GreaseSpot Cafe

1 hour ago, oldiesman said:

Folks like us who have taken PFAL and are aware of the past teachings; some of us have been using and believing some of them for years, some have abandoned them, but for those like me who still believe parts; are supposed to reject them because of Wierwille's sins?

To make that a legitimate argument – you should be more specific. What parts do you use and still believe? The law of believing? That as long as you love God and neighbor you can do as you full well please?

9 hours ago, oldiesman said:

This reminds me of what someone told me about a priest holding mass right after he rapes an alter boy in the back room.    She said the priest's crime doesn't stop Jesus from moving for his people.  She said that Jesus the Lord is still there and comes in the Eucharist regardless of the sins of the priest, because he loves us and appears for our benefit.    And he will deal with the priest at the judgment just like he will deal with you and me, and Victor Paul Wierwille.   

This follows what I've been saying repeatedly in the Greasespot, that the teachings of the Way or any other bible group should stand or fall on their own irrespective of the sins of the preacher.

what a convenient way to excuse sexual predators…the person that told you that has about as much compassion and empathy as that old sociopath wierwille. :mooner:

sounds like a sappy sweet variation of wierwille’s “you know what killed that little boy “ schtick . .. it goes like this:

Do you know who raped that little altar boy? It doesn’t matter. What’s important is that the Word is taught and that people believe it. If you think it’s just Father wierwille talking you’ll never get blessed. It’s still God’s Word even if no one believes it.