GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to come home? Postcard

Belle

7 hours ago, skyrider said:

Nothing shouts FAILURE more than building an auditorium with an orchestra pit, deluxe rehearsal room, a/v sound room, 1,440 seating capacity…… and very few people, besides staff, show up.

So much for that “spiritual perception and awareness” let alone the “higher powers of the church” (ie wierwille) receiving any type of guidance or revelation.  

Because, after all, according to Mrs Wierwille's book, Victor was a MEAN MAN. :spy:

602547-Seneca-quote.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I received a hand written letter in the mail from a Jehovah's Witness yesterday.  Apparently my new pen pal lives across town.

I don't even know any Jehovah's Witnesses.  But they know me . . . 

I get those once or twice a year. Perhaps it's easier than going door to door. :confused:

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I get those once or twice a year. Perhaps it's easier than going door to door. :confused:

8 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

. . .what? . .  I'm not spacial?  . . . *sniff*

:confused:

Now now fellas....you know were all special in our own special way...some of even have a specialty in being special.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:26 AM, Rocky said:

Because, after all, according to Mrs Wierwille's book, Victor was a MEAN MAN. :spy:

602547-Seneca-quote.jpg

Cats play with their food.  The universe is indifferent.

Is saying all cruelty springs from weakness a projection of responsibility and cause?  Weakness implies some sort of strength is demanded.  From whom?

(Just thinking out loud for discussion sake)

5 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Cats play with their food.  The universe is indifferent.

Is saying all cruelty springs from weakness a projection of responsibility and cause?  Weakness implies some sort of strength is demanded.  From whom?

(Just thinking out loud for discussion sake)

I don't see "cruelty springs from weakness" as anything other than an aphorism from an ancient philosopher. If Seneca actually said/wrote it, I surmise he had experience observing and reflecting on such cruelty.

I posted it because I had been one target of wierwille's cruel and unfounded rage while in residence in the 9th corpse and therefore I could relate to the apparent wisdom.

• 3 months later...

So in the Way mag May June 2023 there is a “Word Over the World Report” entitled “A Time to Come Home”.

This highlights the BOD deciding a year ago on a new campaign A Time To Come Home a strategic plan to reach out to former Way Int followers and invite them to “come and see”.

The scriptures quoted here are from 2 Chronicles 30 where Hezekiah sent letters to all Israel and Judah saying they should come to the house of the Lord at Jerusalem and keep the Passover.

Rom 12 is also quoted referencing one body of Christ.

So clearly the BOD has an unspoken view of themselves along with HQ as “Jerusalem” and can quote one body of Christ while translating it into a cult view with zero remorse or even a second breath.

To correct this doctrinal and practical error, first HQ is not Jerusalem where God had his physical center in one location.  By the Ways own teaching this is not written to the modern day church.  Yet that doesn’t matter one iota in building images of HQ as “Jerusalem”.  If that were the case then there would be no need for other denominations in the body of Christ to have centers themselves.  But they twist scripture even while trying ti share the most benign verses.

Next, seriously how can you be so blind to quote Rom 12 about one body of Christ out of one side of your mouth, then completely discounting 95% of the actual body of Christ including your former followers out of the other side of your mouth?

Dont trust lying words in magazines whose design is to carry you off captive.

The campaigns designed behind closed doors are for one purpose only - to benefit one organization and its leaders.

Blind guides lead others into ditches.

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 2

My wife and I each got a card in the mail. That must be joking, I mean seriously? We have come so far ahead of that twi teaching they would not grasp any kind of reality that is truth.

Not that any of them might want to actually learn anything from god. They are stuck in a narrow analytical world of a few books.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chockfull said:

So clearly the BOD has an unspoken view of themselves along with HQ as “Jerusalem”

Which is appropriate in an ironic sort of poetic justice kinda way considering they are pharisees in practice and HQ is rife with all sorts of cultic legalism.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redrock and blues said:

I guess all you M&As are "forgiven" if you've been invited to "come & see".   From what I hear, they won't even let you drive by the place.  But then again, why would you want to?

Unless you are me and they know you post on GSC. They know who I am and after I ordered from their bookstore they have my address, not that I care, but thankfully theyve never sent me one of their post cards. I agree with you though, why would anyone desire to go back into bondage?

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cman said:

My wife and I each got a card in the mail. That must be joking, I mean seriously? We have come so far ahead of that twi teaching they would not grasp any kind of reality that is truth.

Not that any of them might want to actually learn anything from god. They are stuck in a narrow analytical world of a few books.

And it's a sad place to see anybody still stuck in blatant error and cult land out in the cornfields. Those books they esteem so highly even superced scripture to them as they let their books define scripture. Sad. Those few books are considered proven ministry research according to them and as such are above question and treated as gospel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redrock and blues said:

I guess all you M&As are "forgiven" if you've been invited to "come & see".   From what I hear, they won't even let you drive by the place.  But then again, why would you want to?

I guess I must be in purgatory then lol.  Not MA but not welcome either.

I love how their grandiose self centered views show forth in the scriptures they use to justify them.  

I mean why don’t they dust off those musty rear ends and get out in the greater Christian community and “see what is going on there” ????#!?

I mean I already know what is going on there.  Ads on YouTube with staff members tossing a ball to each other and catching it.  Promos for their programs all which keep the machine running.  Teachings heavy on tradition with stolen poems about Way Corps that talk about not having dull heavy handed traditions.  Molten statues for all to fall on their knees before.

I mean there is a major breakout of Mikeitis there at HQ with tens and hundreds of ostriches all burying the heads to not see what they don’t want to see.

• Like 1

Huh, nobody's sent me one.  But why would they?  They don't have any address that's even remotely relevant.

But if they did... perhaps I would return it with the invitation, "Come on back - to the wider Christian community."  Come to church with me for a month or so.  See what my church teaches.  See what the congregation do to reach out to others, and to help the community generally.  See what the Christian community in my city, comprising many denominations, does, to help not just the Christian community, but the entire city - believers or not.  See how we engage with those around us.  See the help, healing, deliverance available to all.

And then tell me you can do it better.  Yeah, right.  :evildenk:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Huh, nobody's sent me one.  But why would they?  They don't have any address that's even remotely relevant.

But if they did... perhaps I would return it with the invitation, "Come on back - to the wider Christian community."  Come to church with me for a month or so.  See what my church teaches.  See what the congregation do to reach out to others, and to help the community generally.  See what the Christian community in my city, comprising many denominations, does, to help not just the Christian community, but the entire city - believers or not.  See how we engage with those around us.  See the help, healing, deliverance available to all.

And then tell me you can do it better.  Yeah, right.  :evildenk:

Every one of the comments posted today has poignant and salient insight. EVERY one of them. It warms my heart to have read each of them. :love3:

The only thing I could possible think to add to this chorus of rejoicing is how thankful I am and obviously all of us are to have been delivered from that cesspool of wrong doctrine (dogma) and faulty practice. Thank you to Chockfull, red rock and blues, cman, Old Skool, and Twinky... and any others who may add to the rejoicing.

We ARE greater than the sum of our parts. :wave::dance: 

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

[ puh-roh-kee-uhl ]
adjective
of, relating to, or financially supported by one or more church parishes: parochial churches in Great Britain.
of or relating to parochial schools or the education they provide.
very limited or narrow in scope or outlook; provincial: parochial views; a parochial mentality.

60 years ago or so, I attended a couple of parochial schools. In my home town (same town in which George Eastman made his fortune and disrupted how people VIEW the world around them), parochial schools were Catholic schools. Susan B Anthony settled in the same town and disrupted societal order by leading the WAY to women's suffrage.

Clearly, TWI (the cult/religion started by Victor Wierwille) demonstrates still a very limited or narrow outlook, in fact an apparently narcissistic outlook on the Bible and their relation to it.

GSC, OTOH, broadens the Wierwille-ite perspective. And I'm very thankful for the people who have shined light on the path out of said narrow and narcissistic outlook on the Bible. Selah. 

16 hours ago, redrock and blues said:

It's unclear to me if they sent M&A people these cards; be good to find out.    I got one but was never labeled as M&A.    

So, let me see if I can break this down. 

I left my real home to move to some fake home and eventually figured out the fake home was a scam and that they had ulterior motives. But now, I can't go back to my real home because it no longer exists. So, the fake home says, "Hey, no problem. Come back here and we'll pretend we're your real home again, just like we did before."

No thanks. I'll take a hard pass on that one.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

So, let me see if I can break this down. 

I left my real home to move to some fake home and eventually figured out the fake home was a scam and that they had ulterior motives. But now, I can't go back to my real home because it no longer exists. So, the fake home says, "Hey, no problem. Come back here and we'll pretend we're your real home again, just like we did before."

No thanks. I'll take a hard pass on that one.

Ditto....but these guys never quit...the ran the majority of people off then try a weak love bombing based come home campaign and act like nothing ever really happened. They ruined people's lives with a multitude of bums rushes and now they want folks to just come back cause the board of dummies says so. No thanks.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1