GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

30. Has the audacity to redefine any word in any language, whether he understands it or not. 

A. He said “all without exception “ and “all without distinction “ are the same thing.

B. Made gibberish and verbosity into an art and a science. I was really impressed!  :rolleyes:

C. Mixes contradictory ideas together better than Jake the bartender at the Do Drop In bar & grill. :confused:

33. Declares students should just read what “the Word” says instead of reading what others said about it - even though PFAL is made up of a lot of stuff that he stole from what others have said about the Bible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34. Encourages an us-versus-them mindset - great for fortifying groupthink and isolation.  :rolleyes: “I have no friends when it comes to the Word.”

Edited by T-Bone
I have no friends when it comes to editing
  • Upvote 1

37. Increases wear and tear on home furnishings when class is in session

38. Advances erratic sleep patterns before, during and after the class

39. Expands ill will in the neighborhood because of parking snafus when class is in session

40. Decreases prosperity by entangling graduates in a MLM type marketing scheme

41 Sets up graduates for being abused by those in power – with twisted ideas like all the women in the kingdom belonged to king David

42 Teaches students how to be close-minded and believe they’re know-it-alls

43 Teaches students they can manipulate God by magical thinking

44 Tells students they can’t go beyond what they’re taught

45 Teaches students the devil has more power than God

46.  Establishes a shipwreck of the family faith mindset that prevents cross organizational collaboration with other Christians.

47. Teaches a Christ in you concept that resembles an Iron Man suit - extrapolating a simple metaphor into a problematic doctrine of control as opposed to submitting one’s self to a Savior and Lord.

• Like 2

49 Establishes a church in the home pattern where zero money is invested in the local community and all money flows to hq.

50 Church in home establishes expectation of people paying that is their church and they act entitled.  Expectation to fellowhip coordinators to accept things into their home the top Pharisees would never accept into their own homes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

49 Establishes a church in the home pattern where zero money is invested in the local community and all money flows to hq.

50 Church in home establishes expectation of people paying that is their church and they act entitled.  Expectation to fellowhip coordinators to accept things into their home the top Pharisees would never accept into their own homes.

The second time establishes it.

54. Because there have been no case studies of the long-term effects of exposure to the radiation from cathode ray tube TV monitors with PFAL students sitting at close range to the screen for approximately 3 hours.

Geeky footnote  here  and here

6 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

55. Ectoplasm? Or was that handled in a later collateral?

Lo shonta?

I think you’re getting ahead of yourself. PFAL is a microcosm of the ectoplasm handled in the Advanced Class.

For those who’s memory is held in abeyance, Ectoplasm is that super-stupid-naturally vicious baloney that “the teacher” exudes profusely- I mean he’s got it coming out of both ends!

Now if you could get a minimum of 7 Grease Spotters to sign up for the Advanced Thread on Why the Advanced Class Sucks we could run both threads concurrently AND at the same time. I’ll be Lo Shonta-ing like a house afire so everyone bring babes, fruit and a newly minted person (i.e. clone) to Twig.

Go the post has ended…thanks be to collateral damage!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, T-Bone said:

D. In sabotaging cognitive skills , PFAL disables one’s ability to distinguish truth from error, but makes the person think that they can. Takes confirmation bias to a whole new level!

Truth!

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

For those who’s memory is held in abeyance, Ectoplasm is that super-stupid-naturally vicious baloney that “the teacher” exudes profusely- I mean he’s got it coming out of both ends!

Did you mean to say viscous:wink2:

16 hours ago, T-Bone said:

40. Decreases prosperity by entangling graduates in a MLM type marketing scheme

41 Sets up graduates for being abused by those in power – with twisted ideas like all the women in the kingdom belonged to king David

42 Teaches students how to be close-minded and believe they’re know-it-alls

Overall, this thread has an amazing list of problematic TWI teaching and practices. I am impressed. :love3:

I'm wondering if Mike will show up and try to derail the thread... nah, I doubt it.

Putting all these things in one thread was clever.