable in this area of life.  How can we use that?  Meanwhile, let's use them as recruiters for more vulnerable people."

On the other hand, I do think it's a good idea to get people to clarify for themselves why they'd want to do WA.

I didn't realize that people still believe what I am about to post from a way international facebook group. From their own words. The context of the quote is which American cities will the Way Ambassadors be sent...appareantly participation is so low there are only two cities - Orlando Florida and Kansas City MO...I digress...anywho...

I thought that was it. Until the other day it was the city with the most murders in the US--now outpaced by New Orleans. Sense knowledge wise one would think why send Ambassadors there BUT GOD knows what HE is doing and HE knows there are hungry hearts in the area. Looking forward to seeing the light shine and break up that crap and the crime rate going down even more than Guiliani cut crime in NYC---and dozens of Ambassadors to come out of the area to bring the same deliverance to other American cities.

Yes...they still believe that the crime rate is going to plummet in these cities because all the light they will be speaking and that light will dismantle strong holds and the crime rate will plummet...

So I see a number of things in that promo video:

1.  Doubling down on history with whitewash. There is no inherent value to the Drambouie kid making a choice 50 yrs ago.

2.  International - they basically are using the foreign mission thing for legitimacy efforts and to make excuses how they can’t change because they are a world wide ministry.  The truth basically is they are Christian cultural exploitation manifested with the BOD setting up rich compliant puppets with international money and mark and avoiding who they want.

3.  USA - numbers are so abysmal there they are on the brink of financial ruin.  Investment money from the former ministry $65m in assets and money help them stay afloat from going under.  Every USA measure number is horrible - number of people, attendees, programs, classes.  So they drive people even harder on sales quota numbers behind a “speak the Word” theme.  And now have a program modeled after them main one that they feel caused the growth - WOW.

They have their own little closed loop system there where all the feedback comes from within the loop.

If you want to be a real Christian find a real church or real group, not selling yourself short for some perceived knowledge from a cult full of faux Christians whose sole desire is to control you and your money for their overall feeling of accomplishment and worth. If you don’t believe me let me find the link to a BOD resume posted on the internet a few years back.

Edited by chockfull

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I didn't realize that people still believe what I am about to post from a way international facebook group. From their own words. The context of the quote is which American cities will the Way Ambassadors be sent...appareantly participation is so low there are only two cities - Orlando Florida and Kansas City MO...I digress...anywho...

Yes...they still believe that the crime rate is going to plummet in these cities because all the light they will be speaking and that light will dismantle strong holds and the crime rate will plummet...

Oh my! they're coming to Orlando, Florida!? Well, I just have to invite them over for tea.

Meanwhile, I have an extra copy of The Way: Living in Love by Elena Whiteside. If anyone wants it for FREE, with FREE shipping, message me here or email me at crledge@earthlink.net.

OR, I might just hold on to it until the Way Ambassadors arrive in town and give it to them. :-) A little history lesson is always good, especially since there's a photo in the book with the "original" WOW group.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Orlando, you say? Just imagine how great it would be if they could get their believing up to sign Mickey and the gang up for PFAL. Your next twig leader could be Goofy. Or was that your last twig leader? I'm so confused.

Doesn't matter - either way it's still a Mickey Mouse Operation.

I worked for Disney studios for 25 years...after my twig leader days, so it doesn't really count. I recently found out that a coworker for many years was in the way....shockingly still considers himself to be... but the topic never came up in the years we worked together...I 'discovered' the info in an odd FB manner....I think not knowing spared me a lot of dynamics I was better off without. At any rate..I wasn't Goofy..but drew him an awful lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Sense knowledge wise one would think why send Ambassadors there BUT GOD knows what HE is doing...

TWI is nothing if not all about magical thinking and narcissism. Rationalization to the Nth degree. As if "BUT GOD" has ordained this cult with special magical powers or something.

9 hours ago, chockfull said:

little closed loop system there where all the feedback comes from within the loop.

Here's an illustration of twi's closed loop spiral... with illustrative perspective.

RIMG2199wr.jpg

Edited by Rocky

• are debt-free or have financial obligations on hold or covered during the entire tenure of the program;

If one's financial obligations are on hold, that means they haven't gone away. They remain in waiting to be handled later. Sounds like debt to me. 

This entire program will be financially devastating to the poor youth seduced into this trap.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
The money, the money, and nothing but the money