GreaseSpot Cafe

Anonymous mischief

Twinky

18 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I didn't know and it was on GSC that I found out that TWI was rotten. Could have I found out another way? kind of a moot point because the internet is how I found out.

Yes I do not believe that I ever would have discovered the truth outside these websites. There are so many layers of whitewash and limiting access to things that only by multiple people comparing stories that we actually piece together anything.

It’s not like the Way published a truthful version of their history like Matthew Mark Luke and John did for Jesus story.  They removed the main KoolAid snowstorm book from the library and hounded Mrs VPW to finish that book she really wasn’t much into writing.  No they obscure the history for their own filthy lucre benefit preserving their power in their positions because they are pathetic and that is all they have in their whole life.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, chockfull said:

Yes I do not believe that I ever would have discovered the truth outside these websites. There are so many layers of whitewash and limiting access to things that only by multiple people comparing stories that we actually piece together anything.

It’s not like the Way published a truthful version of their history like Matthew Mark Luke and John did for Jesus story.  They removed the main KoolAid snowstorm book from the library and hounded Mrs VPW to finish that book she really wasn’t much into writing.  No they obscure the history for their own filthy lucre benefit preserving their power in their positions because they are pathetic and that is all they have in their whole life.

Wonderful insight. 

As to twi obscuring the organization's history, unfortunately that's typical and human nature. 

It's been believed for eons that history is written by the victors. Well, the interwebs, aka the internet, DOES democratize the writing and recording of history such that it's NOT ONLY the victorious who get to write their stories.

THIS is why I am so enthusiastic about the history of Waydale and the Greasespot Cafe.

Obviously, history is VIEWED through different lenses, different perspectives. I hope that in a decade or two, Bolshevik will see it differently than he does at this particular moment.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Twinky said:

No, actually, the goal of the internet was to spread opportunity.  To spread information sharing - between scientists. 

And it didn't take long at all for opportunists of all kinds to exploit said opportunity. :wink2: :confused:

Speaking of human nature... it's human nature to communicate. Yet, content has expanded by orders of magnitude over the millennia. I suspect study of the content in NK (not North Korea) in the 1990s and early 2000s would/could provide immense anthropological insight into studies of community survival. Have any of you ever wondered about how/why WOW families faced resistance in communities they attempted to occupy and proselytize in? Might that be related at all to the phenomenon Bolshevik described from his experience after word of the Allen lawsuit started spreading like wildfire? 

Edited by Rocky

On 12/14/2022 at 4:24 AM, Twinky said:

. . .

That social media and the rumour mill in general have found the "internet" and perhaps abused it is not the fault of "the internet" but of the owners of various websites and types of social media.  Some social media is abused to bully people.  Other social media is used to build others up and to form support networks.  As always, we as individuals get to choose what we want to look at, listen to and pay attention to.  

Here is some history of the internet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

You're assuming a lot of this stuff is conscious.  The internet absolutely divides community, and substitutes for knowing your neighbor.  There's other factors are at play, there term I know is atomization of society.

Social media sounds like pretending to be communal while upholding individualistic values.

On 12/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, Rocky said:

. . .

Obviously, history is VIEWED through different lenses, different perspectives. I hope that in a decade or two, Bolshevik will see it differently than he does at this particular moment.

I would have preferred to have developed relationships without influence of the people I was trying to get away from.  The internet was an extension of the wooden spoon, one generation passing the buck.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:00 PM, OldSkool said:

Well, that was a kick in the nads, yes. However, it wasnt so much that he lied - it was that they all lied. Wierwille, martindale, rosalie, and a bunch of people that I personally knew and worked with that were listed on the lawsuits. It's that wierwilles works were plagairaized. The entire way ministry is built on lies and that was the tough part because I believed them at their word that they were doing the best they knew and all that jazz. I never expected perfection but I did expect them to live up to how they said they operated. Lies all across the board. Heck - when the electical loop at HQ fried from neglect in 1999 I even saw John Reynolds get up an lie about that. Made it sound like they took care of things to the utmost and the project was planned. Turns out they knew at least since 96 the direct burial cable was shedding voltage and was in the process of failing. Lies all across the board. If they didn't lie so much there would be no need for any websites to expose them.

I don't know that the internet exposes anything.  What is news to some was never news to others.

I was born into TWI.  I know others born into TWI.  We all have parents.  Those parents have relatives, these people talk.  

People ignore red flags.  That's what people do.

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

don't know that the internet exposes anything.  What is news to some was never news to others.

Look...I'm not saying your experiences were anything other than what u say they are, and I appreciate your perspective. Please don't tell me my life experiences with the way international and the internet and gsc aren't want I say they are because before God I'm not lying. You've known  me personally a long time...I ever strike u as a bullshonta kinda guy?

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Look...I'm not saying your experiences were anything other than what u say they are, and I appreciate your perspective. Please don't tell me my life experiences with the way international and the internet and gsc aren't want I say they are because before God I'm not lying. You've known  me personally a long time...I ever strike u as a bullshonta kinda guy?

Not sure I follow.

The Cult is a family structure . . . . or a substitute for one.

13 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

My apologies...the internet/GSC did expose twi to me and I was able to verify it all.

Your statement . . .

This suggests me you had a separate value system within you while you were in TWI.  Otherwise, wouldn't you accept any explanation they gave you regardless?

Your statement . . .

This suggests me you had a separate value system within you while you were in TWI.  Otherwise, wouldn't you accept any explanation they gave you regardless?

No...my value system is the same it's just not polluted with pflap any longer. I never asked the directors for an explanation...but I did from others including verification from WayGB, our old boss.

Just now, OldSkool said:

No...my value system is the same it's just not polluted with pflap any longer. I never asked the directors for an explanation...but I did from others including verification from WayGB, our old boss.

Forgive me I'm not tracking

From a young age I felt internal resistance to TWI doctrine and practice . . . I obviously accepted some because it was overwhelming and constant and I am a limited being.  But I never could fully accept it no matter how hard I made myself.

When people say GSC "exposed TWI" . . . it means to me they have a value system separate from TWI and are judging TWI with that . . . so to say something to the effect they were blindsided seems odd.

The Allen Lawsuit is an example.  The Man of GOD porked his wife.  Shouldn't he be thankful?  Or did he not fully accept TWI in the first place?

Forgive me I'm not tracking

From a young age I felt internal resistance to TWI doctrine and practice . . . I obviously accepted some because it was overwhelming and constant and I am a limited being.  But I never could fully accept it no matter how hard I made myself.

When people say GSC "exposed TWI" . . . it means to me they have a value system separate from TWI and are judging TWI with that . . . so to say something to the effect they were blindsided seems odd.

The Allen Lawsuit is an example.  The Man of GOD porked his wife.  Shouldn't he be thankful?  Or did he not fully accept TWI in the first place?

It's a simple deception really. I believed all the official story lines, believed the way had integrity, believed why they taught in their classes etc. Their lies are based on Christian values but their lies distort Christian values. I literally had no idea anything was wrong until the Allen lawsuit. They hide...why do you think so much is confidential? 

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

It's a simple deception really. I believed all the official story lines, believed the way had integrity, believed why they taught in their classes etc. Their lies are based on Christian values but their lies distort Christian values. I literally had no idea anything was wrong until the Allen lawsuit. They hide...why do you think so much is confidential? 

The strength of our boundaries are based on our values.  

I am guessing a strong value system filters out weaker ones.  

With the Allen Lawsuit, there was one guy with another guy's wife.  In some cultures, that's part of the system.  LCM was the MOG.  LCM made the rules, and Mr. Allen should have gone along with it in that framework.  Mr. Allen said he didn't like the system anymore.  He knew a better one.

Considering how The Law of Believing was used so absurdly . . . was it all simple deception?  Or simple acceptance?

(p.s.  I found an address on Zillow yesterday that was "0 Integrity Place".  Maybe an hour south of New Knoxville)

3 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

With the Allen Lawsuit, there was one guy with another guy's wife.  In some cultures, that's part of the system.  LCM was the MOG.  LCM made the rules, and Mr. Allen should have gone along with it in that framework.  Mr. Allen said he didn't like the system anymore.  He knew a better one.

Or Paul was mad because someone in a position of authority used the way corps structure to procure Martindale vulnerable women. Why he chose his wife I don't know but that it happened is awful. The lawsuit named over a bunch of way corps that were involved. So it wasn't that Martindale liked her scent and had a momentary loss of control. What they all did was deliberate, calculated, and a team effort. It's all on public record. They were going to trial on Rico charges...the judge upheld 4 of the 6 charges.

5 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Or Paul was mad because someone in a position of authority used the way corps structure to procure Martindale vulnerable women. Why he chose his wife I don't know but that it happened is awful. The lawsuit named over a bunch of way corps that were involved. So it wasn't that Martindale liked her scent and had a momentary loss of control. What they all did was deliberate, calculated, and a team effort. It's all on public record. They were going to trial on Rico charges...the judge upheld 4 of the 6 charges.

Paul's (and your) value system was not the same as TWI's value system.

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Paul's (and your) value system was not the same as TWI's value system.

Not at all but twi has multiple value systems...the one they enforce in everyone and the one the directors use...then there's their attorneys' value systems 

Edited by OldSkool

I think they and the police can legally lie to you when trying to get info.   Someone might say they are just doing their job.

I guess anyone can legally lie except to the police or under oath.

6 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I would have preferred to have developed relationships without influence of the people I was trying to get away from.  The internet was an extension of the wooden spoon, one generation passing the buck.

I get it. Perhaps in a decade or two, what you learn in the meantime will change your perspective. I expect you will learn a lot in such a duration. I'm not suggesting I know what you'll learn, but only that you will learn more than you know now.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I get it. Perhaps in a decade or two, what you learn in the meantime will change your perspective. I expect you will learn a lot in such a duration. I'm not suggesting I know what you'll learn, but only that you will learn more than you know now.

“Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.”

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

28 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

“Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the Universe than we do now.”

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Yeah, of course you can dismiss my thoughts. But still, if in 10 or 20 years from now you don't know much more than you do now, and hence broaden your perspectives on lots of things, that would be a tragedy in itself. :wink2: