GreaseSpot Cafe

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Partial freedom from undesirable patterns of determinism

can sometimes be enjoyed by the clever use of

OTHER, more acceptable PATTERNS of determinism.

Partial freedoms can be CAUSED by determinism,

just as partial prisons are caused by determinism.

One undesirable pattern of determinism

is swapped out of the system

by cleverly using another pattern,

a less intrusive pattern of determinism.

Oh...look....finally...we see the set up for the pflap pattern....cause u know that's where Mikey's gonna go with it.

You ever just read all this stuff aloud so u can hear the bullshonta for yourself?

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m forgetting what thread we are on.

But by the power of my Free Will I am going to remember it!  Oh!  Another thing I forgot was chapter 6 on a general theory of deterministic freedoms. 

Usually determinism is associated with a lack of freedom, and that is a very justified association.  Determinism is like the cosmic agency that “enforces” the Laws of Physics. I explain this in chapter 5.  As the universe’s Physics Enforcer, determinism means the universe is NOT free to do anything, except for what is determined.

So the common association of a lack of freedom with determinism is justified.

But what I have designed into minFW goes against this association. I deliberately designed minFW to USE determinism to “crank out” its freedoms.  

So, minFW is a special case of the general notion of a “deterministic freedom.”

A deterministic freedom is almost an oxymoron, due to the strong association of determinism with LACK of freedom. I believe one of the many wonders of Biology is it contains mechanisms that can generate some special freedoms, such as minFW.

But deterministic freedoms can be seen in simple inanimate objects also.  I have  already discussed one: the sailboat’s direction being free from wind direction.  But sailboats are still complicated, so I found a MUCH more simple mechanism that demonstrates a deterministic freedom: a mechanical lever.

Holy Archimedes, Batman!

Here is the heart of this general theory:

Partial freedoms can be CAUSED by determinism,

just as partial prisons are caused by determinism.

One undesirable pattern of determinism

is swapped out of the system

by cleverly using another pattern,

a less intrusive pattern of determinism.

TLDR.

Sorry gotta working on controlling the response of chockys minFW.

minCU

:wave:

13 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Oh...look....finally...we see the set up for the pflap pattern....cause u know that's where Mikey's gonna go with it.

Ababababa?

13 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

You ever just read all this stuff aloud so u can hear the bullshonta for yourself?

No. It's hard enough to read silently. Reading this stuff is like listening to Kanye hold forth.

So cringe. So stupid. How stupid, you ask? Four-crucified stupid, that's how.

Tsingtao!

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

Some people just call them New Year's Resolutions, but, hey, whatever floats your canoe.

10 minutes ago, chockfull said:

So how does artificial intelligence play into the field of determinism and free will?

For example the Tweet generator at http://yes.thatcan.be

All I need to do is apply AI deterministic models to tell me what to tweet next.

In that sense determinism is almost like being psychic.

You know, when you call a psychic the first thing they ask you is for your credit card number. Shouldn't they know it already?

I've always said if psychics were real they'd be calling you with the answer to you difficulty.

Mike’s goofball “designs” and “theories” and “redefining” of words and concepts are contradictory, nonsensical, untenable and untestable.

Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

Determinism is the doctrine that all events, including human action, are ultimately determined by causes external to the will. Some philosophers have taken determinism to imply that individual human beings have no free will and cannot be held morally responsible for their actions.

22 hours ago, Mike said:

This should be a key marker to you how much you have swerved away from what we were taught.

I do want to address this Mike. You constantly come at me like I have forgotten, or have been talked out of the truth of wierwille, or that I just don't understand where you are coming from. Personally, I have never had a better relationship with God and Jesus Christ - just like it says in the Bible. I spend my time reading scripture and tracking topics through Church history and other avenues. I don't waste my time reading wierwille -- been there done that. I have very dillegently, and judiciously considered and reconsidered most everything I learned from TWI over the past 14 years since I left. Most of wierwille's doctrines are not supported in actual scripture. I don't mean pretending you are a biblical researcher because you know how to use lexicons and concordances where you get to cherrypick your own brand of Christianity...like saying cloak = book case. Anywho - Let me say this again and say it clearly

- wierwille was a false prophet who abused the flock he was entrusted with.

- wierwille was a thief and liar and also a drunk who liked to take advantage of the Lord's heritage - his people!

- his legacy is riddled with lies and occultic based principles such as the law of believing. It is plainly noted that he studied people like Albert Cliffe - a known spiritist.

- wierwille wanted people to only read his books because if you branch off too far you will find the sources he stole from and you will also find out the truth on a lot of topics he preached...that truth? He preached a lot of LIES.

- The way international is a preservation society dedicated to elevating wierwille up there next to Jesus Christ, the true preeminent one, because they have NOTHING else. No new charismatic cult leaders, no new anything, only the half baked legacy of their drunk a$$ father in the word.

Before you talk about me dragging up his sins and compare that locust to King David, et. al. let me say this. I AM a RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC who will openly talk about my past and my sins and they are sordid and many. You know why? Because I have repented and been forgiven and perhaps my story can serve to help others who are caught in the same snares. Wierwille HID his sins and I will do all I can to expose them and the corrupt organization he left behind. It's not out of hate for anything...it's out of a sense of duty to come out from among them and be ye seperate. I will not be associated with anything TWI because the organization is corrupt to the core and a lot of that corruption stems from doctrine, doctrine that is above question and considered proven ministry research by the way international. I will not slink off quietly in the night and not expose what I came here to expose. I will not give a tacit agreement with their practices by supporting them with silence.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I do want to address this Mike. You constantly come at me like I have forgotten, or have been talked out of the truth of wierwille, or that I just don't understand where you are coming from. Personally, I have never had a better relationship with God and Jesus Christ - just like it says in the Bible. I spend my time reading scripture and tracking topics through Church history and other avenues. I don't waste my time reading wierwille -- been there done that. I have very dillegently, and judiciously considered and reconsidered most everything I learned from TWI over the past 14 years since I left. Most of wierwille's doctrines are not supported in actual scripture. I don't mean pretending you are a biblical researcher because you know how to use lexicons and concordances where you get to cherrypick your own brand of Christianity...like saying cloak = book case. Anywho - Let me say this again and say it clearly

- wierwille was a thief and liar and also a drunk who liked to take advantage of the Lord's heritage - his people!

- his legacy is riddled with lies and occultic based principles such as the law of believing. It is plainly noted that he studied people like Albert Cliffe - a known spiritist.

- wierwille wanted people to only read his books because if you branch off too far you will find the sources he stole from and you will also find out the truth on a lot of topics he preached...that truth? He preached a lot of LIES.

- The way international is a preservation society dedicated to elevating wierwille up there next to Jesus Christ, the true preeminent one, because they have NOTHING else. No new charismatic cult leaders, no new anything, only the half baked legacy of their drunk a$$ father in the word.

Before you talk about me dragging up his sins and compare that locust to King David, et. al. let me say this. I AM a RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC who will openly talk about my past and my sins and they are sordid and many. You know why? Because I have repented and been forgiven and perhaps my story can serve to help others who are caught in the same snares. Wierwille HID his sins and I will do all I can to expose them and the corrupt organization he left behind. It's not out of hate for anything...it's out of a sense of duty to come out from among them and be ye seperate. I will not be associated with anything TWI because the organization is corrupt to the core and a lot of that corruption stems from doctrine, doctrine that is above question and considered proven ministry research by the way international. I will not slink off quietly in the night and not expose what I came here to expose. I will not give a tacit agreement with their practices by supporting them with silence.

Amen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

I will not slink off quietly in the night and not [or refuse/decline to] expose what I came here to expose. I will not give a tacit agreement with their practices by supporting them with silence.

Bravo! Your entire post/comment is worthy of hearty emphasis. Thanks, Old Skool. :love3:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

So how does artificial intelligence play into the field of determinism and free will?

For example the Tweet generator at http://yes.thatcan.be

All I need to do is apply AI deterministic models to tell me what to tweet next.

That is a good question. 

There is no question about the great ability A.I. has for learning.  If my model of minFW is correct, or even somewhat correct, then A.I. can have the same form of weak free will that we have.  But that is assuming some great advances in how A.I. can take information that resembles the real world.

It is the case already that A.I. can do some things well, but the machinery it is on is so complex that no one knows HOW it is doing it.  This is already a big problem in the ethics decisions self-driving cars have to make.  It is getting very difficult for the makers of these successful machines to predict how they will perform under strained and extreme circumstances.

I expect a large cultural backlash over this soon, with lots of fears, some unfounded, some very real.

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Mike’s goofball “designs” and “theories” and “redefining” of words and concepts are contradictory, nonsensical, untenable and untestable.

Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

Determinism is the doctrine that all events, including human action, are ultimately determined by causes external to the will. Some philosophers have taken determinism to imply that individual human beings have no free will and cannot be held morally responsible for their actions.

This is an expected side-effect whenever one embraces a doctrine that requires one to CLOSE their eyes and ears, and LOCK the doctrine tightly.  

This produces mental inbreeding.  Just like physical inbreeding makes animals or humans weak or ill, mental inbreeding weakens people by limiting their sources, their intake.  Even if it's one good source, it's like eating nothing BUT rabbit.  The rabbit isn't poisonous, but if you eat nothing else, you could die of malnutrition.   In the case of mental inbreeding, the ideas that float around become progressively more UNsound.  Worse, if grading is based on how "faithful" one is to the sole source of input, the more unsound the doctrine and ideas get, the harder one is to cling BLINDLY to them- and one is lauded and praised for doing so. 

"In multitude of counselors is safety."  If one only has one source of knowledge and counsel, trouble is inevitable.....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Ezekiel 33: 3-5 (KJV)

If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; 4Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. 5He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

===============================

All the warnings in the world are in vain for the person whose practice and doctrine punish them for CONSIDERING/THINKING, and reward them for blind loyalty and never examining whether or not they've taken a wrong turn somewhere.  STUBBORNNESS is not a fruit of the spirit, no matter who seems to think it's something praiseworthy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Belief has nothing to do with the seeing. 

That depends entirely on what you see... or, depending on how one prefers to say it... on what you believe to see.

In other words, people (for the most part) can only believe what they see.  However, according to scripture, it is not only possible to believe what is not (and can not be) seen... it appears to be one of only two very specifically given requirements written in Hebrews 11:6. 

On 11/6/2022 at 10:49 PM, Mike said:

VPW didn't spend a lot of time talking about the natural man's mind, other than what it is NOT good at: knowing God.   VPW spent more time talking about the mind of a Christian with spirit.

BTW - who are you to continually disparage your fellow man by constantly denigrating natural man? I know full well the distinctions made in the Church epistles between natural man and one who has the spirit of Christ - crystal clear - so dont go there. Who are you to speak against yourself and all other humans with a distinction you really cannot quantify. BUUUT more importantly - you know what value God placed on that old worthless, unable to know God, good for nothing sack of dirt called natural man? The life of his only begotten Son - Jesus Christ!. So mankind is priceless in God's eyes and thankfully Christ agreed and laid down his life for us because otherwise we were all goners. Lay off the blind hypocrisy. You aren't any better (or worse for that matter) than anyone else.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TLC said:

That depends entirely on what you see... or, depending on how one prefers to say it... on what you believe to see.

In other words, people (for the most part) can only believe what they see.  However, according to scripture, it is not only possible to believe what is not (and can not be) seen... it appears to be one of only two very specifically given requirements written in Hebrews 11:6. 

Only when one can put aside all (without exception or distinction) belief, which is conditioning, can one see clearly. If one chooses to then believe in that which one is able to see, one will find that believing to be unnecessary, even silly.

There is no place for belief where Truth is concerned.

I don't expect you to believe what I'm saying. I hope you don't believe it. I don't believe in belief. Either you will find out what this means, or you won't.

9 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

BTW - who are you to continually disparage your fellow man by constantly denigrating natural man? I know full well the distinctions made in the Church epistles between natural man and one who has the spirit of Christ - crystal clear - so dont go there. Who are you to speak against yourself and all other humans with a distinction you really cannot quantify. BUUUT more importantly - you know what value God placed on that old worthless, unable to know God, good for nothing sack of dirt called natural man? The life of his only begotten Son - Jesus Christ!. So mankind is priceless in God's eyes and thankfully Christ agreed and laid down his life for us because otherwise we were all goners. Lay off the blind hypocrisy. You aren't any better (or worse for that matter) than anyone else.

I hope you don't think I am disparaging my fellow man by limiting my theory to natural man. 

I am not disparaging at all in that decision. It's just that the situation with the natural man looks more simple to me, as a place to begin an attempt to treat free will scientifically, for a scientific audience.

I am very interested in what happens when spirit is added to the mix, but that cannot be investigated using scientific methods. That will have to be a separate book, for a different audience, using different methods.... Biblical that is.

*/*/*/*

I'm still thinking of a response to your previous heart-felt post. I want to be serious and address your points.

*/*/*/*

Please don't confuse me with the case that I debate here.

In the heat of the debate I am sure that I never intend to disparage fellow humans, but it may sound that way at times.  I try to follow the attitude I see Paul has toward natural men in practice, in his travels.  He loved them. You can see it in his Corinth adventures and letters. Yet Paul also describes the needy condition they are in.

In real life, away from this digital world, I know the attitude to have is agape toward all I meet. 

I seriously doubt if I'll ever encounter a seed-boy at the grocery store, so I look at everyone as already a Christian, or could become one tomorrow.

I don't consider myself as better.  In the heat of debate battle I may sound that way because I am sure of what I write.

In real life, away from my keyboard, I focus on people and ideas outside of me that are better than me, SO THAT I can better myself.

BTW, since minFW is just learning in disguise,  that means minFW is all about self-betterment.

1 hour ago, TLC said:

But without faith it is impossible to please him:
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,
and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Cool.  So a natural man, without spirit, must be able to believe those two things.

I envision that happening over the course of many months or years with minFW. That would be  many, many times minFW would steer the man in small amounts, toward the direction of hearing more of this invisible, rewarding God.  Finally, he hears enough and believes.

Then, when he finally gets spirit (in this administration) I am unable to envision any more scientifically.  Then I have to switch methods if I want to follow the story farther.

Edited by Mike

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I seriously doubt if I'll ever encounter a seed-boy at the grocery store

Well, not with that attitude you won't.  You probably need a refresher on "Are You Limiting God?". And for goodness sakes, put it on your lift-list. I'll be believing for you.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That is a good question. 

There is no question about the great ability A.I. has for learning.  If my model of minFW is correct, or even somewhat correct, then A.I. can have the same form of weak free will that we have.  But that is assuming some great advances in how A.I. can take information that resembles the real world.

It is the case already that A.I. can do some things well, but the machinery it is on is so complex that no one knows HOW it is doing it.  This is already a big problem in the ethics decisions self-driving cars have to make.  It is getting very difficult for the makers of these successful machines to predict how they will perform under strained and extreme circumstances.

I expect a large cultural backlash over this soon, with lots of fears, some unfounded, some very real.

AI machinery runs pretty well known algorithms and the hardware usually involves stacking up GPUs because a lot of it is image and pattern matching.  GPU is graphical processor like people buy for video cards on gaming computers.

Self driving cars have made out of this world advancements.  The advanced mode on  Tesla can navigate thru traffic completely to destination.  I don’t have one but have ridden in one.

AI systems perform better than humans under stress conditions usually.  The modern chess programs are beating the masters.

The fears I see are people fear being replaced.  Usually it’s more an adaptation though.

The more recent help desk chat bots are getting better.  Nicer, more helpful.

But the Turing test of self awareness is not in any danger of being breached.  

Every scientific breakthrough leads ethics.  Ethics are a lagging indicator.  People learn to use tools ethically by failing to use them ethically.