GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You didn't cite me here.  You took my material nearly word-for-word in places, and idea-for-idea in places. 

And assuming you and I have discussed this before, you switched positions on this issue of PFAL p.83 and come over to my side, the side I've been posting on here for 20 years, and I was always opposed by everyone on it.

I think I owe a thanks to Nathan Jr for first recognizing I was rightly dividing PFAL page 83.  

I salute your progress, and am not that angry that you didn't cite me. It would have just cluttered up your post.

"Balls!", cried the queen. "If I had to, I could be king!"

And the jester laughed because he had to.

54 minutes ago, Mike said:

You didn't cite me here.  You took my material nearly word-for-word in places, and idea-for-idea in places. 

And assuming you and I have discussed this before, you switched positions on this issue of PFAL p.83 and come over to my side, the side I've been posting on here for 20 years, and I was always opposed by everyone on it.

I think I owe a thanks to Nathan Jr for first recognizing I was rightly dividing PFAL page 83.  

I salute your progress, and am not that angry that you didn't cite me. It would have just cluttered up your post.

I didn’t cite you?!?!

I didn’t cite you?!?!

:biglaugh:     :confused:     :biglaugh:      :confused:      :biglaugh:  

What a ding bat

Why should I cite you ?!?!? 

WHERE do you see me switching positions on ANY issue in PFAL to agree with you?!?!

These whacky posts of yours are  bat-$hit crazy  !   :biglaugh:

Grease Spotters can read my rather loooooooozzzzzZZZzz:sleep1:zzzzZZZzzooong post where you quoted this from for the context  by clicking > > >  my post Saturday 4/22/2023 9:49 PM of Why PFAL sucks

For the viewers at home to understand the seriousness of Mike’s cognitive dissonance, all they have to do is think about what I am saying in this excerpt and compare to Mike’s position on PFAL.

Mike claims all of PFAL is God-Breathed. wierwille’s statements that I quoted from page 83 of the orange  PFAL book   implies  SOME  of what wierwille writes is God-breathed. And by the way, it does NOT specify WHAT written works are God-breathed.

Also just wanted to point out a few other deceitful debating tricks Mike is pulling here. That excerpt he quotes is from item # 137 of Why PFAL sucks  which is  PFAL supplements Biblical authority.

This is hilarious – Mike uses the goofy Bible-sounding phrase he’s "rightly-dividing" PFAL by accepting wierwille’s claim to be true – that some of his writings ARE God-breathed. Fine Mike – you can believe that if you want to.

My post in Why PFAL sucks reveals the subtle implication of wierwille’s claim. It shifts the Bible’s authority away from the text-in-context of the Bible and  onto  wierwille’s  self-assumed authority. In the video of the  PFAL class wierwille takes it even a step further to undermine the authority of the Bible at one point even saying to listen to him instead of following along in the Bible - if it's wrong , I'll tell you. ... .. ...:mad2:

So, I’m not agreeing with Mike – at all. I’m saying that the writings of that pathological liar, plagiarist, egomaniac, money-grubbing-phony-PhD, abusive, exploiting, mean, sexual predator wierwille   are NOT God-breathed!

It looks to me like wierwille’s writings were his depraved-a$$ attempt to subvert the authority of God and the Bible.

Stick that in your mighty-divided coherency and smoke it.

What a stupid thing for you to say  :biglaugh:    :confused:    :biglaugh:     :confused:     :biglaugh:     :confused:    :biglaugh:     :nono5:   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Aaaaand the VP worship comes out again.

Now we rightly divide NOT THE WORD OF TRUTH but we rightly divide PFAL.

What more evidence do we need that VP as an anti Christ needed to replace Jesus Christ by PFAL?

That is the fruit of PFAL - anti Christ.  It takes the adulation meant for Christ and twists it to go to man.  VP.  The man who bronze statues were made of.

140.  PFAL is anti Christ despite the labels on the inside

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:
On 4/22/2023 at 9:49 PM, T-Bone said:

wierwille makes several insinuations here. First off, he suggests that not  ALL  that wierwille writes will necessarily be God-breathed; that implies  SOME  of it is…secondly, wierwille is not as generous with conferring the God-breathed status on others. For example - he does NOT say “not all what Calvin said was necessarily God-breathed, nor all that Luther said…& etc.” Rather he simply states “not what Calvin said, nor Luther…”which suggests that none of their writings are God-breathed whereas  at least some of wierwille’s writings are God-breathed.

GADS! YIKES!

I wasn't recognizing a "rightly dividing" of anything. I don't use that phrase. I recognized the implications of victor's careful, serpentine wording. T-Bone concisely explains the implication above.

HOWEVER, just because victor implies that some of what he writes is God-breathed doesn't make it so. MOREOVER, that he makes such an implied claim for himself is the only sign one should need proving that NONE of what he writes is God-breathed.

victor tipped his foolish hand with this subtle implication. And the hand is wearing no glove.

141.  False name - Power for Abundant Living

So you would expect the vast majority of the followers to be middle class mostly.  They would be living with power and abundance.

Yet they are not middle class as that is next to impossible without home ownership.  Debt for starting businesses and advanced education are given elements in most normal peoples pursuit of power for abundant living. They are unavailable to most of the masses in the Way unless they are quiet disobeying.

Except those with inherited money they live more like the false name.  

And the Pharisee leaders who have relatives carry their mortgage notes to be in compliance.

And the minimum wage earners at HQ who qualify for Pell grants for kids earning college degrees from our taxes.

The vast majority of the Way followers have little power in a subservient organization and have no abundance after the mandated beyond the tithe “abundant sharing” and being unable to borrow money for home ownership, advanced education, starting a business, or medical or other emergencies.

• Like 1

143. You pay to take it the first time – and you must pay goo-gobs in tuition to hear it again as  the  curriculum in the way corps program.

ever wonder what's inside the corps mind?

large.gallery_1636_130_300981.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
what's inside your mind?

• 2 weeks later...

144.  following the "principles" of PFAL leads to a life of discontentment.

wierwille uses this proof-text to give reason for chasing after material abundance:

New King James Version
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly John 10:10

HOWEVER

The author of Ecclesiastes said one who pursues abundance will never be satisfied.

New King James Version
He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; Nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity…. Ecclesiastes 5:10

Perhaps David in the OT already clarified the abundance Jesus would bring:

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothingPsalm 23:1 NIV

Edited by T-Bone
typos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, T-Bone said:

144.  following the "principles" of PFAL leads to a life of discontentment.

wierwille uses this proof-text to give reason for chasing after material abundance:

New King James Version
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly John 10:10

HOWEVER

The author of Ecclesiastes said one who pursues abundance will never be satisfied.

New King James Version
He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; Nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity…. Ecclesiastes 5:10

Perhaps David in the OT already clarified the abundance Jesus would bring:

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothingPsalm 23:1 NIV

Hmm - let me see, I get to

- lack nothing

- lie down in green pastures

- be lead beside the still waters

- have my soul restored

- be lead in the paths of righteousness

- walk through the valley of the shadow of death without having fear of evil

- be comforted by his rod and his staff

- sit at a table prepared for me in the presence of mine enemies

- have my head anointed with oil

- have my cup running over

- assuredly have goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life

- (last but not least) dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

I think you're right T-Bone - this does describe the more abundant life :eusa_clap:.  Hand me the green card where I can sign up for all this :anim-smile:.

Edited by Charity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charity said:

Hmm - let me see, I get to

- lack nothing

- lie down in green pastures

- be lead beside the still waters

- have my soul restored

- be lead in the paths of righteousness

- walk through the valley of the shadow of death without having fear of evil

- be comforted by his rod and his staff

- sit at a table prepared for me in the presence of mine enemies

- have my head anointed with oil

- have my cup running over

- assuredly have goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life

- (last but not least) dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

I think you're right T-Bone - this does describe the more abundant life :eusa_clap:.  Hand me the green card where I can sign up for all this :anim-smile:.

Funny you should put it that way, Charity.

One time this wonderful ‘revelation’ hit me when a Grease Spotter quoted that Psalm. And that’s all they did – no commentary –  no  tie-in  to some point they were trying to make…they just quoted the entire Psalm…Now, how many times has Psalm 23 been quoted or referred to on Grease Spot Café? Hundreds if not thousands.

At the time, I was having one of those cult-survivor spells of feeling overwhelmed with the task of unpacking more of that mental and emotional baggage from my TWI experience and wishing I could have a professional therapist present every time I go through this tedious task. And that’s when  Psalm 23:1  hit me like a Saul-on-his-high-horse-bound-for-Damascus-moment. (FYI – I like to go to the movies when I describe my internal issues – I am like Stephen Spielberg in my own  right   mind  :rolleyes:  ). The Lord is MY shepherd – He is  ALAWAYS WITH  ME – I lack nothing in terms of needing a qualified therapist – who knows me better than I know myself.

Your quip of signing up for that with the green card made me laugh and reminded me of the the Absent Christ? thread  , a discussion on how wierwille’s insidious maxim the Word takes the place of the absent Christ had eclipsed…or maybe  sabotaged a Christian’s efforts to pursue a genuine and transformative relationship with our living Lord and ever present Savior Jesus Christ.

Edited by T-Bone
space-time continuum edit
  • Like 1

145. Alien civilizations could use the “principles” of PFAL against us.

On board the Totally Weird Intergalactic Gig:

TWIG coordinator Phake Dawctor So Unt So says to his / hers / its pseudo-science officer, Pee Awful Grad Left-Bak,

Pee Awful, progress report on checklist, please.

Pee Awful Grad Left-Bak, who always did everything with a mathematical exactness and scientific precision - licked his / hers / its thin green-card-ish alien lips and acting real otherworldly says, while at the same time and simultaneously genuflecting and saluting with the official gesture of respect and acknowledgment - - making the sign of the cross five times – once in the middle of his / hers /its  alien being and then four more times – once on each of his / hers / its  four extraterrestrial shoulders,

“Most honorable TWIG coordinator Phake Dawctor So Unt So sir / ma’am / object of worship,

Phase 1. Find out what is available has been completed!

Phase 2. How to retrieve it is in progress – tractor beam has the earth creature almost fifty percent uploaded.

I am accessing The Greatest Secret in the Cosmos Today Textbook to see details of

Phase 3. What to do with it after you’ve got it.”

OIP.5f1_4nbkaTqZH5YU8O4JqAHaEP?pid=ImgDe