GreaseSpot Cafe

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

I'm guessing - but I think he may have a bad habit of compartmentalization

You find compartmentalization with all binary thinkers. It often leads to projection. I'm good, they think, do what about my bad aspects, they're not with me so they must be with you. Same thing with being right.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I see determinism as a helper or a friend in all that our brain does, including believing.  We use determinism all the time in every technology.  Our brain uses determinism as a tool or a resource in making decisions, and we can control this to a limited extent.  The fact that we do have SOME control justifies the use of "free will" in describing our decision process.

Word salad. We have freedom of will yet we don't? How does the brain use determinism as a tool for making decisions? 

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I see determinism as a helper or a friend in all that our brain does, including believing. 

:shithitsfan:  :confused:

We use determinism all the time in every technology.

Our brain uses determinism as a tool or a resource in making decisions, and we can control this to a limited extent.

The fact that we do have SOME control justifies the use of "free will" in describing our decision process.

Bull-Shonta gone loco X 4 = OU812

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

Word salad. We have freedom of will yet we don't? How does the brain use determinism as a tool for making decisions? 

The same way the stomach uses determinism to digest food.

When you look at anything in the human body with Chemistry and Microbiology, then determinism rules all the processes. 

*/*/*/*

We have freedom, but we have to work for it.

Politically, freedom is expensive and it works that way in the brain also.

Freedom of will is costly, and sometimes we fail to come up with the cash.

Everyone knows that breaking a habit is riddled with failure. It  takes extraordinary effort to break a habit, usually.

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

And I thought BR549 was the phone number of a used car lot.

And it’s that too in a Hee Haw idiom of admission from the ancient Piece-of-Shonta text - and I doth quote: it’s already been freely determined by the rarely used PFAL law of comedy reinterpreting itself exceedingly above beyond belief with and without distinction when being held in abeyance, albeit in a pig’s eye before eek except after geeks or when flipping off the bird like “the word” is a turd.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

When you look at anything in the human body with Chemistry and Microbiology, then determinism rules all the processes. 

*/*/*/*

Everyone knows that breaking a habit is riddled with failure. It  takes extraordinary effort to break a habit, usually.

In the same way my body has elimination systems....yeah....that's where this bullshonta goes.

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

PFAL law of comedy reinterpreting itself

OMG --- PFLAP not only intreprets itself but it RE-intreprets itself...holy shonta Bat $h!t Crazy Man! Who woulda ever thunk! I need to go register to take PFLAP today...although, I would rather take PFLAP Tomorrow, because the one they just put out, that's much smaller than the original stolen class because all traces of plagairizm have been removed, will likely flop anyway and join The Way of Abundance and Power© in the dustbins of TWI failed classes/efforts to pull in former standing believers that they kicked out many years ago..

I mean what does the back of the post card really say...."that bad MOGFODAT that demanded your loyalty, slept with your wife, marked/avoided you and ruined your life is gone...dont you wanna come home?"

Edited by OldSkool
Lots of Shonta

5 hours ago, Mike said:

*/*/*/*

Right.  My stomach eats McDonalds, breaks out into hives, and causes dry heaves.

But for some it is their staple food.

Theres an example of that going on here.  Any point outside of VP and PFAL worship your stomach rejects you disappear into the bathroom for a couple days, then re appear in fresh clothes with a new Schtick.

No logic or reasoning involved.  Just avoidance and re approach.

7 hours ago, So_crates said:

You find compartmentalization with all binary thinkers. It often leads to projection. I'm good, they think, do what about my bad aspects, they're not with me so they must be with you. Same thing with being right.

For this type of mind, Plato’s cave is perfect.  Push play DVD Jesus.  Ask your overseer for direction in everything in life.  Reduce amount of decisions you have to make.

minFW.

Drop kick me Jesus thru the goalposts of life lol.

Guys I think I might just have a different viewpoint than a lot of the discussion going on here.

Yes I can feel it formulating and percolating.  I’m gonna discuss it with my own inner circle of neuroscientists that I have on speed dial or I can just wait to bring it up in our panel discussions that we have had in my mind for the past 20 years.

Are you ready?

ok

Its called maxFW.  It’s the latest craze all the neuroscientists are Gaga over it.

Heres how it works.

Step 1.  I maximize the freedom of will in my religious choices

Step 2 I send postcards to the Way about how much I’m enjoying my freedom of will.

Step 3 I really don’t do step 2 because I don’t give a f.

Maybe Andrew Huberman will have me on his podcast where I can engage audiences with this brilliance for about three and a half minutes.

:wave:

1 minute ago, waysider said:

fixed that for you

It’s a weird dilemma they don’t care like the Mormons don’t care about CESletter.org.

They would never respond in a million years, take any responsibility in 2 million or apologize for people being hurt in 3 million.

Why?  Because the only external seat on the board is an imaginary one and it is filled by a lawyer.

But they print it out and pile it on Presidents desks.  

Conclusion:

They don’t care about the truth except the extent in which it exposes them then they care about hiding it.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Does the stomach use determinism to digest food?

Something is fundamentally wrong with this sentence. Mike, as with thousands of your sentences, the composition is flawed, cumbersome. Consider usage, word choice, syntax, meaning.

You love to blame others for not absorbing or understanding what you write, but you persist in these meaningless sentences. It's up to you to communicate clearly and effectively. It's not reasonable to expect your audience to figure out what you mean when you can't even compose a meaningful sentence. 

(I've interpreted this sentence into three different tongues. Still. No dice.)

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves

11 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Is determinism synonymous with acid? I mean....I thought gastric acids digested food...Mike rewrites the universe...go head playa

32 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Not literally.
The stomach uses chemicals to digest food.

The chemicals follow the laws of chemistry and physics.

If you learn to understand chemistry and physics you will simultaneously learn what determinism is.

How well did you do in H.S. Chemistry?

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Guys I think I might just have a different viewpoint than a lot of the discussion going on here.

Yes I can feel it formulating and percolating.  I’m gonna discuss it with my own inner circle of neuroscientists that I have on speed dial or I can just wait to bring it up in our panel discussions that we have had in my mind for the past 20 years.

Are you ready?

ok

Its called maxFW.  It’s the latest craze all the neuroscientists are Gaga over it.

Heres how it works.

Step 1.  I maximize the freedom of will in my religious choices

Step 2 I send postcards to the Way about how much I’m enjoying my freedom of will.

Step 3 I really don’t do step 2 because I don’t give a f.

Maybe Andrew Huberman will have me on his podcast where I can engage audiences with this brilliance for about three and a half minutes.

:wave:

If you had read my chapters with any thoroughness and understanding you would have realized that maxFW was invented 1000 years ago (probably by Thomas Aquinas). 

Today this maxFW it is called classical free will, Libertarian Free Will, and Contra-Causal Free Will. 

When you study the details of this common, everyday maxFW you will see that it is magical, mystical, and pretty much in line with what the devil promised Eve would get from apple nutrition.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not literally.
The stomach uses chemicals to digest food.

The chemicals follow the laws of chemistry and physics.

If you learn to understand chemistry and physics you will simultaneously learn what determinism is.

How well did you do in H.S. Chemistry?

You're deflecting. Learn how to compose a sentence. I know exactly what determinism is. It's not limited to chemistry and physics. Not sure why you insist on leaving biology out of the mix. 

I did ok. Honors Chemistry II. Not AP like you. Don't remember why I elected to take it. It was hard. I was better at English and History and Latin.

Edited by Nathan_Jr

15 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

You're deflecting. Learn how to compose a sentence. I know exactly what determinism is. It's not limited to chemistry and physics. Not sure why you insist on leaving biology out of the mix. 

I did ok. Honors Chemistry II. Not AP like you. Don't remember why I elected to take it. It was hard. I was better at English and History and Latin.

Not deflecting.  Read my chapter 5 on determinism.