GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to come home? Postcard

Belle

5 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Ditto....but these guys never quit...the ran the majority of people off then try a weak love bombing based come home campaign and act like nothing ever really happened. They ruined people's lives with a multitude of bums rushes and now they want folks to just come back cause the board of dummies says so. No thanks.

That's the real kicker in this.  It's like their way of saying, "If what you're saying about vp, lcm and twi are true, let's just pretend what they did never happened." or "What you're saying about vp, lcm and twi is not true and never have been true, but we'll pretend you never said it (yeah right) and we graciously invite you back."

And the egotism lives on... 

Edited by Charity
  • Upvote 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, chockfull said:

The campaigns designed behind closed doors are for one purpose only - to benefit one organization and its leaders.

Chockfull hit the bullseye!  Through the smokescreen of scripture and slick wording, it's all about the money.

2 minutes ago, redrock and blues said:

Chockfull hit the bullseye!  Through the smokescreen of scripture and slick wording, it's all about the money.

Kinda makes me wonder if their coffers have dwindled. They had around $68 million somewhere around 2009.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:43 PM, OldSkool said:

Kinda makes me wonder if their coffers have dwindled. They had around $68 million somewhere around 2009.

Of course it's about money. Those board meetings in the Bahamas aren't cheap.

Come home folks to the new and improved PLAF class (no red curtains and more bs added) and, we know we promised you grads can take the class as many times as you want, but we'll let you sit in on this one for the poultry sum of $100.

13 hours ago, So_crates said:

we'll let you sit in on this one for the poultry sum of $100.

That's cos their class is "chicken sh1t."

(I assume you meant paltry not poultry, but I thought it was funny.

• Upvote 1

From the article:

"a strategic plan to reach out to individuals who once fellowshipped with The Way Ministry, but, for whatever reason, currently do not."

So would those individuals include those who -- for whatever reason - mostly baseless -- were M&A'd, slandered, vilified, abused - and if so, would those people firstly receive an apology from The Way Ministry; and secondly, be welcomed with open arms?

My guess is that (1) no apology would be forthcoming; and also (2) that any such individuals would be put on "spiritual probation" until such time as they proved themselves sufficiently sycophantic to re-embrace TWI restrictions.

Could take issue with practically every sentence in this promo.  But why waste the head space?  I have better things to do.  For example, my toenails need cutting.

It's all fake!!!!!!  

• Like 2

No, not the toenails (which are real and still uncut) but TWI.  And their promises.

All are UNwelcome at The Way :rolleyes: or :angry: (you choose).

20 hours ago, Twinky said:

From the article:

"a strategic plan to reach out to individuals who once fellowshipped with The Way Ministry, but, for whatever reason, currently do not."

So would those individuals include those who -- for whatever reason - mostly baseless -- were M&A'd, slandered, vilified, abused - and if so, would those people firstly receive an apology from The Way Ministry; and secondly, be welcomed with open arms?

My guess is that (1) no apology would be forthcoming; and also (2) that any such individuals would be put on "spiritual probation" until such time as they proved themselves sufficiently sycophantic to re-embrace TWI restrictions.

Could take issue with practically every sentence in this promo.  But why waste the head space?  I have better things to do.  For example, my toenails need cutting.

It's all fake!!!!!!  

Great assessment. They act as if because Donna and Rosalie made Craiggers the fall guy for his scandal (not his practices as they all know he learned from victor paul wierwille and are complicit to this day) and whitewashed a bunch of classes and books that everything is ok now and can all go back to the way it was...pun intended. Yeah....not so. I could never turn back now that Christ is the focal point in my life....that's like going back to Egypt...no thanks. 

"Time to come home is a strategic plan to reach out to individuals who once fellowshipped with The Way Ministry, but, for whatever reason, currently do not."

This "strategic plan" of twi is a pathetic and deceitful lie to tempt people to return to the dog's vomit whereas Jeremiah 29:11 speaks the truth, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I think the song below also speaks of what it truly means to come home for anyone who is missing loving fellowship.  ("come home" is in the chorus :wink2:)

Edited by Charity

2 hours ago, Charity said:

"Time to come home is a strategic plan to reach out to individuals who once fellowshipped with The Way Ministry, but, for whatever reason, currently do not."

Still makes me think they need to replenish their coffers after mark and avoiding all the RnR crowd and anyone that looked like em. 

39 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Still makes me think they need to replenish their coffers after mark and avoiding all the RnR crowd and anyone that looked like em. 

The very first article in this May/June issue cunningly suggests how (H-O-W) they will meet their need.

https://content.yudu.com/web/1rz5c/0A1tgm5/MJ2023/html/index.html?page=4&origin=reader

Edited by Nathan_Jr
God does NOT need or want your money!

38 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

The very first article in this May/June issue cunningly suggests how (H-O-W) they will meet their need.

https://content.yudu.com/web/1rz5c/0A1tgm5/MJ2023/html/index.html?page=4&origin=reader

Thanks for the link. 

The more generous we are in our giving the more properous we become in our receiving.

My experiences in the way international do not reflect this statement to be true, and I was one giving mofo. It always seemed that after giving away 15 to 20% of my income to the way international, and most of my time to the way international, that the only thing that was prospered was the way international. Stange perception, no?

These guys still teach the necessity of the tithe, which by all accounts was for the Levites care because they served in the Temple year round and the priests gave a heave offering or 10% of their tithes for the high priest. After Christ completed the new covenant we are simply instructed to give as we purpose in our hearts and to be cheerful about it. Their doctrines on tithing are from the pit of victor paul wierwille's lusts for money.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

How can one be instructed or commanded to be a cheerful giver? This seems counterintuitive to me. This passage in Paul is twisted by many religious institutions, not just TWI, to gaslight the earnest seeker to part with their money.

If I give with the expectation to receive something in return, whether material wealth or future imagined spiritual rewards, then my motive is impure, no matter how cheerful I make myself. That is a quid pro quo transaction, and no amount of glove fitting can change this.

Love does not keep score. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

How can one be instructed or commanded to be a cheerful giver? This seems counterintuitive to me. This passage in Paul is twisted by many religious institutions, not just TWI, to gaslight the earnest seeker to part with their money.

If I give with the expectation to receive something in return, whether material wealth or future imagined spiritual rewards, then my motive is impure, no matter how cheerful I make myself. That is a quid pro quo transaction, and no amount of glove fitting can change this.

Love does not keep score. 

I agree that Churches have made twisted metal of that verse hands down. It actually tells one how directly in the verse:

2 Corinthians 9:7

“Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver"

Don't give grudingly or out of obligation. Give what you purpose you want to give. So it's not that we are commanded to be cheerful either, just that God loves a cheerful giver. I give a lot of money to the homeless and others in need but it's not out of obligation or necessity or because the way international thinks I owe them minimum 10% of my income. I give quetly, privately, and when and where I want to and Im personally very happy that way. It's between God, me, and the person receiving the gift.

On 5/24/2023 at 4:56 PM, Twinky said:

From the article:

Could take issue with practically every sentence in this promo.  But why waste the head space?  I have better things to do.  

This "welcome" would come with MANY STRINGS ATTACHED.  First of all, this broad-stroke "welcome" is directed at the lowly, faithful, abs-sharing advanced class grad who keeps his head down and feels guilty (before God) that he has been cut off from this supposed "godly ministry" thru no fault of his own.  He/she was marginalized during a high-octane martindale-induced series of mandates and was told he wasn't wanted at fellowship anymore.

For others, like you and me are very VOCAL about all the bad policies, plagiarizing, private interpretation, sexual predation, bullying, serial hypocrisy, elitism, etc..... we would be put on STRICT PROBATION with firm warnings that they might give three warnings before AGAIN re-assigning us to mark/avoid status.  This firm warning would not be subtle.... it would be handled very firm in the presence of two or three directors to increase the intimidation factor.  They simply could not allow someone like posters at GSC to have open access to branch fellowships.  

Of course, there would be no apology forthcoming.  They would simply extend the invitation to rejoin their group stipulating that THE PAST IS PAST.  If I choose to try to rectify the wrongs, then it's all a non-starter because they would claim that re-litigating the plethora of past sins by twi is not something that they will tolerate.  Even splinter groups will NOT allow past grievances to be brought to light.  They have several verses of Scripture that they cherry-pick to substantiate their stance.

There is a verse in Thessalonians that tells us to AVOID ALL APPEARANCE OF EVIL.

• Why would I even want to walk thru those doors of evil again?
  • What could possibly be of benefit to me to associate with such lowlifes again?
  • There is NO INDICATION that the leopard has changed his spots.
  • We at GSC are over the target area with our information and twi knows it.
  • They probably have a binder full of my GSC-posts and many other posters.
  • Why would I ever want to give them power over my life again?
  • They are spreading false teachings about my mediator and Lord.
  • Their classes and programs are filled with traps and snares.
  • Never Again.

Clearly, amongst many things......GSC has done a good job in sounding the alarm.  Twi is no longer formidable, but a dying shell of its former self.  The numbers are so pathetic and the classes and programs so dismal.... that twi is trying to recover those they chased away with their bullying.  What fools.  We were NEVER your servants... but were tempting to follow and serve our risen lord and savior, Jesus Christ.  You elitist idiots are the modern-day Pharisees of egotism.  Woe unto you.

Scum bags who promote false teachings for a pittance paycheck.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:43 PM, OldSkool said:

This may be a silly question but why wouldn't or couldn't they have just sold everything and split the money how ever many ways and move on?  Did they really think they could build up twi to make it the golden goose that it was in the 70's and 80's. 

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

This firm warning would not be subtle.... it would be handled very firm in the presence of two or three directors to increase the intimidation factor. 

After fighting with the directors for two years before leaving for good let me assure anyone reading along that they are worse than paper tigers, weakness at it's finest. All they have is threats and intimidation. I marked and avoided their sorry behinds in 2008 so it's a rap at this point.

• Like 1

Oh ho!

"A love of wealth or money can subtly overtake a love of God if allowed.  When this happens, it is evidenced by covetousness, a desire for more and more."

And there we have it, folks.  We see the evidence.  So they are admitting that the love of wealth or money and the incessant desire for more and more has indeed overtaken a (a??) love of God.

"A love of money, wealth or possessions can indeed produce covetousness, but it cannot produce sustained happiness."

It certainly cannot produce sustained happiness for those who feel forced to contribute to the coffers of those who have a love of wealth or money.  What it's generally produced for the contributors is sustained poverty, not abundance - material or spiritual.  What's generally produced for the recipients is - well, more and more greed.  Their greeds and wants are definitely parallel.

Oh, and I want to add something else.  I attend one church StACC regularly; and another church, known as the abbey although it hasn't been an abbey in centuries, occasionally - both Anglican.

These churches use the money received to fund work that genuinely helps our communities - StACC is in an overlooked, impoverished area, so we provide free meals on a weekly basis to all-comers, and there's lots of other help etc available to anyone in need.  The income is used to pay for outreach workers of various types.

At the abbey, the Big Church for the city, there's also a lot going on, including some free meals and a vast amount of other support.  A lot of clergy, only some of whom are paid for by the diocese - the rest from church funds.

And BOTH churches (as churches) give away AT LEAST one tenth of all their income to support other churches and church building projects and missions, some within this country, and some to help overseas work. 
StACC (just a little church) is helping support a church in Albania, another in Romania, both on a regular basis; and there are occasional donations to several other African countries.  Our slightly larger parent or maybe sister church has a whole missions team and supports four or five overseas missions and projects.
The Abbey donates to four or five overseas missions, including the project Reaching The Unreached, which helps the most destitute children in south India with provision of housing, clothing, education (inc through Uni if the kids are bright enough).

(Additional to this, members of the congregation often choose to donate privately to these causes.)

Both churches have had serious financial problems in recent years and it's been a struggle to keep afloat.  But their donations to support these worthy causes have remained at at least 10% of their income and they see this as vital.

These churches are not doing anything extraordinary - in that this is expected, not just of Anglican churches but Methodists, Salvation Army, and no doubt many other denominations.

Compare and contrast with a cornfield cult, that thinks giving "bursaries" to African students to study in Ohio is generous.  
And certainly wouldn't think of donating either time or money to helping homeless people in the nearest large town.

5 hours ago, Charity said:

Charity, I'll raise you this one - thought it was what you were posting, but yours is very different.  You probably know this one well:

2 minutes ago, Charity said:

This may be a silly question but why wouldn't or couldn't they have just sold everything and split the money how ever many ways and move on?  Did they really think they could build up twi to make it the golden goose that it was in the 70's and 80's. 

They don't have much to sell at this point. Camp Gunnison, which is a solid investment that come with water rights on the Gunnison river is a huge asset that even the current directors at TWI aren't stupid enough to liquidate. After that it's HQ. They already lease out their fields for local farmers to work hay, corn or soybeans. Otherwise, there's not much left to liquadate. HQ property is mostly garbage because it was all built around the annnual rock of ages and literally on a shoestring budget. The exception being the auditorium which is a VERY nice building inside and out. The OSC is a glorified ROA warehouse. Ermal Owens Building is a comlete POS as is the so called Biblical Research Center. Heck, I was working in the BRC and saw blocks that had been scabbed together to make studs when it was built because appearantly they ran out. So the money problems could be real, if that indeed is what it's all about. 

Or maybe the current group of directors is feeling some type of way (as they say) about the latest round of mass mark and avoids and want to at least appear remorseful or something like that...