GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Dude....you are the champ....I cant even compete with that ...I feel like I just picked a fight with Mike Tyson...:jump:

ah-right we cool...just next time don't interrupt me when I'm in my music zone

11 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

ah-right we cool...just next time don't interrupt me when I'm in my music zone

:jump::jump:

I love Tyson post boxing era....hes not only funny but he seems to have overcome a lot of personal demons and is somewhat more settled out from his earlier days.

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

110. PLAF is a gateway class to a multi-marketing style class set up.

Not only is there an Intermediate and Advanced class, there's also The Way Tree, Dealing With The Adversary, and Witnessing and Undersheparding to name a few.

Think of it in long terms…all the classes together…it’s like one big investment in yourself

pyramid_schemes-pyramids-pharaohs-invest

112. wierwille misleadingly teaches what he thinks is true worship 

In The New Dynamic Church, chapter 7, What is True Worship? Pages 81ff, wierwille starts off by quoting from John 4:

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 

~ ~ ~ ~

In a previous post I quoted wierwille sayingThe holy spirit field – that’s the field God raised me up for. There’s not a question that cannot be answered biblically. And there’s no one I can’t lead into speaking in tongues if they are Christian and want to do it."

I think wierwille was such an arrogant self-described holy spirit expert that he would create an extraneous idea out of a text even if it just mentioned the word “spirit”. He goes on from quoting John 4 to say true worship is speaking in tongues.

Students taking PFAL for the first time are unaware of wierwille’s knack for reading into the text.

It’s called    Eisegesis (/ˌaɪsɪˈdʒiːsɪs/)  the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text. It is often done to "prove" a pre-held point of concern, and to provide confirmation bias corresponding with the pre-held interpretation and any agendas supported by it.

Eisegesis is best understood when contrasted with exegesis. Exegesis is drawing out a text's meaning in accordance with the author's context and discoverable meaning. Eisegesis is when a reader imposes their interpretation of the text. Thus exegesis tends to be objective; and eisegesis, highly subjective.

~ ~ ~ ~

I won’t bore you with mentioning anymore of wierwille’s erroneous babble. Instead, let’s consider the more obvious line of thought Jesus was talking about in John 4.

Remember humankind was made in the image and likeness of God. Rather than conforming to some external religious-looking ritual - just going through the motions.

Jesus was telling us to worship God with that part of us that is like Him – the supernatural side – and in truth - consistent with what has been revealed in Scripture.

Prayer and how we each think of God and relate to God is deeply personal…unique…indescribable…pseudo-Christian cult-leaders like to control followers and dictate what is required for religious service. That’s reason # 112 of why PFAL sucks.

• Upvote 1

113.  Excellor Sessions

Why in the name of the precious baby Jesus on a pogo stick do we need to practice the mechanics of faking something that God gave freely?

A-shonta

b-shonta

c-shonta

d-shonta

Oh boy I’m feeling more fluent already

And spiritually pumped up by Hanz and Franz.

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd just a little bit better than you because of my works based spirituality.

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, chockfull said:

A-shonta

b-shonta

c-shonta

d-shonta

say - this would fit right in on the NT canon thread with so-and-so's "literary structure" debacle abbadabbadoo

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

say - this would fit right in on the NT canon thread with so-and-so's "literary structure" debacle abbadabbadoo

That's known as the Bearian structur. Named after Dr. Yogi Beria

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

That’s like Yogi Berra taking the PFAL class all over again

15 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

He had better Lifelines than VP

”When you come to a fork in the road take it”

”90% of baseball is mental, the other half is physical “

”Always go to other people’s funerals or they won’t come to yours”

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, So_crates said:

What dispensation is this?

You mean right now?

Please hold all your questions until the end of this thread

If your questions are not answered by then you can sit (or SIT) through this whole thread again free of charge

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Please hold all your questions until the end of this thread

If your questions are not answered by then you can sit (or SIT) through this whole thread again free of charge

Then it would be deja Vu all over again

Edited by So_crates

30 minutes ago, waysider said:

Hey Boo Boo!, my little children.

2 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

They can stay as long as their money holds

alright! a round of stretched coffee for everyone - Waysider is buying!

• Like 1