GreaseSpot Cafe

Shedding Waybrain: Antifragility

Rocky

On 3/4/2023 at 6:34 PM, Rocky said:

“You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” -Maya Angelou

I like this quote. We will face many defeats in life. It is one of the reasons for living our life. We are meant to face challenges. And to learn from them.

I think the first way in not allowing ourselves to be defeated is by recognizing challenges will occur. We will not, and cannot, win every challenge which comes our way.

We can only recognize and realize our mistakes and less than optimal life choices when looking in the rear view mirror. That's why it's so incredibly important to be kind to ourselves, learn and develop habits for forgiving ourselves (and others).

We humans are social beings. We can recognize healing more expeditiously in a social context. Notably realizing THE three basic requirements of "good relationships." And obviously, Mark and Avoid is NOT among those requirements.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

We humans are social beings. We can recognize healing more expeditiously in a social context. Notably realizing THE three basic requirements of "good relationships." And obviously, Mark and Avoid is NOT among those requirements.

1. Kindness

2. Shared vulnerability 

3. Understanding and empathy

I can accept that a good relationship REQUIRES these three -- at least these three.

Thanks, Rocky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

If only Loy would have had the light come on to recognize ranting at full volume is also NOT one of those requirements. That goes for me, too.

Apparently, Loy was unwilling to go beyond what he was taught by victor paul wierwille.

Loy didn't know how (H-O-W) to lead effectually, because leadership motivates action by example, not by position; victor paul wierwille taught the opposite.

Ironically, victor paul wierwille's devilish example emboldened Loy to be a failed leader and a miserable person in relation to others.

As all English Bible translations go back to Tyndale, all abject wickedness in TWI 1, 2, 3, 4... goes back to victor paul wierwille.

23 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Apparently, Loy was unwilling to go beyond what he was taught by victor paul wierwille.

Ahh...this one's easy...it should say "Apparently, Loy wasw ONLY ABLE to NOT bo beyond what he was taught by victor paul wierwille..." ....see fits like a .....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

“You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” -Maya Angelou

I like this quote. We will face many defeats in life. It is one of the reasons for living our life. We are meant to face challenges. And to learn from them.

I think the first way in not allowing ourselves to be defeated is by recognizing challenges will occur. We will not, and cannot, win every challenge which comes our way.

So, my challenge for you is to figure out a way to face those defeats, but not let yourself be defeated. Find the wins in every challenge you are nearly being defeated by.

you-will-face-many-defeats-in-your-life-

Depending on the catagory of one’s life being addressed, measuring defeat can be varied. If a baseball hitter successfully gets on base 3 out of every 10 trips to the plate, he is considered a success. If a parachutest fails to deploy his or her chute only 1 time, it can lead to the ultimate defeat. A sales person is required to make a minimum amount of sales to be succeesful. A business owner may not get too many chances to succeed if they cannot read the market they are invested in.

Of course these fall into the catagory of making a livelihood, so one must also be able to know their limitations. If you choose baseball as a career, and out of the last 10 times at bat you get a hit only 1 time, it would be wise to choose another path to support your family financially. 

If someone is talking about bettering their life emotionally, mentally, or physically, they had better be prepared to accept defeat on many turns, but not allow themselves to become defeated. I have experienced defeat so many times when attemting to grow mentally, it is impossible to count. The only thing I can do is pick myself up, start over again, and probably be defeated again. But, at some point, a bit of light shines through, and all the effort has been worthwhile. The result may not be totally what I wanted, but it keeps me going on to greater heights. 

At one point in my life I was terrified of public speaking. To overcome this I joined a group called Toastmasters International. It’s programs began with very easy tasks such as talking in front of the group for a minute. Then learning how to avoid saying, “uh” every other word, then lengthening the speaking duration to 5 minutes, to going to speach meets competing against other groups. The point being it was like taking baby steps, and not a huge leap forward.

As long as a person can find habits, thoughts, and actions to change in their life, they will never want for something to do.

So, my challenge for you is to figure out a way to face those defeats, but not let yourself be defeated. Find the wins in every challenge you are nearly being defeated 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

quote-follow-the-man-who-seeks-the-truth

I certainly haven't found it, but when I was a young man, I followed a man who claimed he had the truth.

Today, I embrace life's chaos as well as holding that Proverbs 2: 1-5 are my favorite scripture verses. However, I'm not interested in developing followers.

THIS is my approach, not my truth. 

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

• 3 weeks later...

I did not read very many comments here..  I see the big banners, why rejection hurts.. need connection.. disappointment of said connection.. rejection again, and again, and again.

Sounds like the story of my life- at least personally.

TWI seemed to attract DEEPLY damaged individuals ("nutcases", including myself).

I lost both parents before high school graduation.  Invitation to any kind of family context or friendship is absolutely irresistible.  I have only refused the invitation

in the few times that the promise was obviously logically ridiculous.  I've learned to ask a few critical questions.

Yep.  I'll come.. but can you really deliver on the promise..

No, they will not be family.  Even family has a poor record of really being family.

I still hold out hope.. that somehow, someday, I will find real family.  If they want to believe that the Moon is made of Green Cheese.. maybe I could live with that or not argue too much about it. 

Still looking for family.. pretty pathetic at 67 years old.

Why don't we talk more.. spend more time.. I've learned quite a few of your languages, english, spanish, music, mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, morse code, and probably a few more..

might more belong to Doctrinal- Genesis 11:6, 7 and 8.

sadly, the internet censor here would bleep out most of my response.   "" you all.  If Paw still has the AI censor installed..

What an interesting life here.. despite rumors, lack of rumors, promises, promises failed, I still have everything that I really need in this life. And am generally happy..

Please feel free to forward the posts of the Squirrel to your mental health professional. 

"f" you all, with the love of God.. God help me, I still can't abandon the love of God.  No way.

Good Evening.. Love,  The Squirrel.

Responding to difficulty.. sometimes it is my core being.. the logical response is generally a justification or an after-thought..

We are so many characteristics..

People are singularities.. I think that that is a false assumption.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.guilford.com/books/The-Mindful-Self-Compassion-Workbook/Neff-Germer/9781462526789

9781462526789.jpg 

https://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Self-Compassion-Workbook-Yourself-Strength-ebook/dp/B07FJQ8WS1/

Beats the heck out of condemning oneself for not complying with cult demands. 

A person who accepts his/herself is able to fit in, "belong," or feel comfortable with healthier groups. :love3: