GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to come home? Postcard

Belle

45 minutes ago, Rocky said:

The friend, to whom I referred in my comment earlier, intuitively noted he has lived in the same house for too long a time. I don't believe twi is anywhere near sophisticated enough to do such research. :wink2:

In fact, the mere fact they are doing this seems to belie a definite fiscal desperation, as others have noted.

I don't know for sure, but I would say they are using old personal records...yes they keep files on people.

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I don't know for sure, but I would say they are using old personal records...yes they keep files on people.

Yeah, I know they've kept lists of PFLAP grads. That's how I figured they'd been doing it... without using any database/filter techniques. I doubt they have a current address for me, however. :wink2: I told them to take me off of mailing lists at least 30 years ago.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Yeah, I know they've kept lists of PFLAP grads. That's how I figured they'd been doing it... without using any database/filter techniques. I doubt they have a current address for me, however. :wink2: I told them to take me off of mailing lists at least 30 years ago.

Six Degrees of Separation

I used to search people on The Book of Life to filter calls I received.  They keep records to know if a caller is standing or MA'd and such.

It's interesting.  People have received this postcard and it has brought some old posters back to this site, people who haven't been seen in a while.  Perhaps they have been lurking, watching without posting.

Would be good if we could get the database that TWI is using, and send everyone The Other Side (GSC) postcards :evilshades: . Not going to happen, of course.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Six Degrees of Separation

I used to search people on The Book of Life to filter calls I received.  They keep records to know if a caller is standing or MA'd and such.

What organization calls their records “the book of Life”? 

One that acknowledges other Christians or one that does not acknowledge other Christians?

A denomination of Christianity or a cult established upon exclusive control of the individual?

Little things that are “fruit” tell you a lot about big things.

51 minutes ago, chockfull said:

What organization calls their records “the book of Life”? 

One that acknowledges other Christians or one that does not acknowledge other Christians?

A denomination of Christianity or a cult established upon exclusive control of the individual?

Little things that are “fruit” tell you a lot about big things.

The postcard reminds me of death.

I'm sure there's a lot of folks out their who just want to see familiar faces one more time.

Edited by Bolshevik
Book of grammar

3 hours ago, Twinky said:

Would be good if we could get the database that TWI is using, and send everyone The Other Side (GSC) postcards :evilshades: .

I’ve got an idea for the postcard…kinda reminds me of the Indiana campus

A hell of a place to hale from

do5KQG7BxpBMbHtkyRh4EqbJInm.jpg

Well it seems they took our criticism of the fog path postcard and have upgraded it to the burial site of the charlatan.

The fountain of dead wineskins.

I think the most appropriate response would be to send a postcard back with a person in pensive thought with the question

”Time to Change?”

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chockfull said:

Well it seems they took our criticism of the fog path postcard and have upgraded it to the burial site of the charlatan.

The fountain of dead wineskins.

I think the most appropriate response would be to send a postcard back with a person in pensive thought with the question

”Time to Change?”

What matters is the response, not the reaction to the response.

I love chockful's idea.

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Rearranging the deck chairs on the HMS Titanic didn't count as change, either.  (Even without using string to arrange the chairs.)

Therein lies the problem, cmon...everyone know you HAVE to use string to arrange the chairs! I mean those few minutes before Big Bertha sits in the front row and demolishes half a row of perfectly straight chairs is nirvana...

:jump:

I have NEVER been anywhere or seen anyone else string chairs outside the way international. I recently setup a banquet room for a funeral Repass. Didnt string one table or chair and it looked oh so great and I wasnt the least bit disturbed when Big Bertha took out half a table when she sat down...lol

They have my new address because I ordered from the bookstore recently. Im still waiting on my post card. They know exactly who I am...lol...guess I was marked and avoided for my GSC activities....Guess I shouldnt wait by the mailbox too long.

IMG_0605.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

IMG_0605.jpg

I love the picture !!!!

And in other news…

Though it was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and the mail was being held in abeyance,

longstanding grads (some had to be propped up) patiently await the arrival of mail from HQ.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

longstanding grads

I love this choice of words in relation to the pic my wife recently took of me waiting by the mailbox I posted...

Edited by OldSkool

9 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Rearranging the deck chairs on the HMS Titanic didn't count as change, either.  (Even without using string to arrange the chairs.)

Yes we would consider doubling down on no research and the 1942 promise and redoing PFAL while marking and avoiding your peers who had viable changes suggested as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

No substantive change in any sense.  Same structure same whitewashing same denials same false statement of beliefs to draw in unsuspecting Christians looking for a church.

Actually the change in evidence is in returning to VPWs work as opposed to discarding it and going in a new direction dictated by scripture.  So the change they are enacting is in exactly the wrong direction.  Because they are too blind to see the direction.

They aren’t able to do this because they have never changed the organization to support genuine Biblical research.  The only type ever done is re-search assuming you have the 1942 promise as a given then constructing logic from there.

One more version of an old wineskin does not comprise change.

Edited by chockfull

On 1/15/2023 at 11:38 AM, Rocky said:

I heard from a friend on FB yesterday, a friend who has posted prominently on GSC, about having received one of those postcards.

While probably would make sense for twi to filter the mailing list as you suggested, I don't think the cult is currently sophisticated enough to figure out such targeting for the mailing.

So you don’t think they have specific flag fields in “the book of life” for the purpose of indicating the status of the person on the record?

You don’t think they maintain an active distinction in “status” between “inactive” and some form of “mark and avoid”?

I disagree and feel that what they call their record book and the status fields they enter in there absolutely define a cult.  There’s a picture of an old computer interacting with the “book of life” as well as personal accounts of people interacting with it.  It is a real thing that they hide from their followers to lessen the impact.

Just now, chockfull said:

So you don’t think they have specific flag fields in “the book of life” for the purpose of indicating the status of the person on the record?

You don’t think they maintain an active distinction in “status” between “inactive” and some form of “mark and avoid”?

I disagree and feel that what they call their record book and the status fields they enter in there absolutely define a cult.  There’s a picture of an old computer interacting with the “book of life” as well as personal accounts of people interacting with it.  It is a real thing that they hide from their followers to lessen the impact.

Last I knew they used an AS400 mainframe for such matters.

24 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I think I indicated I spent time, often playing on The Book of Life, just looking up random people.

Other times I would receive angry calls at 2 am, look the person up, and see if they were M&A or something else.  (Other times nut-jobs would show up on HQ grounds in person at all hours).

Yes they know if you are on the "naughty list" and other info.  But I think Rocky was saying people move a lot and mailing addresses are hard to maintain over decades at times.  I don't know that The Book of Life was connected to the internet or anything.  Just old technology with the green cursor box.