GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

1 minute ago, Mike said:

t is against the religion of the academy to think that confirmation bias can have some benefits at some times,

Because the benefits don't exist.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I doubt if the occasional benefits of a closed mind ever came up either.

The probability of a closed mind ever conferring benefits is exactly ZERO.

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

How is this anything which MIGHT motivate anyone to return to TWI and PFLAP?

Or is it just an exercise in self-aggrandizement?

It was my response to a question.
If I respond to a poster's question then they feel obligated to come back to PFAL with me.

Since I just responded to your question, can't you now feel the tug to come back to PFAL?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No. Intellectually, I admit to being a Rogue Scholar. 
Besides, it sounds real good to say that fast, in a noisy tavern.

Moral high ground, no. I am a Romans 7b kinda guy, and thankful for 8a.

I marvel at the open doors I had for all kinds of inside information in the science world, and also in TWI.  I was extremely influenced by constantly moving around from light spots to other light spots, and avoiding all the dark spots... like the Corps.  

Being on HQ staff without any Corps responsibilities gave me unique opportunities to see how the corporation worked from the inside. I preferred working the material on the field, though, so I moved on from HQ to California.

I waited 11 years to go out wow, and it was a good year with a good family. 

So, my dodging the hot spots and the trouble areas in the ministry gave me lots of unique learning experiences.   In short, I was blessed with tons of data that can help me and others, so I feel it my duty to pass it on. 

I want to share it and not stuff it down anyone's throats.  When I am severely challenged at that attempt to share (and I always am), then I must shift from a simple sharing mode to a more aggressive, confident mode.

The reason I can spot things the other grads have forgotten or that they never got in the first go around, is because I was in a fellowship that did nothing but study the collaterals from 1998 to 2018.  We had a full 20 years to try and master the PFAL writings, and we did a pretty good job.

That was a pretty unique PFAL review.  I learned some things that most grads missed in that time, and I feel it my duty to confidently present it.

You seem to always have such great difficulty in explaining your thinking process for the science world and TWI, I get the impression you never had a THINKING process - maybe a process of absorption…your scatterbrained attempts here to insinuate yourself into a respectable position are thinly disguised baloney. :rolleyes:

And it’s hilarious how you can criticize and condemn the way corps like you were ever in the program. And for that matter, by assuming you saw how the corporation worked from the inside from your non-corps position is like thinking you know how the Titanic works since you’re employed as a cabin boy. :rolleyes:

On several occasions I’ve heard wierwille state he’d prefer every position to be filled by way corps – and I know why he said that – the way corps – wierwille’s most dedicated followers are the engine and all the major systems that makes the Titanic work. :rolleyes:

You don’t have a clue on the mentality of the way corps – they are wierwille-clones…mini-wierwilles…I wonder if you idolize wierwille so much – that YOU probably think you and him were on the same page – if only the way corps would simply believe the man of God like you do…you’re quite an armchair-way-corps leader – you know that don’t you? They should award you an honorary way corps name tag  .:rolleyes: 

I wonder what your idea of light spots in the ministry were. Having no real responsibility? Not having the pressure of answering to a tyrant like wierwille? Not having to counsel believers sexually molested by wierwille?

Were you that  clueless about the dark underbelly of TWI and didn’t know how it really works – or was it that you looked the other way?

Were you like a frightened child who sensed that Daddy was doing something horrible to your older siblings in the other room? 

I wonder if you were ever emotionally torn apart after hearing about a sweet, loving believer you knew personally getting marked and avoided…labeled possessed…or on the receiving end of character assassination - - but in the back of your mind you wonder if they may have crossed the man of God…was it some woman who was sexually molested by wierwille and posed a threat because she was now freaked out and unpredictable?

~ ~ ~ ~

I don’t care if you worked the collaterals until it snowed in your pants – your LACK OF UNDERSTANDING that “the Bible interprets itself “ claim  is just a bunch of baloney betrays how dimwitted you might be. :rolleyes:

It's a clear indication you are incapable of logical thinking…you just wasted a lot of your time reviewing nonsense…I wouldn’t brag about that if I were you. It’s like bragging you’re a great statistician because you figured out that people who have more birthdays live longer.

~ ~ ~ ~

you don’t shove your nonsense down anyone’s throat – only because you don’t have enough intellectual force or selling power to compel Grease Spotters to buy your baloney. :rolleyes:

So, you go the deceitful route of bluffing and regurgitating magnificent lies and wierwille's nonsense. :rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone
a bunch of edited baloney sandwich and tea
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

It was my response to a question.
If I respond to a poster's question then they feel obligated to come back to PFAL with me.

Since I just responded to your question, can't you now feel the tug to come back to PFAL?

Bravo, Mike. 

Perhaps thinking you had outsmarted me by answering a question with a question, you (nevertheless) demonstrated how utterly without purpose your posts are, despite your claims to the contrary.

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Bravo, Mike. 

Perhaps thinking you had outsmarted me by answering a question with a question, you (nevertheless) demonstrated how utterly without purpose your posts are, despite your claims to the contrary.

Busted! 
Well I'll just have to pick the pieces and try again.

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

Busted! 
Well I'll just have to pick the pieces and try again.

Is this too blunt or rude? It IS what the games with Mike on useless threads seems to have become.

Honestly, it's not Mike alone.

11 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Ok....not to be petty...but....you are kinda making it sound like "doors were opened to you" at UCSD Cognitive Sciences Department was like an invitation extended to you as like...a big shot guest or something....like you were included with the Professors and such...or....did you just sign up and participate?

You probably won't answer, but I just consider that a tacit agreement that you were in fact taking a page from Vicster playbook with his accmplishments and accolades. Like his college basketball career where I think he invented the hook shot or somehting or another. He had a long history of not outright lying but leading people to the wrong conclusions with baited statements. Kinda like wierwille's view that God just brought all those people to him in his quest to uncover the word like it hadnt been known since the first century....from existing sources...but yeah...the few occasions you hear the other party's version you see that vic was a nobody who was crashing BG Leonards classes and such...

Edited by OldSkool

10 hours ago, Mike said:

There was one grad student who could follow me some.  But I was there to learn, not to witness, but I did a little of it wisely.  Because I witnessed only very sparingly over a 7 year span, the few times I did were heard loudly. I respected them and them letting me hang out, like a groupie.  They respected me as I gradually showed them my hand.

It is against the religion of the academy to think that confirmation bias can have some benefits at some times, so no, I kept that close to my vest.  Also, I doubt if the occasional benefits of a closed mind ever came up either.

With the personnel and setting you described you are telling us partial truths.  You were there as part of an extended study group to do with a particular mental disorder.  The only reason for this type of a scenario is this. Mental health MDs don’t do science club study groups with unqualified participants for fun.

You are dancing around disclosing this because it hurts your PFAL proselytizing efforts.  

So you back up 10 yards and troll.  See how there are specific questions you are avoiding, while at the same time getting other threads started?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chockfull said:

With the personnel and setting you described you are telling us partial truths.  You were there as part of an extended study group to do with a particular mental disorder.  The only reason for this type of a scenario is this. Mental health MDs don’t do science club study groups with unqualified participants for fun.

You are dancing around disclosing this because it hurts your PFAL proselytizing efforts.  

So you back up 10 yards and troll.  See how there are specific questions you are avoiding, while at the same time getting other threads started?

Even if it is related to mental disorders that's nothing to be ashamed of. They happen. I've had to get extensive counselling for depression, anxiety and alcohol abuse. I'm not proud of it but not ashamed either. Maybe my experiences can help another. But Mike is either ashamed of being part of a study, which I think is noble, or he's throwing bullshonta.

8 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Even if it is related to mental disorders that's nothing to be ashamed of. They happen. I've had to get extensive counselling for depression, anxiety and alcohol abuse. I'm not proud of it but not ashamed either. Maybe my experiences can help another. But Mike is either ashamed of being part of a study, which I think is noble, or he's throwing bullshonta.

I went to a psychologist after exiting the Way.  My needs were PTSD and cult recovery from being too compliant and being susceptible to gaslighting.

I needed a mental health professional to tell me to not believe them.

The bullshonta is real and has real tangible results in the real world it is no joke.  It is not something you overcome by expert trolling a bunch of people.

1 hour ago, chockfull said:

The fonts I put in bold face are a bold faced lie that someone on the board here concocted.  I was not part of a study of any particular disorder.  It was NOT medical in any way.  The main ring leader was Nobel Prizewinner Francis Crick, co-discoverer of DNA.

It was brain scientists trying to figure out how NORMAL brains worked.  Sure, we looked often at damaged brains that the medical people would tell us about. Some of the visiting scientists were medical people. We looked into early A.I. and all sorts of things having to do with the brain.

"Mental health MDs don’t do science club study groups with unqualified participants for fun"

Well basic research scientists DO allow un-credentialed participants if they can demonstrate competence, which I did. This is especially true for frontier science where breakthroughs are rare and eagerly sought.  They really are looking out of the box thinking, and un-credentialed interested parties can be of great assistance here.

I am not inclined at all to tell all the details of all my stories. I only brought up my UCSD experiences to back up my claim that neuroscience these days sees human consciousness as a bit of a confabulation. 

Edited by Mike

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well basic research scientists DO allow credentialed participants if they can demonstrate competence, which I did.

Would I be too forward if I asked you to describe your credentials and how you demonstrated your competence?

I mean, how does one even go about demonstrating competence in such a situation, short of presenting a peer reviewed publication?

Edited by waysider
spelling

13 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Ok....not to be petty...but....you are kinda making it sound like "doors were opened to you" at UCSD Cognitive Sciences Department was like an invitation extended to you as like...a big shot guest or something....like you were included with the Professors and such...or....did you just sign up and participate?

I simply saw an inte3resting article in Scientific American and that the author lived in San Diego, whom I telephoned and was lucky to have a pick-up.  I said I was interested in the article and the topic for many years, and we batted it around a bit. Next thing I hear is "We're starting a new club to brainstorm on research techniques. Please feel free to attend."   From that I became a charter member of the EPL group. That stood for Experimental Philosophical Laboratory.   We met in the Philosophy Department, and later moved it to the Cog Sci Dept.

God opened massive doors and I got to hang out with the world's most top flight brain scientists, with occasional medical people chiming in.

When I say that modern neuroscience has come around to agree with the Bible that the mind of man is not all it is cracked up to be, I know what I am talking about.

3 minutes ago, waysider said:

Would I be too forward if I asked you to describe you credentials and how you demonstrated your competence?

I mean, how does one even go about demonstrating competence in such a situation, short of presenting a peer reviewed publication?

By conversing on the telephone for 10 minutes.  I had worked for years in an atom smasher and I knew the lingo.