GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

Actually there is something to that.  I have seen how previously smart men of God turned to be quite stupid when they no longer had an assist from holy spirit. I also see that IQ can be distracted by hate, and that happens a lot here.

Your wierwillian judgmentalism really comes out with these statements. Who are you to judge another man's walk? So- if im to translate your way speak here....people are smart when they are following wierwilles formulaic approach to walking for God and when they no longer toe the line they become stupid because holy spirit no longer operates in them. And people who disagree with you  lose IQ because that disagreement is based in hate. Either way your assumed superiority shines through here, both morally and intellectually.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not really.  My posts here are mostly responding to others.  My few posts generate LOTS of interest.  I see how dead it is in here during the months I am not posting. 

Rocky, why do you think you not heard here on this.  If you were correct, and all I do is post blather, they why do others want to talk about my blather so much?  Why do you run away from it and scream "Turn Mike OFF" to the others?  What is bothering you?  Why can't you tolerate other opinions to be near to you.  Does what I post threaten your viability?

Not only are you a genius, you are a savior for this site.

:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Your wierwillian judgmentalism really comes out with these statements. Who are you to judge another man's walk? So- if im to translate your way speak here....people are smart when they are following wierwilles formulaic approach to walking for God and when they no longer toe the line they become stupid because holy spirit no longer operates in them. And people who disagree with you  lose IQ because that disagreement is based in hate. Either way your assumed superiority shines through here, both morally and intellectually.

I feel myself losing IQ with every page of this bullshonta from Mike I read lol

:biglaugh:

Edited by chockfull

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

You sound like academia here.   Sorry, you don't get spared.  If God can't verify to you when you got the truth then maybe you got the wrong god.  If you got the god of academia, you are NOT ALLOWED to have truth or to know if if it lands in your lap. 

Isn’t it weird how narcissistic people always eventually place themselves as God judging others or the Savior saving people?

In their own mind they make perfect sense but when you read it out loud it just sounds like nonsense.

we all stand on our own 2 feet before our personal lord and savior.  

we don’t need narcissists, geniuses, science clubs, mental patients or organizations to insert themselves in between because they view themselves to be special.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

NOW I think we hit upon why you were invited.  You were in the community, you were interested, and you were not an academic in that field. So, having you in the room looked good when they asked for grants.  Just don't cause trouble in the room, and there you go.   Exactly how much you understood was debatable, but that wasn't the point for them.  Naturally, from your POV, you're confident you got it all.

Yes, I think you got it right here. 

I was told much same thing point-blank after attending for years.   They were thankful that I did not cause trouble.  Which reminds me of a story that happened there.

When I first arrived I only mentioned briefly my Biblical background to one of the grad students, but word got around very fast that I was a believer.  Still, I played it cool, because I wanted to learn, and only once per year would I comment on something Biblical.

After I won their friendship, two of the grad students confided in me that they had been prepared for me to be a religious nut when I first arrived.  They said that before my arrival there was a steady stream of nutcases who wanted to invade the school and the department and set them straight on some New Age truth or something. 

These nutcases would set up shop in a class or in the hallways or outdoor gardens, and preach their better forms of enlightenment.  Because UCSD was doing cutting edge work on the brain and A.I. the news media was often rustling up the nutcasess to harass these brain scientists.

So, they were thankful that I did not fit into that mold, and said so. 

They also said that they were getting a weird sense that I was SHIELDING them from the steady stream of nutcases that would crash their groups.  It seemed that my presence there was keeping the nuts out, they said.

This went on for years.  Finally, as 1998 approached, the group was winding down, the professors were thinking of other things for the next year, and my life was changing. There was a sense that the club was over. Then, in the last meeting of the semester, along comes one of the nutcases to preach to the group.  This was after SEVEN YEARS of none of them showing up.

One of my grad student friends came to me during the meeting and asked what was wrong with my shields!??   He said that this was the kind of nut I had been shielding them from.

I give God all the credit.  I did nothing to shield anyone. I just wanted to give glory to God and learn, and if I could teach them anything…. that would be great also.

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

You sound like academia here.   Sorry, you don't get spared.  If God can't verify to you when you got the truth then maybe you got the wrong god.  If you got the god of academia, you are NOT ALLOWED to have truth or to know if if it lands in your lap. 

Sorry YOU don't get spared. How do you know you don't THINK God is verifying the truth to you.

Plenty of people have claimed God verified the truth and it was proven their claim was them lying to themselves.

Besides, you've never heard of false prophets?

Wow one more long diatribe where Mike himself is the focus and gets the glory.  All while false humility saying God gets credit.

In all of this we hear story after story of how 3rd party people fictionally verify Mikes superior intellect.

We hear not one post of substance sharing anything he taught the group or shared with the group as he claimed.

Then he ignores people and gaslights any attempts to dig for real information.

I was gonna complain about contaminating a thread with bullshonta but I changed my mind.

35.  Mike you yourself are a perfect example of why PFAL sucks.  

After 20 years of having your head buried in it, looks at this guy.  High narcissism high mental density factor all with the view he is smarter than everyone else.  No ability to interact in a community or understand group dynamics.  Zero emotional intelligence.  Flawed logic up and down.  Oh but with a view like he has the Ironman suit gift and others don’t.  

Don’t take PFAL. Don’t be like Mike.

Edited by chockfull
Found numbers on p.15 ;)
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Wow one more long diatribe where Mike himself is the focus and gets the glory.  All while false humility saying God gets credit.

In all of this we hear story after story of how 3rd party people fictionally verify Mikes superior intellect.

We hear not one post of substance sharing anything he taught the group or shared with the group as he claimed.

Then he ignores people and gaslights any attempts to dig for real information.

I was gonna complain about contaminating a thread with bullshonta but I changed my mind.

Mike you yourself are a perfect example of why PFAL sucks.  

After 20 years of having your head buried in it, looks at this guy.  High narcissism high mental density factor all with the view he is smarter than everyone else.  No ability to interact in a community or understand group dynamics.  Zero emotional intelligence.  Flawed logic up and down.  Oh but with a view like he has the Ironman suit gift and others don’t.  

Don’t take PFAL. Don’t be like Mike.

I figure it's some sort of weird reverse psychology: Mike thinks he can make people want to take PLAF by alienating them.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Genuinely expert people don't need to tell anyone they are experts. :wink2:

And genuinely intelligent people don't need to brag about their intelligence. If you're intelligent people will know it soon enough.

Edited by So_crates
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I think we ALL have the ability to turn on and off our critical thinking skills.  Every time we watch a science fiction or comedy movie we turn off our critical thinking skills, and then turn them back on during the commercial, or after the movie is over.

Or rather a person CHOOSES to suspend their disbelief - that’s one way for someone to become immersed in a story and get something enjoyable out of it

Probably similar in effect to when I suspend a literal interpretation of removing a 2 X 4 from my own eye before I can help remove a speck of sawdust from another person’s eye. The fantastic exaggeration conveys the priority of what should come first.

Edited by T-Bone
Suspending a typo

1 hour ago, Mike said:

a delusional person could believe their God is verifying it’s okay to sexually molest women as long as he keeps teaching “the Word”…in a delusional person’s mind anything is allowed- cuz in that make believe world they are their own God - incognito of course

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Actually there is something to that.  I have seen how previously smart men of God turned to be quite stupid when they no longer had an assist from holy spirit. I also see that IQ can be distracted by hate, and that happens a lot here.

So I used to think as I was taught that leaving the Way would produce some negative spiritual result, loss of fellowship with God, loss of active HS as they taught in the cult.

Interestingly enough there are very similar doctrines and functioning surrounding leaving the Mormon church, the Jehovahs Witnesses, Scientology.

All of them engineered to plant a seed of doubt, sow confusion, hinder communication, and isolate a person with respect to their faith.

Groupthink murderers.

Inspired by their father the devil, these blowhards exert their dominant energy and opinion over others accomplishing their fathers will.  Bondage, dominance, inflict depression through stealing hope.

The true doctrine and body of Christ promote functioning all throughout and a person finding their place in their church and faith.  Not the hopelessness and bondage imposed by cults.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Not only are you a genius, you are a savior for this site.

:rolleyes:

I’ve always wondered why it starts snowing every time he shows up :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I feel myself losing IQ with every page of this bullshonta from Mike I read lol

:biglaugh:

What you need is a pill organizer - so you don’t get the blue pill and the red pill mixed up… that’s all for now Neo , I’m going out witnessing in a few minutes with Morpheus - man I’m psyched!

40 minutes ago, chockfull said:

It’s a variation of Ezekiel’s wheel - a story within a story wrapped up in a tortilla made of LoShonta inside a Pez dispenser for ease of delivery- and that’s only one fifth of the whole enchilada 

la cucarancha La Shonta

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Do you read what you write? Or do you fade in and out?

Saint Vic was obsessed with academia. After all, he implied he went to Princeton university and insisted everyone call him doctor. I doubt he had a TARIS hidden somewhere.

So, considering his obsession with academia, by your own admission he was NOT ALLOWED to have the truth or know it if it was in his lap.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Do you read what you write? Or do you fade in and out?

Saint Vic was obsessed with academia. After all, he implied he went to Princeton university and insisted everyone call him doctor. I doubt he had a TARIS hidden somewhere.

So, considering his obsession with academia, by your own admission he was NOT ALLOWED to have the truth or know it if it was in his lap.

This hypocrisy needs to be understood. Well said.

victor went to great lengths to bash academia, yet he beleeeved those credentials to be so very important that he purchased a "degree" so he could pretend to have academic authority and credibility. Why invoke an academic title, if it's meaningless? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, So_crates said:

I try my best to not consider what other people say what they think was on the mind of VPW. 

What I have learned to focus on are his printed writings that went through a bunch of filters (including holy spirit in many of his editors), and re-writings over the years.

His recorded teachings are a secondary focus for me, and after that I find it useful to not do very much considering about him.

It matters almost nothing to me what you think VPW's "obsessions" were.
It matters almost nothing to me what VPW's actual "obsessions" were.

It took me years to find that this way of thinking is best.

I choose to look at what went most right in VPW's life: the collaterals.
I offer this as an alternative to the mental rut many are stuck in here.

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

I try my best to not consider what other people say what they think was on the mind of VPW. 

What I have learned to focus on are his printed writings that went through a bunch of filters (including holy spirit in many of his editors), and re-writings over the years.

His recorded teachings are a secondary focus for me, and after that I find it useful to not do very much considering about him.

It matters almost nothing to me what you think VPW's "obsessions" were.
It matters almost nothing to me what VPW's actual "obsessions" were.

It took me years to find that this way of thinking is best.

I choose to look at what went most right in VPW's life: the collaterals.
I offer this as an alternative to the mental rut many are stuck in here.

You can mischaracterize other folks’ viewpoints as a mental rut - but noting your persistence in talking up PFAL and wierwille like they’re the greatest thing since the 1st century I think YOU ARE the ONE stuck in a rut for - what - some 20 years now. 

Here’s one quote on mental ruts from an expert.

“In technical terms, psychologist Lindsay Tulchin, PhD, describes a mental rut as “a negative spiral of thoughts about yourself and your future that leads to avoidance of either actions that you know will help you feel better or actions that will help steer you in the right direction.” 

Helpful links:

How to get out of a rut

10 signs you’re in a rut

Mental shifts you can make to get out of a rut

Edited by T-Bone
A rut of typos …in nature: a typo in rut

21 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

You can mischaracterize other folks’ viewpoints as a mental rut - but noting your persistence in talking up PFAL and wierwille like they’re the greatest thing since the 1st century I think YOU ARE the ONE stuck in a rut for - what - some 20 years now. 
If PFAL were not from God, then you would be right.

If PFAL is actually from God, then my closed mind is the right state to maintain. 

It all comes down to placing our bets.

Here’s one quote on mental ruts from an expert.

“In technical terms, psychologist Lindsay Tulchin, PhD, describes a mental rut as “a negative spiral of thoughts about yourself and your future that leads to avoidance of either actions that you know will help you feel better or actions that will help steer you in the right direction.” 

Helpful links:

How to get out of a rut

.Thanks for the link!
That is the kind of direction my free will research is heading in.

I see free will as being like a muscle.  It can be out of shape and weak. There are all kinds of tricks that we can do to strengthen it, and make it function again.

I have been picking up tips for my research from links like this, and in groups that specialize in quitting smoking or changing eating habits.

In addition to being LIKE a muscle, my research is indicating that free will is IDENTICAL to learning; just complicated, self-directed learning.

Edited by Mike