GreaseSpot Cafe

Why PFAL sucks

T-Bone

10 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Mike:  "Most professors will read a well written and concise letter or text. I have had a lot of luck doing that." 

Hey, how about doing that here? Making your posts "well written and concise"?

That way, maybe we could all benefit. You might not get so many attacks, and everyone else might begin to understand what you're saying.

You really can't make a promise for the others like that.

Did you know that I was attacked here 2 months BEFORE my first post here? There were TWO separate threads here about me, one of which posted long quotes from a private letter written my me.  The other thread about me was a poster mocking me, from a phone call I had with him.

No, the bias here and the urge for some posters to behave childishly is too great here for detailed simple discussions.  I know how to discuss things in a civil way.  That is often not returned in kind here.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Did you know that I was attacked here 2 months BEFORE my first post here? There were TWO separate threads here about me, one of which posted long quotes from a private letter written my me.  The other thread about me was a poster mocking me, from a phone call I had with him.

Anyone got the links to these?

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

It is all in the archive for you to find, if you are interested.

In other words. I'm handing you a line of bull, why don't you believe it?

Strange, you can go on for page after page about what "cloak" means in Aramaic or whether the free will is biological, but a direct question about PLAF you dodge.

Why should Waysider waste a moment of his time backing up a claim you made and refuse to back up?

I'm with Waysider, name three things in PLAF you THINK we forgot, if you can.

Edited by So_crates
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm not asking you where to find them. I'm asking you to simply list them.

This ought to be a piece of cake for someone who's spent 20 years studying them.

12 minutes ago, waysider said:

That's not a theory, it's a hypothesis.

Theory vs Hypothesis

The meaning of words has never been important to Mike. They mean whatever he imagines them to mean and expects everyone to read his mind.

I might even say it's not quite a hypothesis, it's a mere consideration. But nobody really knows, like the meaning of 'San Diego.'

Edited by Nathan_Jr
  • Like 1

36.  The eye cannot say to the hand I don’t need you and the head cannot say to the feet  I don’t need you 1 Cor 12:21

Yet 100% of PFAL graduates move directly from the class into living in this doctrinal and practical error.  

Why?  Because their Bible has interpreted itself to indicate there is this extra special group called the household that is an inner Pharisee sanctum within the body of Christ that the verse is talking about.

Print that in a collateral

:spy:

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chockfull said:

36.  The eye cannot say to the hand I don’t need you and the head cannot say to the feet  I don’t need you 1 Cor 12:21

Yet 100% of PFAL graduates move directly from the class into living in this doctrinal and practical error.  

Why?  Because their Bible has interpreted itself to indicate there is this extra special group called the household that is an inner Pharisee sanctum within the body of Christ that the verse is talking about.

Print that in a collateral

:spy:

Yep, the division.

What about the family? Isn't there a distinction between the family and the household? Maybe I'm misremembering.

I was doing some research on how trolls work and found this

aa39f9b93ece88e90fba088bd8ed10f7.jpg

I thought this would be a picture of a Troll not in service

Then I realized my interpolation accidentally added an “ey” in the original text…my bad

Still might work…not in service = not being in a state of use or employment

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

See..you start out making it all sound formal and full of brainiacs and God opened these massive doors for you to study with the top neuroscientists when in reality it was so informal it didn't officially exist, so naturally having you along for the ride looked like it was all inclusive....but why exaggerate it in the first place? Joining a club is FORMAL and clobs formally exist and are recognized by the university as having FORMAL benefits to the students and such. You definately led people to believe it was something a LOT more than it actually was.....basically you were in an informal study group that didn't exist in any meaningful way as far as the university was concerned....just a group of folks getting together of which you were the tag-along-mascot kinda guy.

This isn't exactly new. There's a reason I responded to his mentioning of the group with casualness.  It was going to be a LOT less than he began advertising, by the time the details arrived.    Any wonder why his credibility is shot here?  There's more than 1 reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waysider said:

Can you list 3 of those things here?

I don't mean expound on them, I mean simply list them as such:

1.)

2.)

3.)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

He's been giving the same answer the entire time he's been here.  "Can you post something both brief and clear?"   "*evasion*"    If he had SOMETHING, there would have been SOMETHING he could whip out and say "Here's something noteworthy" and we'd be able to say "How about that, something noteworthy."   He's had over 20 years to find it, so if he hasn't found it yet....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

Mike:  "Most professors will read a well written and concise letter or text. I have had a lot of luck doing that." 

Hey, how about doing that here? Making your posts "well written and concise"?

That way, maybe we could all benefit. You might not get so many attacks, and everyone else might begin to understand what you're saying. 

After seeing him unable to do it here, I'm confident he can't do it for the professors, either. He is who he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You really can't make a promise for the others like that.

No, the bias here and the urge for some posters to behave childishly is too great here for detailed simple discussions.  I know how to discuss things in a civil way.  That is often not returned in kind here.

And if there weren't, he'd have another excuse as to why he won't-  he's used them for decades-  but by now it's obvious he CAN'T.

(By that, I mean what he's been asked to do- be brief and clear.)

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

In other words. I'm handing you a line of bull, why don't you believe it?

Strange, you can go on for page after page about what "cloak" means in Aramaic or whether the free will is biological, but a direct question about PLAF you dodge.

Why should Waysider waste a moment of his time backing up a claim you made and refuse to back up?

I'm with Waysider, name three things in PLAF you THINK we forgot, if you can.

You keep asking, he'll keep dodging.  Can't change his spots.

4 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

You keep asking, he'll keep dodging.  Can't change his spots

Mike keeps claiming he wants to sell PLAF to us. Here's his big chance for a sales pitch. Name three things in the class we forgot, @Mike

Edited by So_crates

9 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yes the distinction boils down to whoever lives under house rules to them. 

Right.

But is the family different from the household. Doesn't it get further delimited through the hierarchy - body>household>family? Or something like that?

I'm probably misremembering or I'm just confused.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves

10 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Right.

But is the family different from the household. Doesn't it get further delimited through the hierarchy - body>household>family? Or something like that?

You don’t want to break into song with 

so glad I’m a part of the family of God

at the same time as studying collaterals on the family / household distinction?

Yeah the doctrine is a bit mixed up and hidden but 100% lived.

14 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Right.

The enlightening part to me was when I read through the Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse book that really digs into Jesus confrontations with the Pharisees and talks about the background of the Pharisees to set up inner circle within inner circle so the top people never had to come in contact with anyone unclean.

That is the exact functioning of the Way.  While teaching the doctrine of household of God versus family of God.

Bunch of idiots.  Missing the forest for the trees in I Cor 12 which they spend 2 classes of endless focus on.

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

The enlightening part to me was when I read through the Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse book that really digs into Jesus confrontations with the Pharisees and talks about the background of the Pharisees to set up inner circle within inner circle so the top people never had to come in contact with anyone unclean.

That is the exact functioning of the Way.  While teaching the doctrine of household of God versus family of God.

Bunch of idiots.  Missing the forest for the trees in I Cor 12 which they spend 2 classes of endless focus on.

I recognize that it's all f'd. I'm not asking about right or wrong doctrine, just simply, which is the inner most circle of Pharasitic self-righteousness as taught by twi? The family or the household?