GreaseSpot Cafe

Trivia about Movies, TV, Music, or anything to do with anything.

Messenger was sent to Mercury and Juno was sent to Jupiter.

I would have accepted "comet" for Stardust.  Specifically, it analyzed dust near the comet Wild-2.

Curiosity was one of the Mars missions.

NASA's GRAIL mission flew twin spacecraft—Ebb and Flow—in tandem around the Moon to map variations in the lunar gravitational field. The probes generated the highest resolution gravity map of any celestial body to date. At the end of the mission, the probes were purposely crashed on the Moon.  As Ebb passed over an area of greater gravity, its speed slowed relative to Flow and increased in lesser gravity.  Higher gravity meant denser rock, presumably caused by an asteroid impact.  Lower density was presumed to be due to volcanic activity.

I'll give it to Raf, with an assist from Human.

George

Okay.  The Beatles released their first single on their record label "Apple Records" on August 26, 1968 with the 7min. 12s song "Hey Jude".   What was on the B-side of the single "Hey Jude"?

Edited by Human without the bean

On 3/18/2023 at 12:36 PM, Human without the bean said:

Okay.  The Beatles released their first single on their record label "Apple Records" on August 26, 1968 with the 7min. 12s song "Hey Jude".   What was on the B-side of the single "Hey Jude"?

Try to remember the time period (if you were old enough to) and the kind of music that The Beatles were putting out.  At the time they were putting out their heavier rock music.  They were done with their psychedelic sounds like Strawberry Fields.  Hey Jude was a Paul song, so the Ying had to be followed with the Yang and a John song.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:36 PM, Human without the bean said:

Originally the reverse was the plan for the B-side to become the single.  Hey Jude then, pushed out the planned side B "Top Beatles' song out of it's intended place.

6 hours ago, Raf said:

I say I want A Little Help From My Friends.

What do you say?

I keep dropping clues but they apparently are falling by the wayside.  No not the song.

Let me post some points that may help dial in on which period of time that this was, because that seems to be the problem.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:00 AM, Human without the bean said:

At the time they were putting out their heavier rock music.  They were done with their psychedelic sounds like Strawberry Fields.

So this is then the period after "Sqt. Pepper", this is late August 1968.  They were working on the White Album when they recorded "Hey Jude" and released the song three months prior to that album (The White Album).

On 3/22/2023 at 9:39 PM, Human without the bean said:

George.  You should be thinking "Get Back".

The thing about it is while the Beatles were doing the "White Album", Paul and John had pretty stopped writing songs together, Ringo had left the band for two weeks, George was sulking about not getting his songs on albums. Within a year, they would be finished recording "Abbey Road" and of course we know what happened with the "Let it Be" album.  They broke up.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:00 AM, Human without the bean said:

Hey Jude was a Paul song, so the Ying had to be followed with the Yang and a John song.

After recording a "Hey Jude" film like promotion with The Beatles playing the song in a studio with a few hundred people, and their fans standing next to them, that was when something changed for them and they got closer to each other resulting with the rooftop concert five months later in Jan. of 1969 and getting back together as a band for what would become their ultimate masterpiece "Abbey Road". 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, Human without the bean said:

Originally the reverse was the plan for the B-side to become the single.  Hey Jude then, pushed out the planned side B "Top Beatles' song out of it's intended place.

The B-side originally was to be the A-side with a POWER BALLAD by John Lennon until the other Beatles vetoed it.   Any guesses?  And no, it's not "The Ballad of John and Yoko".  The Beatles also produced another film like promotion of the song.

Edited by Human without the bean

Sorry, Human.  I'm sure I'll recognize the song when it's revealed, but all the Beatles songs are a jumble to me.  If you told me an album title, I doubt I could name three songs on it, even if I've heard the songs dozens of times.  I remember buying a few Beatles 45s, back in the day, but not one album.

George

We all know Rambo is a killing machine. In the first movie, his commanding officer told the small town sheriff hunting Rambo that he'd better have a "good supply of body bags" if they were going to send people after Rambo.

But how many people does he actually kill in the first movie, First Blood?