GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to come home? Postcard

Belle

16 minutes ago, chockfull said:

So it was a different group with the same tactics then.  Sorry all things look similar from a certain elevation lol.

Your birth was a miracle.  I’m sorry if I don’t believe that is a unique thing.  But beyond that awesome that you being born was a medical emergency miracle!

I am believing that is fricken fantastic.

I don’t think it has to do with masked occult mind control laws personally though.  Maybe the missionaries had a different perspective.

Did they leave you with a token of some sort?

Have you seen "Stepword Wives"?  Did they butcher the kids at the end?  I was confused about that.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:57 AM, chockfull said:

OMG.  We so totally need to do a contest to fill in the back of the card.  I already saw some fantastic candidates.

”the MOGFODAT is dead everyone is safe now”

”the lawsuits are over and we are Labor Dept compliant now”

”what else are you gonna do with the 40 hours a week of free thinking time you have outside your job”

Heres a few.

But I also trust when the rest of GS gets on a roll moving their mouth lips tongues and posting tools it results in hilarity.  And that for me is somewhat therapeutic I’m not gonna lie.

“Don’t forget to bring your check book. Remember abundant sharing?”                       
“Marked & Avoided? We can work things out.”                
“Women remember your leadership need serving.”      
“Bring cash for any classes you haven’t taken yet.”

32 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

and if you forget to bring your nametag - don't worry about it...we really don't care who you are anyway

2 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

We will be organizing a witnessing weekend every week this month to meet our class quota where we will be striving to run a class a number of times a year.

The BOD have lovingly granted us extra time on our exception to put the class together and we are now officially allowed to call the old non grads new students to meet the standard so we can run a new class.

We really know you miss moving the Word over the World.

We are trying really hard to come up with a service oriented slogan that will attract your money, I mean you back.

God bless, you are the best!  Lifelines

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, yourmom said:

I have a family member who recently received one of these.  Do we have a headcount on unfortunate recipients??  Any other insights as to the logic / mechanisms of this last ditch effort for renewed followership??

They probably sell them in the bookstore and it's people sending them.  Or something like that.

I’m here because I received a similar card in the mail today. The front with “Time to come home?” features a garden with fountains I can’t remember the name of at HQ, and the back says “Home is where the word lives. Come and see it’s a new day at The Way.” Yeah, no thanks.

Before we left in ’94 after 10+ years, they said “we had to be strong to hang with the ministry.” No, we had to be strong to LEAVE that manipulative cult, as it was almost our entire social circle, besides the whole “grease spot” brainwashing. Thank GOD we didn’t ditch our friends and family outside The Way as instructed, or we’d have had nobody left when we exited the ministry.

Yes, we’re thankful for the Word we learned, but the seemingly overnight 180° turn from “nothing is mandatory, but that nothing is mandatory” to “you WILL go to twig three days each week, you Will attend Sunday night service once a month, you WILL get the magazine and the Sunday night service tapes, you WILL sign up for the advanced class,” etc., etc., made us highly suspicious. The final straw was telling my wife she wasn’t welcome in the ministry anymore as she wasn’t “advancing fast enough,” while I would be allowed to stay. This would have effectively ended our 19-year marriage, so I told them right then and there “nope, we’re out of here” and never looked back. The fact they regarded her advancement in the ministry more important than our “’till death do us part” commitment spoke volumes.

Come back to The Way? I wouldn’t urinate on it if it was on fire.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Before we left in ’94 after 10+ years, they said “we had to be strong to hang with the ministry.” No, we had to be strong to LEAVE that manipulative cult, as it was almost our entire social circle, besides the whole “grease spot” brainwashing. Thank GOD we didn’t ditch our friends and family outside The Way as instructed, or we’d have had nobody left when we exited the ministry.

welcome to Grease Spot, Anonymouse !

Yes - you have to be strong to leave a harmful and controlling cult!

Glad you didn't ditch non-TWI friends and family like I did - it makes the journey out lonely

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

I’m here because I received a similar card in the mail today. The front with “Time to come home?” features a garden with fountains I can’t remember the name of at HQ, and the back says “Home is where the word lives. Come and see it’s a new day at The Way.” Yeah, no thanks.

Yes, we’re thankful for the Word we learned, but the seemingly overnight 180° turn from “nothing is mandatory, but that nothing is mandatory” to “you WILL go to twig three days each week, you Will attend Sunday night service once a month, you WILL get the magazine and the Sunday night service tapes, you WILL sign up for the advanced class,” etc., etc., made us highly suspicious. The final straw was telling my wife she wasn’t welcome in the ministry anymore as she wasn’t “advancing fast enough,” while I would be allowed to stay. This would have effectively ended our 19-year marriage, so I told them right then and there “nope, we’re out of here” and never looked back. The fact they regarded her advancement in the ministry more important than our “’till death do us part” commitment spoke volumes.

Come back to The Way? I wouldn’t urinate on it if it was on fire.

Abusers are insidious people.

They start by love bombing to get you hooked. Once you're hooked they start attacking your self-esteem. When you've had enough and leave, it can go one of two ways.

If they feel they can't get anything else out of you, they'll let you go and give you the silent treatment.

However, if they feel they can get more out of you, they shift back to the love bombing phase, promising this time it'll be different. It is different, until they have you hooked again, then the cycle starts anew.

Sounds like the ministry is in the remember what it was like love bombing phase.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

The front with “Time to come home?” features a garden with fountains I can’t remember the name of at HQ, and the back says “Home is where the word lives. Come and see it’s a new day at The Way.” Yeah, no thanks.

Probably the "Fountain of Living Waters" near where they have the plagiarizing, alcoholic, adulterer buried.

13 hours ago, yourmom said:

@Chockfull - your guess would make sense with me, but it's definitely from a mail distribution list (typewritten address, 'non-profit/postage paid' within the stamp corner). 

Wow.  So it seems targeted.  How would this work?  Well they would have to divide up the mailing list they have.  And have classifications.  So the mark and avoid people like those they suspect of posting on GS aren’t sent one.  And those the BOD has shunned like the RnR folks aren’t sent one.  And probably ex Corps aren’t sent one.  

They are looking for compliant tithing followers.  Ones who don’t do research and send it in, or who don’t challenge any of the Ways operating methods or tactics.  Definitely not those who call for published books in finances to see all the spending and salaries attached to these Pharisees operations.

This would be more surprising if the tactic isn’t already used and overused in the Mormon religion.  

From what I’ve read it is almost impossible to remove yourself from the Mormon rolls once you have been baptized.  

Bishops who are the richest Mormons serve in a volunteer calling.  Numbers matter to their internal ascension.  So they sick the Mormon missionaries on ex members.  Call them all the time.  The missionaries have a quota to fill about how many times they share their testimony so that matches up well with pairing them with ex Mormons who “have lost their testimony”.

They will nag people to the point of angered response.

So no “come on home” is not a new tactic.  It is a strategic action meant to increase the Ways bottom line.  While it may be the first time in history you have ever seen this kind of action out of TWI it is the exact same cult tactic employed by the largest most successful cult with 17m members.

The exmos even have a defined legal process and help to “remove people from the rolls”.  They share how it doesn’t work all the time but is the best option available.

Be ready for Way Ambassadors helping you to “regain your testimony”.  Or for that terminology to start creeping in.

For anyone wanting to see any of this I just joined the /r exmormon Reddit channel and they post there.

Edited by chockfull

Heh heh, all of us here have well "shared our testimony."  I don't think it's the testimony TWI will want shared with potential new recruits.  Or with current members who want to call us back to Wayland.

In addition to the “come on home” pressures to exmos from people who are “in” there is tremendous familial pressure to not “lose your testimony” about the warm feeling you got when you heard about Joseph Smiths hat tricks.

That religion is probably a little worse because their beliefs about the Celestial Kingdom involve being with your family forever so those pesky kids that lose their testimony are getting in the way of their eternal ascension.

But I see the same level of familial pressure on some posters here at GS.

8 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Heh heh, all of us here have well "shared our testimony."  I don't think it's the testimony TWI will want shared with potential new recruits.  Or with current members who want to call us back to Wayland.

Yes we are not getting a postcard lol.

BRB have to go get over my major disappointment in life at not being on a TWI mailing list.  :biglaugh:

We are still here and still telling the unpopular truth.

They even have an active troll to distract and obfuscate here.  It doesn’t matter.  I’m still telling the truth and that is still their worst nightmare because their existence in life is to whitewash the truth so they maintain their Machiavellian power that they so desired and prostituted themselves for spiritually.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Wow.  So it seems targeted.  How would this work?  Well they would have to divide up the mailing list they have.  And have classifications.  So the mark and avoid people like those they suspect of posting on GS aren’t sent one.  And those the BOD has shunned like the RnR folks aren’t sent one.  And probably ex Corps aren’t sent one.  

I heard from a friend on FB yesterday, a friend who has posted prominently on GSC, about having received one of those postcards.

While probably would make sense for twi to filter the mailing list as you suggested, I don't think the cult is currently sophisticated enough to figure out such targeting for the mailing.

How do they know who to send these postcards to, anyway?  If someone's been kicked out, especially out of the WC, who knows where that person might have departed to - and where those individuals might be now, several if not many, years later.

Please don't tell me that they have a "research department" to research where ex-Wayfers are now living - by trawling through phone records, previous addresses, any recorded next of kin for ex-Wayfers, and contacting current Wayfers in the last known state.  That would be akin to stalking.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Twinky said:

How do they know who to send these postcards to, anyway?  If someone's been kicked out, especially out of the WC, who knows where that person might have departed to - and where those individuals might be now, several if not many, years later.

Please don't tell me that they have a "research department" to research where ex-Wayfers are now living - by trawling through phone records, previous addresses, any recorded next of kin for ex-Wayfers, and contacting current Wayfers in the last known state.  That would be akin to stalking.

The friend, to whom I referred in my comment earlier, intuitively noted he has lived in the same house for too long a time. I don't believe twi is anywhere near sophisticated enough to do such research. :wink2:

In fact, the mere fact they are doing this seems to belie a definite fiscal desperation, as others have noted.