GreaseSpot Cafe

Jumping to Concussions in a Rush to Judgement

Mike

33 minutes ago, Charity said:

I am interested in hearing about Christ in your life without any mention of the collaterals. 

How'd I do on that, not mentioning the collaterals, ma'am?  

I haven't gone back to read my post yet, so I'm hearing TV game show music in my head as I prepare to go read it.

If you were my English Comp. 101 professor, and considering the brevity of my requested essay, what grade would you give me?

Try to keep that grade separate from the grade you'd give me as a Theology professor would, reading the same mini essay.

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Charity,

since you're new, I'll tell you this in advance. 

One of Mike's hallmarks is to go on for pages on subjects nobody wants, and lots of people refute or debate. 

When someone has a question about something SPECIFIC and CONCRETE,  then Mike suddenly doesn't have time.   In over 20 years, he's never even clarified his belief system as he sees it- because he'd get called on it.  Instead,  he changes positions in secret and claims people misrepresent him based on his previous posts, and uses terms that try to make it sound like he's not that different from everyone else. a la twi.

I even opened a thread to discuss people changing their positions on things over the years. Mike refused to post on it.  There's someone hiding something.

Even after I say there's no point in discussing things with Mike, I still feel the desire or need to shine some light and truth on what he says - not so much for him because he doesn't want to see it, but for others, especially new people, who read his posts.

On my walk outside just now, I talked to Christ about all those still blinded by twi, those who are hurting in twi, those who have left twi but are still hurting and those who, like me, are beginning to heal or like others who are continuing to heal years after leaving twi.  GSC is one way Christ can lead people into the way, and the truth and the life which is to himself. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 3:22 PM, OldSkool said:

Well, let's talk about me for a minute.

Very honest post, OldSkool.  Thank you.

:knuddel:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

How'd I do on that, not mentioning the collaterals, ma'am?  

I haven't gone back to read my post yet, so I'm hearing TV game show music in my head as I prepare to go read it.

If you were my English Comp. 101 professor, and considering the brevity of my requested essay, what grade would you give me?

Try to keep that grade separate from the grade you'd give me as a Theology professor would, reading the same mini essay.

I think you are very uncomfortable with reading my post because you are very uncomfortable with intimacy even when that intimacy is with the one who suffered and died personally for you, the one who understands all the crap we hide ourselves in.  This deep discomfort is because of fear Mike - it is what I lived so much in throughout my entire life - before, during and after twi.  It took Christ a long time to be able to reach him, but praise God he has.

29 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Very honest post, OldSkool.  Thank you.

:knuddel:

Your welcome and thanks for the encouragement. It was very uncomfortable for me to post that information but this is what confessed sins and forgiveness looks like. While I am extremely ashamed of who I was and the things I did I will not hide any of it. Granted, I wont talk about my past unless there is a really good reason. But I am able to help people who are dealing with the same problems.

Luke 22:31, 32

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren

Well, I'm not Peter, but I am now converted and I will do all I can to strengthen my brethren. Thanks again for the kind words! 

Before I finish my post here, let me say that you have been an inspiration for me over the years here on GSC. I love the illustrations you share, your experiences, your good works and such ... keep on keeping on and you have inspired me to continue service in my own life as well. Peace!

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

...It was very uncomfortable for me to post that information but this is what confessed sins and forgiveness looks like. While I am extremely ashamed of who I was and the things I did I will not hide any of it. Granted, I wont talk about my past unless there is a really good reason. But I am able to help people who are dealing with the same problems.

I was badly broken after being kicked out and was a desperate, near suicidal, wreck for a good ten years afterwards.  I was deeply ashamed then, and am ashamed of that person who I'd been turned into.  It wasn't really "me" - I'd been brought up by my parents to be much better than I became.  I hurt people that I cannot apologise to (how I wish I could!).  I don't really talk about it, either.

But I do use the post-TWI experience and growth to try to help others who have been in equally desperate circumstances.  Lemons into lemonade, as it were.  I have much more to share now, and a bigger base for helping others.

Life is sooooooooooooo much better now.  Thank God.  Thank the Lord Jesus, who rescued me from all that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Twinky said:

I was badly broken after being kicked out and was a desperate, near suicidal, wreck for a good ten years afterwards.  I was deeply ashamed then, and am ashamed of that person who I'd been turned into.  It wasn't really "me" - I'd been brought up by my parents to be much better than I became.  I hurt people that I cannot apologise to (how I wish I could!).  I don't really talk about it, either.

But I do use the post-TWI experience and growth to try to help others who have been in equally desperate circumstances.  Lemons into lemonade, as it were.  I have much more to share now, and a bigger base for helping others.

Life is sooooooooooooo much better now.  Thank God.  Thank the Lord Jesus, who rescued me from all that stuff.

Yes Ma'am!!

3 hours ago, Charity said:

Even after I say there's no point in discussing things with Mike, I still feel the desire or need to shine some light and truth on what he says - not so much for him because he doesn't want to see it, but for others, especially new people, who read his posts.

He does that to people. Very likely with full intent. Hopefully, it will eventually wear off.:wink2: :confused:

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

The ESSENCE of the message of GSC. I bet those three sentences would make a great mission statement.

This quote was taken from another thread, on the Great Principle, here:   https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25403-great-principle-whitewashed/#comment-626569

On 1/1/2023 at 8:23 AM, waysider said:

When my son was in about 4th or 5th grade he said, "Hey, Dad, let's build a go-kart." I said, "OK, how will we make it go?" He said, "We'll put an old lawnmower engine on it." "Well, that sounds good", I said. "How will we make the engine turn the wheels?"   ...   So, God, who can only talk to spirit, teaches my spirit, which teaches my .......Hey! Wait a minute!

Let’s finish the go-kart analogy. What you need between the engine and the wheels is LINKAGE.

If this were a piece of computer hardware, it would be called an INTERFACE.

In the Word it is called spirit upon, or spirit within and is similar to these common intervening mechanisms.

In the OT are many accounts of the need to have spirit to have a real deep, detailed conversation with God. Even Jesus needed it, and finally got it from his cousin John the Baptist.

I have been looking into this for many years. The Great Principle is brought up a lot in the film class; a surprisingly large number of times.

Each time there is contextual teaching about where it came from. A large part of Great Principle (GP) came from 1Corintihans 2 section below. I’ll get into the many appearances of the sometime soon.

*/*/*/*/*/*

I wondered at where VPW got the GP from.

At first I thought it had to be in scripture, but couldn’t find it.

Then for the following years I gave it the name on my paper folder’s tab: “The Enlightened Postulate” because it looked like VPW just plucked it out of nowhere, having no backing in scripture. I had drifted into thinking he might have got it by revelation.

But in the past 25 years I have seen some more detail to this whole story.  I now think that VPW saw “spirit upon” in the OT as an interface mechanism, like the go-kart linkage.

Key to this topic is remembering that the things of God are foolish to the man without spirit.

I slightly modified the KJV below to reflect the spirit usages given at the back of RHST.

1 Cor 2:9-16 
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His spirit 5 gift: for the spirit 5 power searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit 4 self of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit 1 God of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit 8 devils of the world, but the spirit 2a gift which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the spirit 5 power teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit 1 God of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

For a natural OT man who happens to seek God and drive his mind to consider these “foolish” things of God, any assistance in this learning process by God would help build a new set of synapse settings that could counter the natural reflex to scoff and be repulsed at the things of God.

This could be how the spirit is “put upon” them. They needed something to get something built within their natural mind, that is at least pointed in the right direction to hear from God.

This new and unnatural network of brain cells (this interface of neuron settings) can resist the reflex to scoff at and be repulsed by the things of God. This would give God more to work with as these new brain connections are built strong enough to get heavy revvy.

*/*/*/*/*/*

In my often scoffed at “dog and cat analogy” for the GP, this interface might be likened to an Elon Musk brain implant in a pet’s brain that makes it able handle human language better.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

This quote was taken from another thread, on the Great Principle, here:   https://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/25403-great-principle-whitewashed/#comment-626569

Let’s finish the go-kart analogy. What you need between the engine and the wheels is LINKAGE.

In the Word it is called spirit upon, or spirit within and is similar to these common intervening mechanisms.

In the OT are many accounts of the need to have spirit to have a real deep, detailed conversation with God. Even Jesus needed it, and finally got it from his cousin John the Baptist.

I have been looking into this for many years. The Great Principle is brought up a lot in the film class; a surprisingly large number of times.

Each time there is contextual teaching about where it came from. A large part of Great Principle (GP) came from 1Corintihans 2 section below. I’ll get into the many appearances of the sometime soon.

*/*/*/*/*/*

I wondered at where VPW got the GP from.

At first I thought it had to be in scripture, but couldn’t find it.

Then for the following years I gave it the name on my paper folder’s tab: “The Enlightened Postulate” because it looked like VPW just plucked it out of nowhere, having no backing in scripture. I had drifted into thinking he might have got it by revelation.

But in the past 25 years I have seen some more detail to this whole story.  I now think that VPW saw “spirit upon” in the OT as an interface mechanism, like the go-kart linkage.

Key to this topic is remembering that the things of God are foolish to the man without spirit.

I slightly modified the KJV below to reflect the spirit usages given at the back of RHST.

1 Cor 2:9-16 
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His spirit 5 gift: for the spirit 5 power searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit 4 self of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit 1 God of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit 8 devils of the world, but the spirit 2a gift which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the spirit 5 power teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit 1 God of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*

For a natural OT man who happens to seek God and drive his mind to consider these “foolish” things of God, any assistance in this learning process by God would help build a new set of synapse settings that could counter the natural reflex to scoff and be repulsed at the things of God.

This could be how the spirit is “put upon” them. They needed something to get something built within their natural mind, that is at least pointed in the right direction to hear from God.

This new and unnatural network of brain cells (this interface of neuron settings) can resist the reflex to scoff at and be repulsed by the things of God. This would give God more to work with as these new brain connections are built strong enough to get heavy revvy.

*/*/*/*/*/*

In my often scoffed at “dog and cat analogy” for the GP, this interface might be likened to an Elon Musk brain implant in a pet’s brain that makes it able handle human language better.

I was going to suggest counting all your "my" and "I" in your post.  That inner dialogue narrative . . . thoughts are not facts.

You're talking about rewiring the brain to hear from God.  Yes there's plasticity in the brain.  Yes "they" are working on brain chips.

But those verses sound like describing having the same goal.  Your thoughts will naturally line up with another if you're focused on the same thing?

The verses are not talking about installing some radio antenna in your head.

40 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Your thoughts will naturally line up with another if you're focused on the same thing?

The verses are not talking about installing some radio antenna in your head.

It's not installing a radio, but it is installing thought patterns that counter the natural thinking of God's thoughts being foolishness.  It is installing thought patterns that go against the natural man's deep inclinations. It is unnatural to think beyond our senses data.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

There are no men or women without spirit, always has been, always will be

Edited by cman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's not installing a radio, but it is installing thought patterns that counter the natural thinking of God's thoughts being foolishness.  It is installing thought patterns that go against the natural man's deep inclinations. It is unnatural to think beyond our senses data.

You're saying the same thing over and over.  You're describing pushing minds into a mold.  Not growing them.

People go beyond because that is part of the growth process.  Not sitting dormant waiting for software updates.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You're still missing a piece of the drivetrain, Mike.

Spirit can only talk to spirit except when it's talking to... linkage. 'Cuz, ya see, the linkage is spirit even though it's not spirit. So spirit can talk to linkage because the linkage is ...what?

I'm not claiming to be a Bible expert, but I don't recall every seeing that in any scripture.

(We must study diligently to renew our linkages.)

Edited by waysider
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cman said:

There are no men or women without spirit, always has been, always will be

-There are lots of ways the word "spirit" can be used. I am talking about one such usage.  Example.  The day before Jesus was baptized he did not have something that he did have the day after he was baptized. It is to denote that something that the word "spirit" is used.

12 hours ago, cman said:

This comes back to that body soul spirit bs teachings.

Like saying that some things are in the senses realm and others in the spiritual. 
It's all spiritual, all connected.

-Sure, they have connections, but the Bible also has plenty of verses that document vast differences between spirit and flesh.  I find that the PFAL teaching on body/soul/spirit was eye opening and clarifying. The scriptures make sense with that in mind.

I found that it is easy to drift from the PFAL teaching on body/soul/spirit.  I did not know I was drifting, but I was, and I have proof in the writings I did on science in the 1970s.  I was writing about the brain and free will being beyond science and UN-explainable.  That means I was moving the word "soul" from the natural realm to the spiritual realm. 

I did it so slowly, that I didn't run into contradictions and puzzles until years later. Around 1995 I caught myself in major error, and was amazed at how far I had drifted, unknowingly, from the simple PFAL teaching that body and soul are in the fleshrealm, the natural realm.

So, cman, when you refer to the "body soul spirit bs teachings"  I figure you may have drifted a little, yourself.  If you want to see some of the many verses that document vast differences between spirit and flesh, we could start looking in the Gospels to see how Jesus divided spirit and flesh.

11 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

You're saying the same thing over and over.  You're describing pushing minds into a mold.  Not growing them.  ...  People go beyond because that is part of the growth process.  Not sitting dormant waiting for software updates.

-I'm only talking about a ONE TIME EVENT, not an on-going process such as learning, growth, and expanding horizons, as you rightfully bring up.

The ONE TIME EVENT that I am talking about would be in the OT where a prophet "get" spirit upon him. One time a prophet student asked his teacher prophet if he could get a double dose of the spirit interface.  The student was seeking and driving his mind to not rebel against the things of God, so he was building new circuits in his brain to make hearing God work better.

The other way this ONE TIME EVENT of getting spirit can happen is in the NT where a natural man receives holy spirit for the first time.

Once such a one time event happens, then a lifetime of learning can take place, and this spirit interface can grow and get stronger, as well as the brain/mind/soul can learn every day as life progresses.

11 hours ago, waysider said:

You're still missing a piece of the drivetrain, Mike.

Spirit can only talk to spirit except when it's talking to... linkage. 'Cuz, ya see, the linkage is spirit even though it's not spirit. So spirit can talk to linkage because the linkage is ...what?

I'm not claiming to be a Bible expert, but I don't recall every seeing that in any scripture.

-You are right; drive-trains, linkages, interface modules are not Biblical words, but modern tech words.

In the Bible the word "spirit" is used.  The same word "spirit" is used in about 8 or 10 other ways in addition to being used LIKE an interface module or drive-train linkage. 

The portion of your quote I bold-fonted is too difficult to comment on, because it mixes the modern terms with the Biblical.

The purpose of the spirit upon a prophet in the OT was to help him orient his mind in an unnatural, super-natural direction.  That is no small feat for a natural-man's mind, a God-rejecting mind.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

The portion of your quote I bold-fonted is too difficult to comment on

It's not difficult at all. You're saying that spirit can only speak to spirit but since your mind is physical, not spiritual, somehow some kind of fairy dust gets sprinkled that makes an exception to that rule, thus allowing spirit to talk to something that is not spirit.

Is this something you found in the Book of Facetious?

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

I found that it is easy to drift from the PFAL teaching on body/soul/spirit.  I did not know I was drifting, but I was,

Quit using yourself as a means to say you think we all drifted away from pflap...pflap is trash...junk food. Its sad you cant see past it...you are truly blinded by a pack of lies with enough truth sprinked to make it palatable.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

It's not difficult at all. You're saying that spirit can only speak to spirit but since your mind is physical, not spiritual, somehow some kind of fairy dust gets sprinkled that makes an exception to that rule, thus allowing spirit to talk to something that is not spirit.

Is this something you found in the Book of Facetious?

I think you are taking the GP too seriously, like it was Biblical doctrine. 

I am daring to insert one word (the word "really") to make this GP more easy to understand.

The GP is a a summarizing text to explain a common Biblical occurrence. 

If you put that word "really" in there it can make sense.

God cannot REALLY speak to the natural man's mind, but He can if that mind is augmented by some learning that is in the spiritual direction, then the word "spirit" can apply (not in the same usage #, though) to those new brain connections.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

-Sure, they have connections, but the Bible also has plenty of verses that document vast differences between spirit and flesh.  I find that the PFAL teaching on body/soul/spirit was eye opening and clarifying. The scriptures make sense with that in mind.

I found that it is easy to drift from the PFAL teaching on body/soul/spirit.  I did not know I was drifting, but I was, and I have proof in the writings I did on science in the 1970s.  I was writing about the brain and free will being beyond science and UN-explainable.  That means I was moving the word "soul" from the natural realm to the spiritual realm. 

I did it so slowly, that I didn't run into contradictions and puzzles until years later. Around 1995 I caught myself in major error, and was amazed at how far I had drifted, unknowingly, from the simple PFAL teaching that body and soul are in the fleshrealm, the natural realm.

So, cman, when you refer to the "body soul spirit bs teachings"  I figure you may have drifted a little, yourself.  If you want to see some of the many verses that document vast differences between spirit and flesh, we could start looking in the Gospels to see how Jesus divided spirit and flesh.

-I'm only talking about a ONE TIME EVENT, not an on-going process such as learning, growth, and expanding horizons, as you rightfully bring up.

The ONE TIME EVENT that I am talking about would be in the OT where a prophet "get" spirit upon him. One time a prophet student asked his teacher prophet if he could get a double dose of the spirit interface.  The student was seeking and driving his mind to not rebel against the things of God, so he was building new circuits in his brain to make hearing God work better.

The other way this ONE TIME EVENT of getting spirit can happen is in the NT where a natural man receives holy spirit for the first time.

Once such a one time event happens, then a lifetime of learning can take place, and this spirit interface can grow and get stronger, as well as the brain/mind/soul can learn every day as life progresses.

-You are right; drive-trains, linkages, interface modules are not Biblical words, but modern tech words.

In the Bible the word "spirit" is used.  The same word "spirit" is used in about 8 or 10 other ways in addition to being used LIKE an interface module or drive-train linkage. 

So I have found one of the problems is with an extreme fundamentalist view.  Like the need to separate soul and spirit for example.  There is nothing tangible in the physical realm to suggest this.  But the extreme insistence that words fit exactly mean that it is your mental models that have to do the gymnastics to make it fit.  This drove VP to consistently try to prove his point with scripture as opposed to letting it speak for itself even with apparent inconsistencies.

I don’t agree with getting your own personal iron man suit (lower case) magically when you speak certain words out of your mouth regarding the Lord and Savior.  I think the believing in the heart part is much more than a chant out of a spell book that magically creates “holy spirit” lower case.

It is the beginning of a lifelong relationship with a personal Lord which leaders in TWI have long abandoned in favor of patting themselves on the back and telling everyone how they are placing people in the body as God pleases.

I see that false body soul spirit doctrine leading to a lifestyle practice of manipulating others and self indulgence through “believing”. 

Soul and spirit are involved with life.  One directs the other to a higher or more virtuous life supposedly.  They are inextricably connected.  When life leaves they both leave.  There is a dual relationship between the two.

God works through The Comforter to inspire the person in the soul life to help direct their whole life to a more virtuous path.  Self care and taking the time to consider spiritual matters assists with this.

You don’t get a baby pet holy spirit animal that you feed with lo shantas nonstop 12 hours a day so you can get spiritually big and strong and ascend your climb on the Way tree path.

Christianity - pocket model.  Take your pick - VPW statue, orange book, or dashboard Jesus, who the orange book takes the place of because it’s present.