GreaseSpot Cafe

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

uh oh...that's a trigger!

incredible Hulk move over...here comes my PTSD

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Im thinking it started with VPW and was perfected by Craig. It's really codified into the way corps training....you cant really seperate the two.

They shouldve been taught to emulate Jesus Christ, but to them he's absent so they emulate leadership that emulates leadership that emulate vpw, etc.

Right. These are rhetorical questions to make the point that victor is the source of any possible corps nazi mindset. 

This is one of thousands of points proving that victor is not THE Man of God, he’s not even A Man of God. 

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Hucksters wear bracelets engraved with their deception.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Everybody missed a lot of what my theory is all about. I can tell from the errors in the criticisms.

I am clearly talking about biological freedoms and restrictions, and I see it being missed.

I was watching this television program last night.  There's a contest among chefs, and the winner will get backing and advice so they can open their own restaurant.   The contest is to determine who is most ready for the opportunity- who COULD run a restaurant if given a chance.  Each contestant thinks they're ready to do it, and has their own concept of the restaurant they want to open.

In the very first challenge, they were each given the task of making a single plate of food that embodied their concept for the restaurant.  They were told that one person would be sent home afterwards, the one who performed least well in the challenge. (So, the task was to be making a single plate of food that embodied their concept for their restaurant, and also tasted good, which was obvious to all the contestants.)  Everyone ran around and each prepared a dish.   

A panel of 3 people was presented each dish one at a time. One person on the panel knew the concepts. The other 2 tried the food, gave their thoughts on the quality of the dish, and also speculated on the specific concept of the restaurant, which was compared to the stated concept.

Three chefs ended up performing less well than the others, and the one who performed least was sent home immediately.  He said his concept was "Southern food and ramen." The dish he presented was not Southern food, nor did it contain ramen.  Both guesses to the concept were from judges who could detect no pattern. "The concept is 'a mess.' "

When the chef was sent home, he told the cameramen that the concept was there, but for some reason the judges couldn't see it.  (Um, neither could we, and we were watching from home.)   He refused to accept that the responsibility for clear communication was his, and decided that if there was a miscommunication, it HAD TO be on the recipients because he was SURE he had communicated clearly.  However, he had not- and we have the video recordings to prove it.  It's a poor communicator that communicates vaguely and then blames the audience for not seeing his points.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Everybody missed a lot of what my theory is all about. I can tell from the errors in the criticisms.

I am clearly talking about biological freedoms and restrictions, and I see it being missed.

What is CLEAR is you haven't taken it upon yourself to learn the fundamentals of communication. Likewise you refuse to own YOUR responsibility to make your message clear to readers.

IF you perceive that YOUR message is not being received in the way you intended it, the responsibility for clarification is YOURS alone.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

When I led excellors sessions, it was definitely fear that needed to be dealt with the most, even with Intermediate Class grads.  

I sat through a LOT of ICs as a grad.  We never had a problem like that among the grads, and when I was a new student and in the same excellors as the new students, hesitancy was a minor thing that was easily dismissed. 

I don't know why your excellors sessions were so inferior.  The students could all have been unprepared to take the IC, or whoever was running the show might have been deficient, or something else.   I don't think that it was just NY'ers were that much better than everywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

What is CLEAR is you haven't taken it upon yourself to learn the fundamentals of communication. Likewise you refuse to own YOUR responsibility to make your message clear to readers.

IF you perceive that YOUR message is not being received in the way you intended it, the responsibility for clarification is YOURS alone.

He knows what he's doing. 

4 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

He knows what he's doing. 

However, like the story WW relayed about the chef, just before my comment, whether Mike knows what he's doing or not is not relevant.

That he refuses to OWN his responsibility for communicating his message clearly IS relevant.

IMO, it's well past time to send Mike home.

It's a poor communicator that communicates vaguely and then blames the audience for not seeing his points.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I was watching this television program last night.  There's a contest among chefs, and the winner will get backing and advice so they can open their own restaurant.   The contest is to determine who is most ready for the opportunity- who COULD run a restaurant if given a chance.  Each contestant thinks they're ready to do it, and has their own concept of the restaurant they want to open.

In the very first challenge, they were each given the task of making a single plate of food that embodied their concept for the restaurant.  They were told that one person would be sent home afterwards, the one who performed least well in the challenge. (So, the task was to be making a single plate of food that embodied their concept for their restaurant, and also tasted good, which was obvious to all the contestants.)  Everyone ran around and each prepared a dish.   

A panel of 3 people was presented each dish one at a time. One person on the panel knew the concepts. The other 2 tried the food, gave their thoughts on the quality of the dish, and also speculated on the specific concept of the restaurant, which was compared to the stated concept.

Three chefs ended up performing less well than the others, and the one who performed least was sent home immediately.  He said his concept was "Southern food and ramen." The dish he presented was not Southern food, nor did it contain ramen.  Both guesses to the concept were from judges who could detect no pattern. "The concept is 'a mess.' "

When the chef was sent home, he told the cameramen that the concept was there, but for some reason the judges couldn't see it.  (Um, neither could we, and we were watching from home.)   He refused to accept that the responsibility for clear communication was his, and decided that if there was a miscommunication, it HAD TO be on the recipients because he was SURE he had communicated clearly.  However, he had not- and we have the video recordings to prove it.  It's a poor communicator that communicates vaguely and then blames the audience for not seeing his points.

I couldn’t have illustrated, nor articulated, this point more beautifully. Perfectly stated. 

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

My Lord, you are seriously living in fantasy land. They way international will NEVER admit anything in writing or otherwise, that would leave them open to litigation. Don't you get it? The lawyers are steering the ship in this regard....even if they are no longer on retainer the counsel is in effect. Here call em up and see if you can get this pushed through...

https://www.bakerlaw.com/Cleveland

I'm convinced this isn't a joke. After everything, Mike really thinks that twi will admit to things in writing.  They go out of their way to HIDE anything.  Documentation? They were even vague IN COURT, under threat of perjury.    Seriously, I'm supposed to take Mike seriously and trust his perceptive ability when he makes gaffes this big?

Oh, right- he never actually MADE that gaffe. He was referring to something else, he was misunderstood, he was taken out of context,  he never meant to suggest twi's error-ridden previous policies would be admitted to in black-and-white, and it's all our fault for thinking that's what he meant, and we're all meanies who are ganging up on him.

It's like a piano with ONE KEY.

6 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I sat through a LOT of ICs as a grad.  We never had a problem like that among the grads, and when I was a new student and in the same excellors as the new students, hesitancy was a minor thing that was easily dismissed. 

I don't know why your excellors sessions were so inferior.  The students could all have been unprepared to take the IC, or whoever was running the show might have been deficient, or something else.   I don't think that it was just NY'ers were that much better than everywhere else.

No, it wasn't just New York...I know u understand that...but to be clear...I had classes in NYC, VA, Louisiana, Ohio, and Colorado. What u describe coincides with my experiences as well, in all locations I listed.

2 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

No, it wasn't just New York...I know u understand that...but to be clear...I had classes in NYC, VA, Louisiana, Ohio, and Colorado. What u describe coincides with my experiences as well, in all locations I listed.

I figured, but it's nice to have that confirmed.  Either Mike was dealing with some really anemic locals in that spot, or Mike misunderstood what was going on.  I can't definitively prove that those people were the same as in NYC, VA, LA, OH and CO, but I so know that's the way to bet....

3 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I figured, but it's nice to have that confirmed.  Either Mike was dealing with some really anemic locals in that spot, or Mike misunderstood what was going on.  I can't definitively prove that those people were the same as in NYC, VA, LA, OH and CO, but I so know that's the way to bet....

To be clear...NY was the only state where classes I attended were in one city...NYC. The states I listed all had multiple cities involved. For example: VA was Roanoke, Richmond, VA Beach. On down the line.

Edited by OldSkool

12 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I couldn’t have illustrated, nor articulated, this point more beautifully. Perfectly stated. 

The irony for me was going almost directly from the show to reading that post.

BTW, the chef that went home was supposedly combining the concept of JAMAICAN food and ramen, and the result was neither Jamaican food nor ramen. I mentioned Southern food in my previous post. My point was completely intact- the dish contained none of the concept-  but for the curious, I wanted to be factually correct. (Even though it was unnecessary to make the correction in order to make MY point, I like to be factually correct anyway.)

1 minute ago, WordWolf said:

JAMAICAN food and ramen, and the result was neither Jamaican food nor ramen.

:offtopic:...but I LOVE both Jamaican and Ramen. There is a Ramen house I patronize on the regular that is all Japanese from the chefs to the menu. It's the best Ramen ive ever had, not the best there is, just the best Ive had. There's 4 Jamaican restaurants I patronize on the regular. Real deal, family run spots...all of them are incredible. Now...I would give my I teeth to sample the fusion u describe...gotta be awesome.

There was a lady up the street from me who ran a food truck that fused Jamaican flavors into egg rolls. It was gourmet. She made the money she needed to relocate to Atlanta. Miss her. Oh...she had a Philly Cheese Steak egg roll that was to die for...I gotta stop now before I go eat some Ramen.

7 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

The irony for me was going almost directly from the show to reading that post.

BTW, the chef that went home was supposedly combining the concept of JAMAICAN food and ramen, and the result was neither Jamaican food nor ramen. I mentioned Southern food in my previous post. My point was completely intact- the dish contained none of the concept-  but for the curious, I wanted to be factually correct. (Even though it was unnecessary to make the correction in order to make MY point, I like to be factually correct anyway.)

You could have made the whole thing up. So what? What you wrote is true, in spite of the facts.

(Jamaican ramen sounds almost as stupid as four crucified.)

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Wasn't R.R. in charge at the time of the RnR?  I think a lot has changed since then.  I hear a consensus in TWI folks that Rosalie was way too slow at changing things, and that the new management is different.

From the reports I heard Vern the current President personally called RnR members to inform them they were MA.

So is he saying any act he took prior to them voting RR out he was not responsible for because RR was in charge?

Yes part of the whitewash is defining a “new” Way.  Are they calling it Way 4 now?  New marketing label same exact everything else.

Classes, corpse, ambassadors, tithing, pushing for proselytizing.  Central control and money flow.  Still a dissolved research department but a new class.

Sorry still same pickled Pharisee on the inside despite the new meat label on the outside.

Changes don’t involve accountability and apologies to anyone anywhere ever any time.

10 minutes ago, chockfull said:

From the reports I heard Vern the current President personally called RnR members to inform them they were MA

Im sure I'm M/A cause they all know I hung out their dirty laundry. What I wouldn't give to get that phone call though....lmao.

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Im sure I'm M/A cause they all know I hung out their dirty laundry. What I wouldn't give to get that phone call though....lmao.

Dude if you avoid someone who also avoids you who the f cares in the long run anyway.  PFAL effectively MAs the rest of the body of Christ anyway.

Unfortunately for them they can’t MA the bema.

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

Dude if you avoid someone who also avoids you who the f cares in the long run anyway.  PFAL effectively MAs the rest of the body of Christ anyway.

Unfortunately for them they can’t MA the bema.

Oh...I'm talking entertainment purposes only. I m/a them back in 2008.

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Oh...I'm talking entertainment purposes only. I m/a them back in 2008.

Of course.  It would be entertaining with all the modern forms of communication they could do a TikTok, a group text, or send a thumbs down gif and a short text and require the local stooge person to do the Pharisee FedEx delivery.   I wonder if the RnR folks did the window decorations like the Mormons?

I mean with all the modern advancements since Martin Luther, we might could do 50 ways to excommunicate someone 

:spy:

Just now, chockfull said:

Of course.  It would be entertaining with all the modern forms of communication they could do a TikTok, a group text, or send a thumbs down gif and a short text and require the local stooge person to do the Pharisee FedEx delivery.   I wonder if the RnR folks did the window decorations like the Mormons?

I mean with all the modern advancements since Martin Luther, we might could do 50 ways to excommunicate someone 

:spy:

:jump: love it.

On another note, it speaks to the extreme ego the directors sport to think they are relevant or powerful enough to matter to anyone. The RnR folks were m/a for being competition though. Twi hates all offshoots...period...imagine a Christian organization so fleshly and toxic that they will attack other originations in the body of Christ...insane...no?

50 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

:offtopic:...but I LOVE both Jamaican and Ramen. There is a Ramen house I patronize on the regular that is all Japanese from the chefs to the menu. It's the best Ramen ive ever had, not the best there is, just the best Ive had. There's 4 Jamaican restaurants I patronize on the regular. Real deal, family run spots...all of them are incredible. Now...I would give my I teeth to sample the fusion u describe...gotta be awesome.

There was a lady up the street from me who ran a food truck that fused Jamaican flavors into egg rolls. It was gourmet. She made the money she needed to relocate to Atlanta. Miss her. Oh...she had a Philly Cheese Steak egg roll that was to die for...I gotta stop now before I go eat some Ramen.

50 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

(Jamaican ramen sounds almost as stupid as four crucified.)

Sorry, OS. This was not a jab at you. Simultaneous posts, it seems.

I gave up on fusion cuisine long ago. Especially, fusion for fusion's sake, for the novelty of it.

HOWEVER, I would give my left eyeball up to the idiom of permission to live in a city like yours with such a diverse, authentic and thriving food scene.

2 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Sorry, OS. This was not a jab at you. Simultaneous posts, it seems.

I gave up on fusion cuisine long ago. Especially, fusion for fusion's sake, for the novelty of it.

HOWEVER, I would give my left eyeball up to the idiom of permission to live in a city like yours with such a diverse, authentic and thriving food scene.

No worries. My grandmother, who lives in VA, came to Queens for a visit in 94. I took them to an Indian restaurant that had Lambs Head on the menu. I was kidding with her and said I was going to order it for the table. She got up to start leaving until I talked her down from the ledge, both of us laughing of course but she wasn't playing.. My palatte is so all over the place that even my wife won't accompany me at times when I go out to eat. So...ya...no offense taken...everyone can't be like me cause it's guys like u that have more culinary common sense than me that keeps guys like me from eating say...Hyena jerky...lol.

8 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

No worries. My grandmother, who lives in VA, came to Queens for a visit in 94. I took them to an Indian restaurant that had Lambs Head on the menu. I was kidding with her and said I was going to order it for the table. She got up to start leaving until I talked her down from the ledge, both of us laughing of course but she wasn't playing.. My palatte is so all over the place that even my wife won't accompany me at times when I go out to eat. So...ya...no offense taken...everyone can't be like me cause it's guys like u that have more culinary common sense than me that keeps guys like me from eating say...Hyena jerky...lol.

I would have happily ordered the lamb's head. The cheeks of any animal are among the best parts - lamb cheeks, halibut cheeks....

Down here we have hog's head cheese. It's not really cheese, but it's really delicious.

Edited by Nathan_Jr