GreaseSpot Cafe

Still up and Running?

Guest rhinolola

Question

Guest rhinolola

I took PFAL in 1976 in MI @ MSU. Went WOW to ID 77-78. Left TWI in 1985 in LA, where I still live despite Hurricane Katrina.

I had known about the Grease Spot Cafe but figured it had long since gone dark. I was wondering what had happened to some Way musicians when GSC popped up. I decided to check it out again. All the recent postings seem to be one person/entity. Is this still a viable website?

4 answers to this question

Several regulars, and quite a few occasional pop-ins who've been around a long time.  Also other recent joiners.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:44 PM, Guest rhinolola said:

I took PFAL in 1976 in MI @ MSU. Went WOW to ID 77-78. Left TWI in 1985 in LA, where I still live despite Hurricane Katrina.

I had known about the Grease Spot Cafe but figured it had long since gone dark. I was wondering what had happened to some Way musicians when GSC popped up. I decided to check it out again. All the recent postings seem to be one person/entity. Is this still a viable website?

The GSC is still a viable website, with multiple active discussions at any moment- like now.

If you only checked one forum, and only checked for who STARTED threads, then you might think only 1 person's starting most of them.  (Sometimes one person starts a few threads back-to-back.)   There's lots of people posting on the active threads, check all the fora and you'll see.  "About the Way", as always, is quite busy.

On 12/11/2022 at 6:44 PM, Guest rhinolola said:

For finding old Way musicians lol?  It’s more viable than a lot of places lol.  One dude has been trolling keeping a number of folks occupied.  You may or may not be into the banter.  I guess I would still ask though viable for what?  It’s viable for what it is - ex way members connecting and telling stories.  It’s more anti way than like the common Corps groups or whatever on social media.  And FB groups are usually policed by Way zealots.