GreaseSpot Cafe

Anonymous mischief

Twinky

40 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I've heard there's another side to the story.  

Sort of mystical talk - since nobody can utter what it is.

Hi Bolshevik,

I’m replying to you quoting me, just to acknowledge that I have been reading all your recent posts on other threads too and to give you some feedback

I have been quiet and had chosen not to get caught up in the bruhaha over Waydale and Grease Spot Café...and it seems you've generated a lot of it. 

The main reason I have not jumped in is because I really really do like you from all that I know about you interacting with you all these years, and I admire all the insight you’ve shared here…also I absolutely love your sense of humor – and cannot get enough of it – especially whenever you’re on a roll. 

For several reasons I must respectfully decline from engaging you over your continued insinuations and referring to incidents, conspiracies, mind-games, and victimizations and who is to blame. This all seems like such a drastic dark turn from the Bolshevik that I know and love - I am at a loss of how to respond.

Please don’t force a reaction from me and/or expect me to choose a side. Waydale is before my online activity. The folks and forums of Grease Spot Café mean so much to me. I don’t want to fight with you. I’m afraid to say much more because sometimes I make matters worse when I open my big mouth. 

Love and peace 
T-Bone

On 11/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, T-Bone said:

Hi Bolshevik,

I’m replying to you quoting me, just to acknowledge that I have been reading all your recent posts on other threads too and to give you some feedback

I have been quiet and had chosen not to get caught up in the bruhaha over Waydale and Grease Spot Café...and it seems you've generated a lot of it. 

The main reason I have not jumped in is because I really really do like you from all that I know about you interacting with you all these years, and I admire all the insight you’ve shared here…also I absolutely love your sense of humor – and cannot get enough of it – especially whenever you’re on a roll. 

For several reasons I must respectfully decline from engaging you over your continued insinuations and referring to incidents, conspiracies, mind-games, and victimizations and who is to blame. This all seems like such a drastic dark turn from the Bolshevik that I know and love - I am at a loss of how to respond.

Please don’t force a reaction from me and/or expect me to choose a side. Waydale is before my online activity. The folks and forums of Grease Spot Café mean so much to me. I don’t want to fight with you. I’m afraid to say much more because sometimes I make matters worse when I open my big mouth. 

Love and peace 
T-Bone

Hi T-Bone,

Don't think I've said much that hasn't been touched on 10 years ago here.  That Gen-2 character added a Zuckerberg layer in my attitude toward the internet.

I've interacted recently with old TWIG coordinators and have recently watched interactions between The Way and others.  Some other TWI related stuff too.

If I seem dark . . . it's because I'm watching The Way International in the real world

On 11/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, T-Bone said:

. . .

. . .

Some people get to walk away from TWI - no strings attached if they choose.  I do not relate well to these people.

Some of us have been held responsible from the day we were born.  That is a forced discussion be it here or there or everywhere and not in the realm of possibility to ignore.

11 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Some people get to walk away from TWI - no strings attached if they choose.  I do not relate well to these people.

Some of us have been held responsible from the day we were born.  That is a forced discussion be it here or there or everywhere and not in the realm of possibility to ignore.

Held responsible for what? Held responsible by whom?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Held responsible for what? Held responsible by whom?

For What?  My being in The Way.  My family being in The Way.  The Way.  Things done in The Way.  Things people do in the Way.  Things people do to other people in The Way.  We are all responsible for the previous generations and others, that's what social security and vaccines are, right?

By Whom?  Let's see.  Family.  Former Friends.  Wayfers.  Non-Wayfers.  (I've mentioned being back-doored by the internet). 

It would make me a disagreeable person to not take responsibility for The Way International, right?  So what went wrong and why?  Things just happen and decisions just make themselves.  

If absurdism isn't working is it because I'm doing it wrong?

35 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

It would really help to clarify things if you would stop being enigmatic. Instead of being ambiguous – be specific. If you’re deliberately being vague to skirt around what I said – please stop. This seems childish…I believe one of our greatest assets is the freedom to choose. Your talk of certain people getting to leave TWI without restrictions – seems confusing to me – it implies - - envy? Do you see yourself as lacking the freedom to choose?

35 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Your cryptic message seems forced to me – in that it is produced with effort…affected or unnatural…that is a choice on your part and to say that is “not in the realm of possibility to ignore” is a perception that you have chosen…and besides all that I have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by T-Bone

10 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

For What?  My being in The Way.  My family being in The Way.  The Way.  Things done in The Way.  Things people do in the Way.  Things people do to other people in The Way.  We are all responsible for the previous generations and others, that's what social security and vaccines are, right?

By Whom?  Let's see.  Family.  Former Friends.  Wayfers.  Non-Wayfers.  (I've mentioned being back-doored by the internet). 

It would make me a disagreeable person to not take responsibility for The Way International, right?  So what went wrong and why?  Things just happen and decisions just make themselves.  

If absurdism isn't working is it because I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks.

Absurd, indeed.

16 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

It would really help to clarify things if you would stop being enigmatic. Instead of being ambiguous – be specific. If you’re deliberately being vague to skirt around what I said – please stop. This seems childish…I believe one of our greatest assets is the freedom to choose. Your talk of certain people getting to leave TWI without restrictions – seems confusing to me – it implies - - envy? Do you see yourself as lacking the freedom to choose?

Your cryptic message seems forced to me – in that it is produced with effort…affected or unnatural…that is a choice on your part and to say that is “not in the realm of possibility to ignore” is a perception that you have chosen…and besides all that I have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't know why someone like yourself, for example, is here.

14 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I don't know why someone like yourself, for example, is here.

Some reasons why I’m here: to make up for the 12 years I unknowingly supported and facilitated a harmful and controlling cult; it’s good therapy for me; I’d like to help other way corps escape and/or sort out the wierwille toxins.

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Hi T-Bone,

Don't think I've said much that hasn't been touched on 10 years ago here.  That Gen-2 character added a Zuckerberg layer in my attitude toward the internet.

I've interacted recently with old TWIG coordinators and have recently watched interactions between The Way and others.  Some other TWI related stuff too.

If I seem dark . . . it's because I'm watching The Way International in the real world

It looks to me like you lash out at everyone. Cyberspace is not the real world. Can’t say how TWI is now - but in my time TWI operated in its own little world. I remember it colored the way I looked at the real world.

2 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Some reasons why I’m here: to make up for the 12 years I unknowingly supported and facilitated a harmful and controlling cult; it’s good therapy for me; I’d like to help other way corps escape and/or sort out the wierwille toxins.

I tend to think in terms of the next kid trying to slip away and talk to other people in a fresh context.  See how things do and don't work without the internet birds chirping bias in the ear of people they meet.  From there I see the internet a greater threat than The Way itself.

Why is an open forum necessary?  Former wayfers want to talk about being wayfers.  That's fine.  

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

It looks to me like you lash out at everyone. Cyberspace is not the real world. Can’t say how TWI is now - but in my time TWI operated in its own little world. I remember it colored the way I looked at the real world.

I honestly would like TWI to be it's own little world - I come from that world and am a result of it - As much as I don't like it - I hope I am very clear that I hate The Way

I've also posted light on TWI inner whatevers . . . but don't you want that done where non-wayfers aren't looking?

3 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I tend to think in terms of the next kid trying to slip away and talk to other people in a fresh context.  See how things do and don't work without the internet birds chirping bias in the ear of people they meet.  From there I see the internet a greater threat than The Way itself.

Why is an open forum necessary?  Former wayfers want to talk about being wayfers.  That's fine.  

The internet like free speech is a double edged sword. One should exercise caution and cognitive skills.

Some issues need to be addressed IN CONTEXT otherwise discussions will be vague useless and some might tend to pontificate diagnose and prescribe inappropriately

Just now, T-Bone said:

The internet like free speech is a double edged sword. One should exercise caution and cognitive skills.

Some issues need to be addressed IN CONTEXT otherwise discussions will be vague useless and some might tend to pontificate diagnose and prescribe inappropriately

Ok.  Just a hypothetical,  If every conversation you have with your significant other were uploaded to the internet, how would that change your relationships?

The Way is not just some organization you do on the weekend for fun . . . free speech as I understand is about our relationship with the government . . .  The Way is not a government.

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I think you’re too broad in your brush strokes. How threats are perceived is relative. If I put myself in the frame of mind I had when I was in TWI – the internet would be the greater threat – I’d probably say it was the devil’s playground…worldly.

But being free of TWI’s manipulative influence and having some confidence in my ever-developing cognitive skills, I read, watch, listen to stuff that I choose and process it the way I choose. I see TWI and any other con game as a threat if someone is not aware of their tricks.

Glad you approve

I honestly would like TWI to be it's own little world - I come from that world and am a result of it - As much as I don't like it - I hope I am very clear that I hate The Way

TWI is it’s own little world…you have been very clear that you hate it.

I've also posted light on TWI inner whatevers . . . but don't you want that done where non-wayfers aren't looking?

I don’t understand the question

Ok.  Just a hypothetical,  If every conversation you have with your significant other were uploaded to the internet, how would that change your relationships?

if all our conversations were uploaded to the internet I doubt if it would change our relationships. BECAUSE my wife and I have nothing to hide. I’m really not afraid of the internet finding out I’m just as much an a$$-hole at home as I am on the internet - and my wife has the patience of a saint :rolleyes:

The Way is not just some organization you do on the weekend for fun . . .

Do you think that it was something I did on the weekend for fun?

free speech as I understand is about our relationship with the government . . .  The Way is not a government.

Free speech as I understand it is about the liberty to express ideas, info, opinions in various relationships – politicians at rallies, political commentaries, pastors in a church, musicians /artists/ poets / writers with their audience, websites online users to online users, etc.

Freedom of speech is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or a community to articulate their opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation, censorship, or legal sanction. The right to freedom of expression has been recognized as a human right in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and international human rights law by the United Nations. Many countries have constitutional law that protects free speech. Terms like free speech, freedom of speech, and freedom of expression are used interchangeably in political discourse. However, in a legal sense, the freedom of expression includes any activity of seeking, receiving, and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.  From:   Freedom of speech - Wikipedia

And you are correct - The Way is not a government...though the board of directors might disagree with me  :evildenk:

Edited by T-Bone
revision

The Way is not just some organization you do on the weekend for fun . . . free speech as I understand is about our relationship with the government . . .  The Way is not a government.

That's WAY too small of a box into which to stuff free speech.

Free speech is about uncomfortable artistic human expression. It challenges any and all societal norms and mores. Some of which (norms/mores) push back and survive, some fall by the wayside.

The Way is not a government.

TWI is a closed society which has informal government, a totalitarian government of, by, and for the unwritten laws which serve "leadership."

Edited by Rocky
correct a typo

46 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

. . .

if all our conversations were uploaded to the internet I doubt if it would change our relationships. BECAUSE my wife and I have nothing to hide. I’m really not afraid of the internet finding out I’m just as much an a$$-hole at home as I am on the internet - and my wife has the patience of a saint :rolleyes:

. . .

I find it interesting you would openly share your relationship like that . . . if privacy is of low value . . . maybe take the curtains of all the windows too.  Upload bank statements.  

Maybe if all couples were required to do this  . . . it would end domestic abuse?

The #MeToo movement would gain a lot from that . . . as strangers can collectively monitor these matters . . . and referee as needed

Edited by Bolshevik
hmm

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I find it interesting you would openly share your relationship like that . . . if privacy is of low value . . . maybe take the curtains of all the windows too.  Upload bank statements.  

Maybe if all couples were required to do this  . . . it would end domestic abuse?

uhm - you presented a HYPOTHICAL question...didn't expect you to morph it into a bigger philosophical argument. why didn't you ask all that in the first place? 

so you're take away from me answering a hypothetical question is that privacy has little value to me? Are you trying to out-a$$-hole me? :biglaugh:

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

uhm - you presented a HYPOTHICAL question...didn't expect you to morph it into a bigger philosophical argument. why didn't you ask all that in the first place? 

so you're take away from me answering a hypothetical question is that privacy has little value to me? Are you trying to out-a$$-hole me? :biglaugh:

It was a hypothetical point about how at some point, TWI should be nobody's business.  

36 minutes ago, Rocky said:

TWI is a closed society which has informal government, a totalitarian government of, by, and for the unwritten laws which serve "leadership."

It's not a threat to any real government . . . or real governments would act