GreaseSpot Cafe

"Every woman in the kingdom," cult prostitution and retribution

Twinky

2 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I’m trying to get this straight.  Waydale, a website not in existence for very long, was used to traumatize you when you were a youth because a local townie close to HQ thought you were gonna rape their daughter due to your family’s association with Waydale?

I kind of don’t even know where to start with all that but probably not in dumping it on another website with a forum with different people on it.  I never posted on Waydale that I remember.

Sorry about your youth it seems to have a good deal of cult trauma.  My kids have some of that too.  It’s my fault 100%.

I gave one or two benign examples.  

Destroying a cult is in the forgetting, isn't it?

5 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Forgetting is in the whitewashing isn’t it?  Then you can call an old wine skin new because nobody has seen one without whitewash.

When facing TWI directly, yes, that is what they will say.  We know them.

When facing the other direction TWI should not be there.

The life abuse was in the TWIG.  Gatherings that should never had happened.

To escape was to find the shadows.  The internet took that away. 

To my knowledge sex abuse scandels were in The Way were known of in the 1970s.  The internet magnified the rumors and dumped it everywhere.

Edited by Bolshevik
I don't mean "rumors" as if they didn't happen

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

When facing the other direction TWI should not be there.

That's what this site is about.  Exposing the falseness of TWI.

That's also what Waydale was about, as I understand it.

I'm sorry that somehow you were hurt.  That is NOT the fault of Waydale or any other website.  That's the fault of manipulative, lying hypocrites and enablers, keen to obscure the truth; and (it seems) frightened outsiders who were always concerned about their rather odd neighbours.

You have also to understand that many others were freed, liberated, shown the truth, about TWI when Waydale operated.

On 10/13/2022 at 6:48 AM, Bolshevik said:

Staying out of a cult is easy... 

Is it now? How quaint. Btw, I'm not inviting response... bcuz you're starting to sound like you have co-opted Mike's irrational "reasoning" methodology.

It clearly appears (so far) you are not engaged in fruitful discourse, and not willing to be engaged in any fruitful discourse. And that's incredibly sad. 

3 minutes ago, Twinky said:

That is NOT the fault of Waydale or any other website.

Sadly, until our good friend Bolshevik experiences a significant emotional event to shake his irrationality loose, he's almost certainly not going to change that particular point of view.

He's hurt and badly damaged in this area of his mind, just as we all were.  As a kid when it all kicked off, he has some worse maturity issues to tackle than many who post here.

To bring this back to the original post - I wonder how the kids of the women who were abused by the temple priests, Eli's sons, felt when/if they discovered the abuse their mums had suffered?    Betrayed, hurt, angry?  Bewildered and conflicted?  Ashamed?

How did the cuckolded husbands feel, if they discovered their wives had been abused in this manner?  Were they made to feel complicit in some way - say, God would withhold a blessing from them?  Maybe excommunication (M&A) was a weapon used against them, too.  Old tricks, and well used.

We can't possibly know, of course.  But I don't think the knowledge of this abuse would have been received with joy by anyone.    Possibly there were fights - and we know that Eli's sons were warriors (as were all the men).  Lots of potential for threats, and for really messy outcomes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, Rocky said:

Sadly, until our good friend Bolshevik experiences a significant emotional event to shake his irrationality loose, he's almost certainly not going to change that particular point of view.

I am watching people die.  As others have already.  I don't know what experience you consider significant.  What event in life does The Way International not touch?

You have no skin in the game, is what I have pointed out to you.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:20 PM, Lifted Up said:

Were we Way Corps men as leaders entitled to all the women in the kingdom? If we were, and refused to claim what was ours, maybe that was why some of us had to be "Loosened up". (The exact words used not only by VPW, about LCM, but by my two assaulters about me)..

One idea out there is that all heterosexual sex is rape since this a patriarchy.  If you have a wife, by definition she can't give consent.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, Twinky said:

He's hurt and badly damaged in this area of his mind, just as we all were.  As a kid when it all kicked off, he has some worse maturity issues to tackle than many who post here.

To bring this back to the original post - I wonder how the kids of the women who were abused by the temple priests, Eli's sons, felt when/if they discovered the abuse their mums had suffered?    Betrayed, hurt, angry?  Bewildered and conflicted?  Ashamed?

How did the cuckolded husbands feel, if they discovered their wives had been abused in this manner?  Were they made to feel complicit in some way - say, God would withhold a blessing from them?  Maybe excommunication (M&A) was a weapon used against them, too.  Old tricks, and well used.

We can't possibly know, of course.  But I don't think the knowledge of this abuse would have been received with joy by anyone.    Possibly there were fights - and we know that Eli's sons were warriors (as were all the men).  Lots of potential for threats, and for really messy outcomes.

I was a kid.  Kids talk. 

Is Eli proxy so as to talk as if these things were far away?

On 10/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, chockfull said:

I’m trying to get this straight.  Waydale, a website not in existence for very long, was used to traumatize you when you were a youth because a local townie close to HQ thought you were gonna rape their daughter due to your family’s association with Waydale?

I kind of don’t even know where to start with all that but probably not in dumping it on another website with a forum with different people on it.  I never posted on Waydale that I remember.

Sorry about your youth it seems to have a good deal of cult trauma.  My kids have some of that too.  It’s my fault 100%.

There are several false statements here.  I can't address them all.

I'm still tied to The Way.  

The same people who built The Way built these websites.   Obviously these websites are skewed toward those who joined The Way.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

The same people who built The Way built these websites.   Obviously these websites are skewed toward those who joined The Way.

Waydale was nothing to do with The Way. It was very anti Way, a d in no small measure has contributed to its decline. 

Greasespot Cafe is also nothing to do with TWI and apart from one poster, is vehemently against The Way. 

TWI does its best to take these sites down. 

It's only in quite recent years that TWI has sussed that a website might be helpful to it. They grabbed a load of domain names just to stop others grabbing them. Their first website was so static and boring that it'd be a wonder if anyone bothered to look at it more than once. There wasn't even a Contact Us button. You had to write, snail mail, to get in touch. They've updated that now. But it's still an ultra boring website. Just like TWI is ultra boring. 

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

There are several false statements here.  I can't address them all.

I'm still tied to The Way.  

Dude I’m not trying to make false statements.  That is why there is a question mark at the end of the sentence.

You are still “tied to the Way”?

I used to study knots.  What type of knot did they use?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I am watching people die.  As others have already.  I don't know what experience you consider significant.  What event in life does The Way International not touch?

You have no skin in the game, is what I have pointed out to you.

I agree, that I don't have skin in your game. Nevertheless, conceptually and according to research... significant emotional event. It's not up to me to spell out what events may or may not strike you significantly enough for you to recognize reality. Cheers B. Hope you have Happy Holidays. :wave:

9 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Ah yes a familiar one with cults.  Utilized very heavily with Scientology and JWs.  Separating family over hard line cult stances.

Twi actually brags about this maneuver and quotes the gospels to justify their error.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:10 AM, OldSkool said:

Twi actually brags about this maneuver and quotes the gospels to justify their error.

Right.  The section where Jesus says “who is my brother” in response to a belittling message from family downplaying his mission and request he come home likely to help out with the family business, carpentry.

Like Mike under pressure, their warped minds grasp at the nearest scripture for the purpose of justifying their immoral decisions and actions which are anti Christ.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:24 PM, Rocky said:

Not necessarily true. Some people who were, for a time, "tied to" twi, built the websites. 

That's what I said.

Their motives seem to be out-dated.

Edited by Bolshevik
there their they're

On 9/20/2022 at 6:39 PM, Twinky said:

I had a private message concerning this topic and I want to use an extract to highlight something else.  (I'm not telling you who PM'd me.  If that person wants to "out" themselves, that's their business.) 

I noticed while in High School a strong human dynamic that pops up in all human organizations and all ages:   the Captain of the Football team get his choice of the hot cheer leaders. ...  so many ministry leaders were like Football Captains and so many girls threw themselves at their feet, just like in High School and College. 

Just in case anyone had the idea that the women who served at the entrance to the tent of meeting were high school cheerleaders and "threw themselves" at Eli's sons, can I just remind them that Moses had, not that long before, firmly prohibited adultery.  (D'ya remember?  The ten commandments?)  Who's the "guardian" of those commandments?  Eli and his wicked sons.  Even if (and there is no such inference) such women had crept naked into the sons' beds, it was still the sons' responsibility to say NO! and not to abuse the women.  Eli knew, and half-heartedly rebuked his sons.

There were big OT penalties for illicit sexual activity.  It's clear those penalties were still in force (albeit laxly) in Jesus's time, and that's a long time later, centuries - over a millennium.  There are many admonitions in the epistles; Paul wrote about sexual matters several times.  And yet here we are.  Two millennia later.  Still dealing with clergy abuse of the women of the congregation.  It's not limited to TWI.  But it is - truly - the modus operandi for TWI.

If male clergy feel "tempted" by the women in their congregation, whose fault is that? No, it is not the women's!  It's the men's fault, and their weakness, if they cannot resist.  And they should do what it takes to remove themselves.  Never be alone with a woman not your wife (as Billy Graham is said to have insisted - so as to avoid any possible faint inference of impropriety).  And never, never, never hunt down vulnerable women to take advantage of them.

I think others have stated the Bible is a "male-dominated" text or from the male gaze.

When I first went to college the school broke up all new students into groups.  A dominant topic was sex.  The young women announced, very clearly, that promiscuity is a must.  It's part of their liberation and makes them equal.  

I'm sure you've run into those girls doing their . . . "gender studies assignments". . . .

I think college campuses are 60% female now . . .  so are we removing men from temptation by removing them from school?  Or creating polygamist cults?