GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to come home? Postcard

Belle

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I think I indicated I spent time, often playing on The Book of Life, just looking up random people.

Other times I would receive angry calls at 2 am, look the person up, and see if they were M&A or something else.  (Other times nut-jobs would show up on HQ grounds in person at all hours).

Yes they know if you are on the "naughty list" and other info.  But I think Rocky was saying people move a lot and mailing addresses are hard to maintain over decades at times.  I don't know that The Book of Life was connected to the internet or anything.  Just old technology with the green cursor box.

I think every time you say “Book of Life” associated with the Ways books I can see Jesus facepalming.

I think the bema for Way leaders is gonna be nicknamed Facepalm Sunday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chockfull said:

I think every time you say “Book of Life” associated with the Ways books I can see Jesus facepalming.

I think the bema for Way leaders is gonna be nicknamed Facepalm Sunday.

:biglaugh:

ahh . . . I was palm reading the Book of Life . . . based on the number of classes you've taken and the years active I can see your future

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Last I knew they used an AS400 mainframe for such matters.

Yeah tying threads together - their old AS/400 is their main computer system.  It has the terminal interfaces like the picture Bolsh showed.

This was a mid range computer in the 90s.  It is a small business computer from 30 years ago.  I doubt they’ve updated it.  The main guy in charge of all that was a class teacher that left over the lack of a research department, thus producing the need for PFLAP-T.

No it’s not connected to the internet as Rocky said.  Yes it does have status fields.

Here someone ran a job to output a list.  

That list was imported into a label printing package on a PC and labels were printed for addresses then it was sent out non profit bulk costing them next to nothing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chockfull said:

So you don’t think they have specific flag fields in “the book of life” for the purpose of indicating the status of the person on the record?

I didn't say that... I just don't see them as being very sophisticated.

30 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I didn't say that... I just don't see them as being very sophisticated.

They were in the stone ages as of 2008. Judging from their website they have tapped some young talent that understands social media and such. I highly doubt they actually track anybody online but who knows anymore. My guess is they used information off their AS400 to send the postcards. Who knows...maybe they replaced that archaic relic...but I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

Here's some philosophical wisdom that readers may or may not relate to, but I see it definitely as concerns twi:

dont-cling-on-to-a-mistake-just-because-

There is SOOOOOOOOOO much more knowledge about so SOOOOOOOOOOOO many, many things in life today than there were when we were enchained by TWI.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, OldSkool said:

They were in the stone ages as of 2008. Judging from their website they have tapped some young talent that understands social media and such. I highly doubt they actually track anybody online but who knows anymore. My guess is they used information off their AS400 to send the postcards. Who knows...maybe they replaced that archaic relic...but I doubt it.

Yes in contrast to RR who was a technophobe the current group embraces tech.

What I see is they are expanding the whitewash campaign to several propped up websites they didn’t used to own.  They are stuffing those sites full of basic teachings.  They aren’t normal sites but content propped sites. 

It’s more like “Operation Whitewash”.    They are trying to push down critical sites like ours here at GSC so they don’t come up on website searches as high.  

It’s not working because the content is faked and the search engines are too smart.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yes in contrast to RR who was a technophobe the current group embraces tech.

What I see is they are expanding the whitewash campaign to several propped up websites they didn’t used to own.  They are stuffing those sites full of basic teachings.  They aren’t normal sites but content propped sites. 

It’s more like “Operation Whitewash”.    They are trying to push down critical sites like ours here at GSC so they don’t come up on website searches as high.  

It’s not working because the content is faked and the search engines are too smart.

All that effort spent and all so they can deify wierwille and maintain the vpw preservation society. Crazy. Thank God I'm out of that place and have the best relationship with God I've ever had 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

All that effort spent and all so they can deify wierwille and maintain the vpw preservation society. Crazy. Thank God I'm out of that place and have the best relationship with God I've ever had 

Yeah any Christian relationship is better away from them.  Take the class go WOW go Corps climb that Way Tree ladder that’s the most damaging path a young person could take.

Countless scores of people wind up on the other end of that garbage chute with destroyed finances, career, marriages, family and no ties to community.

It is a waste of lives to fulfill an arbitrary goal that makes top Pharisees feel better about themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

Yeah any Christian relationship is better away from them.  Take the class go WOW go Corps climb that Way Tree ladder that’s the most damaging path a young person could take.

Countless scores of people wind up on the other end of that garbage chute with destroyed finances, career, marriages, family and no ties to community.

It is a waste of lives to fulfill an arbitrary goal that makes top Pharisees feel better about themselves.

Im 100% with you on the entire post but the part I put in bold was exactly where I found myself once I fell out of favor and hit the exit back in 2008. It all resulted in sever depression, anxiety, and alcohol abuse to numb it all out. While I take full responsibility for all of my actions, especially the alcohol abuse, I was set on a path of ruin from the get go. And because of the law of believing garbage I was unable to accept loss and move on --- that would have been a negative confession. And if it took all of that for me to be where I am today then so be it because I have a REALLY good life and am very thankful and happy. Peace!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Im 100% with you on the entire post but the part I put in bold was exactly where I found myself once I fell out of favor and hit the exit back in 2008. It all resulted in sever depression, anxiety, and alcohol abuse to numb it all out. While I take full responsibility for all of my actions, especially the alcohol abuse, I was set on a path of ruin from the get go. And because of the law of believing garbage I was unable to accept loss and move on --- that would have been a negative confession. And if it took all of that for me to be where I am today then so be it because I have a REALLY good life and am very thankful and happy. Peace!

Yes they tried to gaslight us into having marriage problems like they have done with so many couples.  Gaslight, attack, drop from Corps and make them go back thru.  You see absolute cult control is a stronger bond than marriage.

It backfired on them.  We went to a very qualified marriage counselor who basically told us the only problem with our marriage was these gaslighting arseholes.

Amazingly once we dumped those from our lives and no longer listened to the gaslighters our lives improved amazingly for the better.

Dropping the cult Bible interpretations we much more easily developed friendships in our community and with many local Christians.  All of the other areas in our lives also improved.

I guess from my life lessons if you want an abundant life or power stay as far away from the PFLAP cult that you can.  And don’t believe one Word that the Pharisees tell you about your life.

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yes they tried to gaslight us into having marriage problems like they have done with so many couples.  Gaslight, attack, drop from Corps and make them go back thru.  You see absolute cult control is a stronger bond than marriage.

It backfired on them.  We went to a very qualified marriage counselor who basically told us the only problem with our marriage was these gaslighting arseholes.

Amazingly once we dumped those from our lives and no longer listened to the gaslighters our lives improved amazingly for the better.

Dropping the cult Bible interpretations we much more easily developed friendships in our community and with many local Christians.  All of the other areas in our lives also improved.

I guess from my life lessons if you want an abundant life or power stay as far away from the PFLAP cult that you can.  And don’t believe one Word that the Pharisees tell you about your life.

Kudos for keeping things together in your marriage, that's not an easy thing to do for way corps after the cult and way corps requirements are removed.

9 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Kudos for keeping things together in your marriage, that's not an easy thing to do for way corps after the cult and way corps requirements are removed.

Yeah some things are bigger than cults.

Family is one of them, especially the one we made on our own outside of them.

Christianity is another.  Let all those isolationist fundamentalist arseholes all move the word cult over the world and leave me alone while I interact with real people in my community.  My Lord’s body is not so narrow minded.

Community is yet another.  People are not a piece of meat for the class or an empty floating by.  Removing the cult mentality means enjoying community with neighbors who are Methodist, Catholic and Community Christian like brothers and sisters in the body of Christ.  Sometimes we attend each others churches and small groups.  Owning a home with a mortgage is a big part of being community paying those taxes and contributing.

Career is another.  Why not enjoy working rather than suffering through it so you can fully give yourself to a volunteer demanding cult position?

I mean why waste our lives on second-rate causes when God has given us richly so many things to enjoy?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chockfull said:

Because CULTS, by definition, isolate and depend for their survival on YOU depending solely on them.

I was surprised to receive the card today myself.....a measly 25 years or so after being marked and annoyed.  What was missing though, was the apology. Not that an apology would make me believe that the real me would be welcome there. It would be quite nostalgic to check the old place out again though.  However, nothing would be worth going back to putting on the blinders.

they no doubt picked this program up from the Roman Catholics, who have been promoting a 'come home' program for some time now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, fredgrant said:

I was surprised to receive the card today myself.....a measly 25 years or so after being marked and annoyed.  What was missing though, was the apology. Not that an apology would make me believe that the real me would be welcome there. It would be quite nostalgic to check the old place out again though.  However, nothing would be worth going back to putting on the blinders.

So you were once labeled M&A and they sent it out to you anyway.  Yes surprising.

8 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

So you were once labeled M&A and they sent it out to you anyway.  Yes surprising.

Fred's comment was ambiguous. He said, "marked and annoyed." He may have meant marked and avoided... or he may have meant that HE got ANNOYED and left. 

22 hours ago, fredgrant said:

they no doubt picked this program up from the Roman Catholics, who have been promoting a 'come home' program for some time now.

Btw, I didn't get one from them either. I was born into an RC family and my father, aunts/uncles/cousins have been laid to rest in a Catholic cemetery in Upstate NY... but I have only rarely been to any masses in the 55 years since having first moved to AZ.

Told i was only welcome under certain conditions and requirements that i will not attempt to specifically recollect here.   No doubt this specific type of situation has been recounted liberally across this site. Though painful and confusing and heart rending at the time, i now see it for the blessing in disguise it was. I truly loved so much about my time with twi, so many of the people, so much of the teaching. How the hell did it turn out to be so rotten inside?!! Love and compassion for people took second, third, or fourth place too often i see now. I hope things have changed, but i don't feel the need or desire to go find out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fredgrant said:

How the hell did it turn out to be so rotten inside?!!

Hmmm... great question. Perhaps Jesus' words as recorded in Matthew chapter 7 might contain some insight.

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

The experience of people like you, Fred, and many others who shared their stories on GSC better reflect the truth of twi ministry than those who might drive down Wierwille Road after turning off of Ohio Highway 29. Or more fairly than what they claim on the infamous GREEN signup card for foundational classes.

AATXAJzIVcwO22jwa-rjK84EpqSg6c0TQUOHinJ3

10 hours ago, fredgrant said:

Told i was only welcome under certain conditions and requirements that i will not attempt to specifically recollect here.   No doubt this specific type of situation has been recounted liberally across this site. Though painful and confusing and heart rending at the time, i now see it for the blessing in disguise it was. I truly loved so much about my time with twi, so many of the people, so much of the teaching. How the hell did it turn out to be so rotten inside?!! Love and compassion for people took second, third, or fourth place too often i see now. I hope things have changed, but i don't feel the need or desire to go find out.

There is a whole myriad of tactics that they use that you probably are not going to hear all of the exact details on because they attack the moral character of the person for their purposes.  There are some stories of some of them around here.  For every one that is told I probably know about 5 more that are not told.

Banning people from fellowship is one of them.  Telling lies to the followers about them that are vague enough to avoid legal charges is another tactic.  Calling them possessed is a real easy one.  Then people are visibly afraid when you encounter them in a grocery store.  F ing with marriages is a real common tactic I know of several couple divorced remarried and gone back thru the Corps.  

I know all the salacious details are real interesting to know about.  But I can’t even begin to describe all the bs Machiavellian bs I have observed first and second hand.